The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #376
terry78
I don't die, fool

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

I think the actor you least expected to come back will get the "and" credit.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #377
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
Why do so many people keep saying Havok and Banshee recast??
The fact the actors from first Class aren't confirmed yet.Thus If Havok and Banshee make the cut It would seem like they are going to be recast.

I'd rather them recast then Introduce new characters.Remember any characters
they Introduce In 1973 they can't use In present day In future films.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #378
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
They don't think the actors look old enough to play older versions of their characters from FC. I disagree since with the right hair, clothes, and make up, making them look older shouldn't be difficult.
Agreed.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #379
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Because of the 11 year gap, so they would look older. And unlike Mystique/Beast, they don't wear prosthetic make-up.

And I think Bingbing will be in the future timeline as well. She's in her early 30s just like Anne, Daniel and Shawn so she could be the one of the X-Men in the future.
Well It's fairly obvious Blink will be a future character.You will just have to accept she's In the film.

With Banshee In particully hard to really buy him as adult.He looks too much like a teenager.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #380
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

I'm beginning to think assuming the Brotherhood are gonna be the threat that needs to be stopped in 1973 might be off...

Looking at the cast I'm thinking maybe the traveller from the future alerts Xavier, who in turn has to get the brotherhood's help avert the threat.

So in 1973 there'd be:
Xavier
Magneto
Beast
Mystique
Maybe this new Stewart guy (Thunderbird perhaps?)
Maybe Emma (yet to be cast?)
Maybe Havok or Banshee or a new X-Men member not cast yet.

And lastly the Traveller (should be Kitty)

And in the future:

Old Xavier
Old magneto
Wolverine
Storm
Colossus
Rogue
Iceman
Bishop
Blink (if that's who she is)

Now the future line up might seem a little heavy but bear in mind they get killed off in quick order so they'd need a bigger starting line up, lol.

Anyways, I'm thinking this might be the case as Singer said he wanted to fix some of the continuity cock-ups from X3 to first class, and Charles and Eric at least being amicable again would be required for the start of X3 to stand (How Charles himself can stand is another matter...)

Old 03-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #381
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
I'm beginning to think assuming the Brotherhood are gonna be the threat that needs to be stopped in 1973 might be off...

Looking at the cast I'm thinking maybe the traveller from the future alerts Xavier, who in turn has to get the brotherhood's help avert the threat.

So in 1973 there'd be:
Xavier
Magneto
Beast
Mystique

And in the future:

Old Xavier
Old magneto
Wolverine
Storm
Colossus
Rogue
Iceman
Bishop

Now the future line up might seem a little heavy but bear in mind they get killed off in quick order so they'd need a bigger starting line up, lol.

Anyways, I'm thinking this might be the case as Singer said he wanted to fix some of the continuity cock-ups from X3 to first class, and Charles and Eric at least being amicable again would be required for the start of X3 to stand (How Charles himself can stand is another matter...)
When did he say this?

Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #382
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
When did he say this?
From an interview with IGN:
Quote:
IGN: One thing that’s interesting about the alternate universe/timeline in Days of Future Past is that it could potentially give you the opportunity to revisit things that happened in the third film in terms of characters and endings that you might like to see changed.

Bryan Singer: You mean, what you’re politely saying is, “fix s**t.” Is that what you’re saying? That’s what I’m hearing. [Laughing]

IGN: [Laughing] Maybe…

Singer: There’s going to be a little of that, a few things I can repair.

IGN: Are fans going to be pleased with these things you will be repairing?

Singer: I think so, I think so, yes.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #383
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Thanks never saw this interview but glad to know he's trying

Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #384
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:

So in 1973 there'd be:
Xavier
Magneto
Beast
Mystique

And in the future:

Old Xavier
Old magneto
Wolverine
Storm
Colossus
Rogue
Iceman
Bishop

It definetly is a possibility, that the x-men have to work with the brotherhood on the 70's, and that could explain the short number of actual x-men, and if Kitty joins them, the roster would be pretty decent.

But personally, Id preffer the plot to be a bit more like the comics, where the brotherhood wants to kill a politician, and thats what leads to the creation of the sentinels and of course to their control of USA 30 years later.

To have the x-men and brotherhood working together would feel a bit like X2 at the same time, so again, I hope its closer to the comic.

we'll see what happens, so, Singer uses to do unexpected things, so who knows?

Old 03-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #385
marvelrobbins
Banned User

And I think your wrong.Look nobody Is saying It will be exactly like the comic
but they are sure to base sme things on core elements.Too may don't take Into
account Lauren Shueller Donnor has been wanting to do film based on DOFP.And
Bryan SInger has talked about doing some of cool moments from comics.

What do I mean by core elemets

Future with Sentinles
Time travel
X-Men of past warned of brotherhood plot that will lead to future with sentinles.
Human Is targeted by Brotherhood
X-Men Vs Brotherhood to save human

Think less of specific scenes from comic and mor using the core Ideas I just mentioned.They may even keep time travel close to comic by using mind switch of xavier's.

It's doudtful we see Sentinles In 1973.You would have to wonder well why weren't they used against mutants In trilogy then?And now the head In danger room In Last stand doesn't count.

The heart of DOFP Is antimutant humans prejudice towards mutants an dhow It back fires on whole world.Plus the Irony of brotherhood doing somehting they thought would make the world fear mutant's power only backfires.

Besides do you really think they will bring In new members of X-Men and Brotherhood and have another group of mutants In film.Besides there Is reason Nixon will be actual character In film.It makes more sense for Peter Dinklage Is involved with devolping the sentinles.He could be trask.Lang or even a new character.People are forgetting Bryan SInger already said he's not a CGI character.

It seems like on this board I am only one who wants a decent adaptian of core elements of DOFP.The rest seem to not care about being based on anything from comic except for Wolverine being killed In future.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #386
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
It definetly is a possibility, that the x-men has to work with the brotherhood on the 70's, and that could explain the short number of actual x-men, and if Kitty joins them, the roster would be pretty decent.

But personally, Id preffer the plot to be a bit more like the comics, where the brotherhood wants to kill a politician, and thats what leads to the creation of the sentinels and of course to their control of USA 30 years later.

To have the x-men and brotherhood working together would feel a bit like X2 at the same time, so again, I hope its closer to the comic.

we'll see what happens, so, Singer uses to do unexpected things, so who knows?
I'm beginning to wonder if it will be more like Age of Apocalypse than Days of Future Past.

First the rumours that Apocalypse is in the story, and then Blink being added - a character from AoA who is nothing to do with DoFP.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #387
Angamb
Banned User

I hope not! Too great and iconic stories to mix them just on one movie.

I really hope if Apocalypse appears, he is just a tease of next event or sequel, as many fans are hoping.

To mix two stories as big as those would be another wrong decision, and Id say even bigger than fixing Phoenix with The Cure

Old 03-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #388
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
And I think your wrong.Look nobody Is saying It will be exactly like the comic
but they are sure to base sme things on core elements.Too may don't take Into
account Lauren Shueller Donnor has been wanting to do film based on DOFP.And
Bryan SInger has talked about doing some of cool moments from comics.

What do I mean by core elemets

Future with Sentinles
Time travel
X-Men of past warned of brotherhood plot that will lead to future with sentinles.
Human Is targeted by Brotherhood
X-Men Vs Brotherhood to save human

Think less of specific scenes from comic and mor using the core Ideas I just mentioned.They may even keep time travel close to comic by using mind switch of xavier's.

It's doudtful we see Sentinles In 1973.You would have to wonder well why weren't they used against mutants In trilogy then?And now the head In danger room In Last stand doesn't count.

The heart of DOFP Is antimutant humans prejudice towards mutants an dhow It back fires on whole world.Plus the Irony of brotherhood doing somehting they thought would make the world fear mutant's power only backfires.

Besides do you really think they will bring In new members of X-Men and Brotherhood and have another group of mutants In film.Besides there Is reason Nixon will be actual character In film.It makes more sense for Peter Dinklage Is involved with devolping the sentinles.He could be trask.Lang or even a new character.People are forgetting Bryan SInger already said he's not a CGI character.

It seems like on this board I am only one who wants a decent adaptian of core elements of DOFP.The rest seem to not care about being based on anything from comic except for Wolverine being killed In future.
Hey, I didn't say I want this, it's just a 'maybe' thought on what Singer might have in mind considering the casting so far and what he said about fixing things. It's speculation and nothing more.

And I hope I'm wrong on this too: The closer they can keep it to the books the better, imo, but setting the 'present' back to 1973 is already a departure from that, it rules out the Kitty mind swap deal, so I'm open to any ideas as to how this will all work out.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #389
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I hope not! Too great and iconic stories to mix them just on one movie.

I really hope if Apocalypse appears, he is just a tease of next event or sequel, as many fans are hoping.

To mix two stories as big as those would be another wrong decision, and Id say even bigger than fixing Phoenix with The Cure
The movie is said to be about Magneto's and Xavier's choices and destinies, and that isn't a part of the DoFP comic. But it is part of AoA, which arises after Xavier dies in the past. It's a bit similar to the animated story One Man's Worth.

Just a wild thought on my part. We already know from Singer the film is taking 'elements of DoFP but also some new things'. So it won't be just following the comics version. The films never have anyway.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #390
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
He was sent to a different world line.
He was rescued by Apocalypse...he's one of his Horsemen.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #391
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Is Blink confirmed then? I'm not particularly a fan of any version of her in the comics, but the movies are an entirely new ballgame.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #392
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The movie is said to be about Magneto's and Xavier's choices and destinies, and that isn't a part of the DoFP comic. But it is part of AoA, which arises after Xavier dies in the past. It's a bit similar to the animated story One Man's Worth.

Just a wild thought on my part. We already know from Singer the film is taking 'elements of DoFP but also some new things'. So it won't be just following the comics version. The films never have anyway.
I've been saying for a while that i think this movie will be an amalgamation of DoFP, One Man's Worth, and AoA. Making Xavier the target makes for the tightest story and is the best way to bring the casts together imo...

Old 03-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #393
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Look we know changes were made since It was present day In comic and here It's 1973.
The future was future version of present day characters here we have only 2 characters In
both timelines(as far as we know)

Now If It Is magneto responable for the event In 1973 and Xavier who time travels through
mind switch that would fit SInger's comments.

People are making way too much of Apocalypse comment.He at one pointed hinted at nightcrawler more than STorm yet STorm Is confirmed and Nightcrawler Isn't.

There Is reason Nixon Is actully character and not just on newsreels.Plus some convently
forget the Peter Dinklage Isn't playing CGI character.

There will be some things In this film based on core elements from Comic storyline.While others will be new.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #394
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
I don't know how will I react if that happens!

X-Men Begin (2022) • X-Men Here We Go Again (2024) • Avengers v X-Men (2025)

X-Men Revolution (2026) • X-Men Legacy (2028) • Uncanny Avengers (2028) • X-Men Order of the Phoenix (2030)
Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #395
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post

you definetly has some points.

I just hope you're wrong lol

I think the relationship of old Charles and Erik could be added easily to the story of Days of future past of the comic. All it would need is just a few scenes between them on the future scenes, and thats it.

But to include Age of Apocalypse plots and characters would be too much, like seriously. Too huge of a saga to fix it with DOFP. Its a huge wrong mistake, when Fox could do Two or even Three epic movies using the two stories, but separately.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #396
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Like I said before... if they combine DoFP with AoA it could end up looking like the Dark Phoenix Saga combined with the Cure storyline.

At least DoFP and AoA have common themes of alternate futures and such.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #397
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Hopefully this movie will just focus on DOFP and at the end, they could tease that AoA is going to be the story of the next X-Men movie.

X-Men Begin (2022) • X-Men Here We Go Again (2024) • Avengers v X-Men (2025)

X-Men Revolution (2026) • X-Men Legacy (2028) • Uncanny Avengers (2028) • X-Men Order of the Phoenix (2030)
Old 03-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #398
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
I've been saying for a while that i think this movie will be an amalgamation of DoFP, One Man's Worth, and AoA. Making Xavier the target makes for the tightest story and is the best way to bring the casts together imo...
I don't think AoA will be in here. At least not Apocalypse himself. They should save that for another movie. Build up to it ykno. But maybe just maybe, have him be the super mastermind behind everything. Arg we're all setting ourselves up for so much aren't we? I hope there are real surprises here.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #399
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Let's see here.There are still 4 slots open here.

with Colossus we now have 8 characters from trilogy.I think we can safely say that only 4 first Class actors will be back.Now out of remaining slots still a possibilty for recasted Banshee and Havok.

To have asian actress as Psylocke means some reconning since she was listed as psylocke In credits for Last Stand.And with both Kitty and Rogue I doudt Jubilee will be In film.Thunderbird Is a good suggestion for the other actor.

The list of photos Is Intresting.Jennifer Lawrence may get second billing.Also Notice Patrick Stewert and Ian Mckellen photos are up after Hugh,Jennifer,James Mcavoy,and Michael Fassbender.It will be Intresting to see who get placed between Peter Dinklage and Halle Berry.Also notice Ellen Page Is pictured before Anna Paquin.That again makes me curious how the screentime between Rogue and Kitty are balanced.

Also intresting to see Patrick and Ian's pictures before Nicholas Hoult and Dinklage.

Don't forget we know one of remaining roles will be Nixon.So we know we have nixon and at least 3 other characters to be casted.
Billing perhaps, but unlikely.

But I seriously doubt the photo placement has anything to do with screen time. If that's the case this movie is already in trouble as Mystique should never get more screen time than core X-Men characters in this particular storylines.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #400
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Ummm...am I the only one who noticed something in Halle Berry's photo? Can't hide those things.
What did you notice?

Closed Thread