The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Old 08-01-2014, 08:40 PM   #26
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Default Re: Celestials?

TheVileOne got the right celestial. you too bubbadoom.

it was ESON the Searcher
same eyes and he had this staff as well

Old 08-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #27
Nokio
Side-Kick

Ah man why did i read on. Ive been trying to stay away from learning about this film but never in a million years did i think that a celestial would be in the movie, even if only brief. Damn you Marvel. Can't wait to see it tomorrow.

Nokio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #28
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0oT View Post
Also keep in mind that Marvel Studios actively tried to bargain with FOX to acquire Galactus and Silver Surfer at the cost of the Daredevil rights, presumably to include them in the GotG movie.
FOX is pure crap. They are never ever going to use those characters properly but will horde them. You have to realize that if Marvel was trying to bargain for the rites of the Surfer and Galactus from FOX at the expense of DD then they know that these characters must be important somehow even if they can't see it but they are taking into account Marvel's success and refuse to let them go.

FOX don't realize that SS and Galactus fit into the cosmic puzzle of characters that Marvel has and they just can't make a movie on them without drasticly changing the characters. FOX would have to make up new charcters for a movie sense I'm sure that Marvel has the rites to the all the other cosmic characters.

They may try and do something if GOTG is successful. They don't want to be first but will be 2nd and end screwing up Galactus and the Silver surfer terriably, worst then then FF2. I don't see them even making a surfer film. I mean who would be the villian? I guess they'll make up some threat. I hate FOX.

Last edited by Nokio; 08-01-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #29
seahammer
Asgardian

Eson the Searcher, huh? Good spot, guys! I can't wait to see it again so I can be prepared and fully appreciate the scene.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch or how I would use Beta Ray Bill in the MCU

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch or my Son of Asgard flashback style Netflix pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #30
BigThor
God of Thunder

I literally almost cried when I saw Eson The Searcher, I never thought I'd see a spot on Celestial on film.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543581

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #31
50yroldfffan
Side-Kick

It blew me away when I saw the Celestrial! To see a pure Jack Kirby creation brought to life like that was wonderful. I gave out a yell in the theater but most people had no idea why I yelled. lol

50yroldfffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #32
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

yeah i said holy s**t out loud, i guess people thought i was refering to what was going on rather than the celestial itself. it was so awesome. when i think of how they would sound i think of the noise from war of the worlds.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #33
50yroldfffan
Side-Kick

Saw the movie again last night but this time in 3D. The Celestial scene was amazing in 3D

50yroldfffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #34
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Really awesome to see celestials. Hope fox has rights to use em to for apocalypse =)

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #35
RickCoronel
Side-Kick

Nope, Celestials are only at Marvel.

RickCoronel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #36
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
Really awesome to see celestials. Hope fox has rights to use em to for apocalypse =)
Marvel better not let them use them at all, considering FOX refused to give up the SS and Galactus when Marvel tried to make a deal for the rites to them. Screw FOX. They do not in anyway shape or form have any type of rites to use the Celestials. I'm pissed cause their is no way that FOX is going to use SS and Galactus ever again. Marvel proved that a Galactus type being can translate to film by showing that Celestial.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:46 PM   #37
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50yroldfffan View Post
It blew me away when I saw the Celestrial! To see a pure Jack Kirby creation brought to life like that was wonderful. I gave out a yell in the theater but most people had no idea why I yelled. lol
I agree. I was amazed by the scene despite it being brief. I just never thought we'd ever ever ever get something like a Celestial on film. That means it's hope for the other Cosmic entities like Eternity or the Living Tribunal as example.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:19 AM   #38
UltraSuperGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio View Post
Marvel better not let them use them at all, considering FOX refused to give up the SS and Galactus when Marvel tried to make a deal for the rites to them. Screw FOX. They do not in anyway shape or form have any type of rites to use the Celestials. I'm pissed cause their is no way that FOX is going to use SS and Galactus ever again. Marvel proved that a Galactus type being can translate to film by showing that Celestial.
One day, perhaps many years from now when Marvel gets the FF rights back, we will see Galactus on film. And it will be the coolest thing ever.

UltraSuperGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #39
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

The Celestials terrify me. I hope we see more in the future.

Mad Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:50 AM   #40
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

there were 2 celestials in the infinity gauntlet story, so we might see some later. we could see some of these people

Old 08-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #41
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: Celestials!

BAD:
Who Is Star-Lord’s Father?
The GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY movie may be taking a very different path than the comics.

The Badass Interview:
James Gunn On GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
The writer/director of Marvel's most unique movie talks DIRTY DOZEN, Celestials and why he loves Chris Pratt.

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote