The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #201
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man
 
TheVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phasing Through You!
Posts: 6,690
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!

You wanna ruin everrrrrythiiing

__________________
"You need somebody to tell you that the world makes sense and that the good guys can win. That's what these heroes are for."- Frank Miller
---------
On Twitter @furiouscinema
TheVision is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #202
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Comfortably between Loki,WinterSoldier & Daredevil
Posts: 5,272
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
who cares?!?!?!??
Hey, I didn't say that it ruined the picture for me or anything, I still think it's awesome artwork of him and the poster as a whole is going to be the background of something that I own (haven't decided which yet, either laptop, ipad or work computer, or maybe all 3). I was just curious if others were seeing the same thing I was

__________________
Hill: Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god.
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #203
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick
 
Ghostcrow13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,415
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Hey, I didn't say that it ruined the picture for me or anything, I still think it's awesome artwork of him and the poster as a whole is going to be the background of something that I own (haven't decided which yet, either laptop, ipad or work computer, or maybe all 3). I was just curious if others were seeing the same thing I was
Yeah you're not allowed to say anything bad about the poster, even if it is a joke.

Ghostcrow13 is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #204
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Yeah you're not allowed to say anything bad about the poster, even if it is a joke.
Give up the snobbery man. Learn to have fun with this stuff they're releasing. You don't need to microscopically analyze every freakin' detail.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #205
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man
 
TheVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phasing Through You!
Posts: 6,690
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Learn to let go, dont get so attached to tings. Min, Picture is fine.

__________________
"You need somebody to tell you that the world makes sense and that the good guys can win. That's what these heroes are for."- Frank Miller
---------
On Twitter @furiouscinema
TheVision is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #206
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Comfortably between Loki,WinterSoldier & Daredevil
Posts: 5,272
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Sheesh...again, I was just pointing it out because as I was basking in the wonderfulness that is Thor, I thought something looked a little odd and was simply CURIOUS if anyone else had noticed. I mean, this is a message board right, where we can come and discuss things (in this case, particularly Thor as he pertains to Age of Ultron)? At least one other person noticed as well and that's all I wanted to know. My question was answered and now I'm back to enjoying the artwork and all the new tidbits that we're getting.

Some of you need to chill out a bit when others ask perfectly innocent questions and not assume the worst of those of us asking the questions

__________________
Hill: Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god.
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline  
Old 07-26-2014, 10:48 PM   #207
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Sheesh...again, I was just pointing it out because as I was basking in the wonderfulness that is Thor, I thought something looked a little odd and was simply CURIOUS if anyone else had noticed. I mean, this is a message board right, where we can come and discuss things (in this case, particularly Thor as he pertains to Age of Ultron)? At least one other person noticed as well and that's all I wanted to know. My question was answered and now I'm back to enjoying the artwork and all the new tidbits that we're getting.

Some of you need to chill out a bit when others ask perfectly innocent questions and not assume the worst of those of us asking the questions
It's not innocent though. You were critiquing some of the most innocuous stuff ever ..... it happens a lot on these forums. I just can never understand why people can't look at it and go "Ohhhh cool". It's always gotta be "Well the scale of his arm is off here, the shading isn't quite right there" like we're judging art at an exhibit or something.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 07-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #208
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,989
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

On another note, it seems like Whedon prefers Thor's look when he doesn't have armor covering his biceps/arms since we've seen more pictures of him sleeveless.

Really, my only concern for the character is that he won't have much of an character arc when compared to everyone else due to Loki not being in this film.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 07-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #209
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
On another note, it seems like Whedon prefers Thor's look when he doesn't have armor covering his biceps/arms since we've seen more pictures of him sleeveless.

Really, my only concern for the character is that he won't have much of an character arc when compared to everyone else due to Loki not being in this film.
The arc for everyone has to do with Utron's existence and creation. I expect Whedon makes up for not having enough Thor moments in the first film.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 07-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #210
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Comfortably between Loki,WinterSoldier & Daredevil
Posts: 5,272
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
It's not innocent though. You were critiquing some of the most innocuous stuff ever ..... it happens a lot on these forums. I just can never understand why people can't look at it and go "Ohhhh cool". It's always gotta be "Well the scale of his arm is off here, the shading isn't quite right there" like we're judging art at an exhibit or something.
I do agree that there are some that nitpick the smallest details and get way too worked up over things that they perceive (personally the fine tooth comb with which some were going over Hawkeye's poster and how he's positioned, the look on his face, etc... all means he's going to die, had me rolling my eyes a bit). Regarding this though, I WASNT getting worked up over it, I was just wondering if my eyes were playing tricks on me or not. What's getting me "worked up" now is feeling I have to defend myself against people that are making false assumptions about me and my intentions in asking a simple question.

Whatever. I'm out of this for now. Think what you want about me, I'll go back to enjoying and loving the artwork

__________________
Hill: Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god.
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 07-27-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Silvermoon is offline  
Old 07-27-2014, 07:16 AM   #211
EternalMaster
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 483
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I do agree that there are some that nitpick the smallest details and get way too worked up over things that they perceive (personally the fine tooth comb with which some were going over Hawkeye's poster and how he's positioned, the look on his face, etc... all means he's going to die, had me rolling my eyes a bit). Regarding this though, I WASNT getting worked up over it, I was just wondering if my eyes were playing tricks on me or not. What's getting me "worked up" now is feeling I have to defend myself against people that are making false assumptions about me and my intentions in asking a simple question.

Whatever. I'm out of this for now. Think what you want about me, I'll go back to enjoying and loving the artwork
You were doing nothing wrong and just making a fair observation. The Avengers' posters all look awesome, but yes... Thor's right arm looks weird because the artist made an error.

If you had said, "That ruins EVERYTHING! UGGGGG," then people might have a point about you complaining about "innocuous" details. But you instead made a fair point in a normal fashion, showing that other are over-reacting to you.

EternalMaster is offline  
Old 07-27-2014, 07:26 AM   #212
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man
 
TheVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phasing Through You!
Posts: 6,690
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

I bet ULTRON has a special love of THOR. He will be messed with harshly. Mjolnir? Lightning? Bah! This wont be Chitauri silly putty soldiers flying around shooting douche lasers.

__________________
"You need somebody to tell you that the world makes sense and that the good guys can win. That's what these heroes are for."- Frank Miller
---------
On Twitter @furiouscinema
TheVision is offline  
Old 07-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #213
eddy
Make Mine Marvel
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Avengers Tower
Posts: 2,172
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Did you guys see the pictures of Hemsworth flexing his arm last night?



I think the artist was just recreating godliness

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is online now  
Old 07-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #214
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,991
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Great poster of Thor. Guardians is close but I still can't wait for Age of Ultron right now.

Mjölnir is offline  
Old 07-27-2014, 04:23 PM   #215
Darkness Falls
We Could Be Heroes.....
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 13,332
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

gonna geek out so much if Hemsworth says the "We would have words with thee" Line

__________________
"I beg of you my son, please choose happiness. Unless you feel a calling — a true calling." – Thomas Wayne
Darkness Falls is offline  
Old 07-27-2014, 04:28 PM   #216
Lady Marion
It's all in the swing
 
Lady Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Posts: 2,493
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Did you guys see the pictures of Hemsworth flexing his arm last night?



I think the artist was just recreating godliness
Yes, his arms are just impressive.


__________________
MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE: PHASE II


IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY


AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline  
Old 07-28-2014, 06:41 AM   #217
fixxxer
...goes to 11
 
fixxxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 1,932
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

What the hell is wrong with some of you? Silvermoon is one of the best posters here and always has something insightful to add to most discussions she's a part of. Run her off for absolutely no reason and you'll be doing this community a disservice.

An innocuous post about how an arm may or may not have the correct Photoshop effects gets met with: "KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!! You wanna ruin everrrrrythiiing"???? That's just obnoxious.

fixxxer is offline  
Old 07-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #218
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man
 
TheVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phasing Through You!
Posts: 6,690
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

^^ I was just kidding about that btw. I apologize if it was seen as a rude comment Silvermoon! Come back Silvermoon!

People DO get overly picky about this stuff though. Thats just the truth.

__________________
"You need somebody to tell you that the world makes sense and that the good guys can win. That's what these heroes are for."- Frank Miller
---------
On Twitter @furiouscinema
TheVision is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 12:37 AM   #219
slumcat
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,912
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
Yes, his arms are just impressive.

Damn! Its like Hemsworth took all those "his biceps are not that big" comments to heart and took it upon himself to set the record straight at Comic Con.


slumcat is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 01:05 AM   #220
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,559
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Can anyone explain where the Jane foster break-up thing came from?

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 01:27 AM   #221
RickCoronel
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 144
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Damn! Its like Hemsworth took all those "his biceps are not that big" comments to heart and took it upon himself to set the record straight at Comic Con.


That's a pretty funny and expected reaction.

RickCoronel is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 06:19 AM   #222
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man
 
TheVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phasing Through You!
Posts: 6,690
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Mark: Im just a little guy!

__________________
"You need somebody to tell you that the world makes sense and that the good guys can win. That's what these heroes are for."- Frank Miller
---------
On Twitter @furiouscinema
TheVision is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 06:39 AM   #223
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13,928
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Can anyone explain where the Jane foster break-up thing came from?
El Mayimbe.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It has something resembling a head and eyes, but a face?
TeeKay is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #224
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 8,293
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
gonna geek out so much if Hemsworth says the "We would have words with thee" Line
It'll probably be a little different...

"Ultron, we would have words"

"Ultron, We would have words with you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
El Mayimbe.
I hope it's true. Thor's arc currently relies too much on Jane, and to be honest, I hate her character

__________________
Don't forget to vote for the ABOMINATION Vs SCARLET WITCH fight http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=542133

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 07-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #225
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
It'll probably be a little different...

"Ultron, we would have words"

"Ultron, We would have words with you"



I hope it's true. Thor's arc currently relies too much on Jane, and to be honest, I hate her character
Amen

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants
Loki: i have an armyTony Stark: we have a hulk!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Smashlilman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.