Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Wonder Woman > Wonder Woman 2

Old 01-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #251
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: Wonder Woman 2 General Discussion and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
Gal already started training.
The training really paid off for the first film.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #252
NHawk19
insert witty comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticPenguin View Post
what the frick does that mean?
Probably that they're going for their own "Winter Soldier". Cap started totally black and white in his view of the world. As he spent more time in the current world he learned that's not necessarily the way things work anymore.

Diana will probably not be as totally naive as she's now spent almost 100 years in the world of man. She'll see both our capacity for good, and evil without influence from the Gods. What I still find intriguing from the first film is that the bad guy worked for what we consider to be the good guys. His sole purpose was to stir the pot and influence both sides.

Last edited by NHawk19; 01-08-2018 at 10:57 AM.
NHawk19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:46 PM   #253
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

I'm sure we'll see a growth in Diana as she becomes more familiar with 'man's world' and just how it works. It'll be interesting to see how she reacts.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #254
Aurakles
Side-Kick

My only concern about WW2 is that Geoff Johns is co-writing it. I know he's very popular, but I'm not a fan of his comics and worry about his input. I'm hoping he's just acting as Jenkins typist.

Aurakles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #255
brandeezy89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurakles View Post
My only concern about WW2 is that Geoff Johns is co-writing it. I know he's very popular, but I'm not a fan of his comics and worry about his input. I'm hoping he's just acting as Jenkins typist.
He co-wrote Wonder Woman tho

https://brandonthevigilante.wordpress.com
brandeezy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #256
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandeezy89 View Post
He co-wrote Wonder Woman tho
He's not credited even under story.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #257
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurakles View Post
I'm not generally a fan of Johns' actual writing but I think he's a good ideas/plot man. I'm hoping that he'll contribute to the overall storyline but leave it to others to put 'flesh on the bones'.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:01 PM   #258
Aurakles
Side-Kick

There were quite a few people involved in writing the first film, it's hard to tell exactly who was responsible for what. Although I really enjoy Wonder Woman, it wasn't flawless, there was some quite poor dialogue in places and could have done without Ludendorff huffing miraclo.
I'm not saying that Johns is responsible for that (thought it wouldn't surprise me), I'm just saying that being one of the writers of the first one is no guarantee of quality.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:38 AM   #259
Vlyse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHawk19 View Post
Probably that they're going for their own "Winter Soldier". Cap started totally black and white in his view of the world. As he spent more time in the current world he learned that's not necessarily the way things work anymore.

Diana will probably not be as totally naive as she's now spent almost 100 years in the world of man. She'll see both our capacity for good, and evil without influence from the Gods. What I still find intriguing from the first film is that the bad guy worked for what we consider to be the good guys. His sole purpose was to stir the pot and influence both sides.
Yes, the Ares reveal. It showed flashbacks of him influencing Maru and Ludendorff whispering into their ears but no flashbacks to any Allied leaders. It would have been nice if flashbacks to the latter were included as well to drive home just how grey the morality of both sides were.

--
Also, didn't Allan Heinberg write a lot of the first movie script? I'm nervous he is not returning to be involved in penning the sequel.

Vlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:09 AM   #260
Aurakles
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlyse View Post
Yes, the Ares reveal. It showed flashbacks of him influencing Maru and Ludendorff whispering into their ears but no flashbacks to any Allied leaders. It would have been nice if flashbacks to the latter were included as well to drive home just how grey the morality of both sides were.
Agreed, the film didn't do enough to stop the Germans from just be "the bad guys" like in a WWII film. There were a couple of moments but not enough to really sell it. I think their should have been a scene like the massacre of Veld but from the other side, would also have been a more convinving "not just the Germans who've been corrupted" moment.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:12 AM   #261
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Gal is having a movie theatre in Israel named after her: The Gal Cinema.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp...man-Gadot.html

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #262
Loki882
Side-Kick

The thing is, while WWI was a bit more "grey" than WWII, if you really look at it, the Central Powers DID commit the bulk of the atrocities. The "everyone was equally bad" myth about WWI was just that, a myth.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote