The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 06-26-2016, 09:22 AM   #951
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

It depends on how loose you want to use the reboot term. The only two true blue hard reboots have been COIE and New 52. But, as Kevan stated above, there's been a lot of 'soft reboots' that altered canon without outright restarting it.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:44 AM   #952
Sundancer
Cynicist

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
It depends on how loose you want to use the reboot term. The only two true blue hard reboots have been COIE and New 52. But, as Kevan stated above, there's been a lot of 'soft reboots' that altered canon without outright restarting it.

That's pretty much what I was looking for. These Identity and Final Crises stories or whatever...threw me off.

So ho w many parallel worlds are there now?

Sundancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:57 AM   #953
KevanG
Brony

I think it's 52. They seem to like that number for some reason.

Marvel has a bajillion or so but DC only wants 52.

Deadly Premonition - The best horror game you've never played.
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:40 PM   #954
BobJM
Who's Bad?

Since none of the DC superheroes remember Crisis on Infinite Earths, how does Wally West/everyone else think Barry Allen died?

BobJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:09 PM   #955
KevanG
Brony

He died doing something after running away from his trial for murder.

BARRY!

Deadly Premonition - The best horror game you've never played.
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:30 PM   #956
Panthro
Team Language

Did DC's recent run of He-Man & The Masters of the Universe comics end with the Eternity War?

Long Live TCM
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #957
Lobo
Rossum is Awesome

What's Superboy up to lately?

Old 07-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #958
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

Is Joker still many people?

Old 08-18-2016, 05:09 PM   #959
Havok83
Side-Kick

What villians know Batman's secret identity? I know continutiy has been rebooted several times but its amazing how his identity can even still be secret all these decades later. DC in general really

Its funny how DC and Marvel handle it differently bc outside of Spider-Man, most of the main heroes dont really have secret identities and its my understanding that the DC ones do

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:11 PM   #960
Panthro
Team Language

What is Kyle Rayner's ethnicity?

Long Live TCM
Old 08-25-2016, 09:52 AM   #961
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
What is Kyle Rayner's ethnicity?
Half white half Mexican.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:04 AM   #962
WolfCypher
Disabled Complexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
What villians know Batman's secret identity? I know continutiy has been rebooted several times but its amazing how his identity can even still be secret all these decades later. DC in general really

Its funny how DC and Marvel handle it differently bc outside of Spider-Man, most of the main heroes dont really have secret identities and its my understanding that the DC ones do
A lot of people in the League of Assassins, not just Ra's and Talia, but even the foot soldiers seem to know, Hugo Strange, Hush, Joker, The Court of Owls (between the League and the Court, that's over a thousand right there), Batwoman's dad (the leader of the Colonials over in Detective Comics), Earth 3 Owlman, Earth 1 Owlman, the Riddler (still? could have been retconned), Cluemaster (he's dead), Amanda Waller. That's just off the top of my head.

Clayface may or may not know. He found out but was tricked into thinking Bruce isn't Batman. Then again, he's on a team with Batman, Batwoman, Red Robin, Spoiler, and Orphan, and all of them except Batman have been unmasked and/or given their real names in front of Clayface.

Quote:
Jenna Maroney disguised as Avery Jessup: Jack, it's me. I'm home.
Jack Donaghy: No, you're not my wife.
Jenna Maroney disguised as Avery Jessup: How could you say that, darling? I'm Avery Jesbert.

Last edited by WolfCypher; 08-25-2016 at 10:08 AM.
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #963
WolfCypher
Disabled Complexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquespy View Post
Is Joker still many people?
There are still three confirmed Jokers.

Quote:
Jenna Maroney disguised as Avery Jessup: How could you say that, darling? I'm Avery Jesbert.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:57 PM   #964
Panthro
Team Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
Half white half Mexican.
Thank you

Long Live TCM
Old 08-26-2016, 12:36 PM   #965
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Is Secret Origins now Superman's canonical origin?

Old 08-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #966
Sundancer
Cynicist

Did Black Adam say Shazam! in the New 52 regarding his powers?

Sundancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:34 AM   #967
Panthro
Team Language

Are there any trades focusing on Blue Devil/Dan Cassidy?

Long Live TCM
Old 09-01-2016, 09:33 PM   #968
Panthro
Team Language

Can DC Comics produce comics based on Silverhawks since they're gearing up for a Thundercats/He-Man crossover and published some Thundercats comics a while back? I know it's not likely to happen but I was just wondering if they had the option.

Long Live TCM
Old 09-01-2016, 09:55 PM   #969
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

I can't tell you for sure, but Marvel was actually the one to publish the last series in the '80s, I believe. I'm not sure if that means anything, but a lot of Marvel published content like that based on shows and whatnot ended up being published by third parties not (particularly IDW). Not sure where that leaves the license, though.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:20 AM   #970
Panthro
Team Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
I can't tell you for sure, but Marvel was actually the one to publish the last series in the '80s, I believe. I'm not sure if that means anything, but a lot of Marvel published content like that based on shows and whatnot ended up being published by third parties not (particularly IDW). Not sure where that leaves the license, though.
Thank you.

Long Live TCM
Old 09-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #971
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Alright, so the big Superman story recently where he was powerless and was eventually empowered. I forget the name of it. I started it but the amount of crossovers eventually turned me off. But unfortunately I'm a collection nerd and hate that I don't have it being that I loved the Last Rites storyline and it mentions that story as part of the reason why Superman died.

So my question is... is there a streamlined path through that story that can be collected without collecting everything else around it? Between Superman, Action Comics, Batman Superman, and Superman Wonder Woman... it was just too much to keep my interest. Is there a main title or path of titles that tells the main story?

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #972
WolfCypher
Disabled Complexes

What exactly is Nightwing's animal motif? Is he basing his namesake/theme around a bat or an owl? Both are nocturnal (Night) avian (Wing) creatures. Or is he still just any given bird? Does he still use Birdarangs or Batarangs? The possible owl motif fits in nicely (coincidentally) with the Court of Owls obsession with him.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2016, 09:57 AM   #973
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
What exactly is Nightwing's animal motif? Is he basing his namesake/theme around a bat or an owl? Both are nocturnal (Night) avian (Wing) creatures. Or is he still just any given bird? Does he still use Birdarangs or Batarangs? The possible owl motif fits in nicely (coincidentally) with the Court of Owls obsession with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Post-Crisis, there is a different originator of the Nightwing identity. Several hundred years before the birth of Kal-El, there was a Kryptonian man who was cast out from his family and decided to take on crime as the vigilante Nightwing. When Superman tells Dick Grayson of this story, Dick takes the name for himself.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightwing#Superman

Old 09-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #974
Mindreaper21
It's Harvest Time

Are we still getting Batman: Earth One vol.3?

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Mindreaper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:56 PM   #975
Panthro
Team Language

What are the best Rebirth titles so far in terms of narrative/story telling quality?

Long Live TCM