The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 12-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #401
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
How? When exactly does the Avengers take place?
May 1st - 6th, 2012

http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/en...8-11_00:19:04!

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #402
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man: Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Okay, so even if the Avengers takes place after TASM, doesn't mean they can't take place in the same universe.

And how do we know the dates on that timeline is correct? The order of events seem fine, but where do they get May 6th from?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #403
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Going by the dates of the movies themselves, starting from Iron Man 2, it definitely adds up with TA being in 2012.

There would be so much construction going on besides a few cranes, and plus, while TAS-M may be in your "unofficial" continuity with the MCU, we don't see an OsCorp Tower in Avengers nor a Stark Tower in TAS-M.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #404
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Going by the dates of the movies themselves, starting from Iron Man 2, it definitely adds up with TA being in 2012.

There would be so much construction going on besides a few cranes, and plus, while TAS-M may be in your "unofficial" continuity with the MCU, we don't see an OsCorp Tower in Avengers nor a Stark Tower in TAS-M.
We don't know that the movies actually take place when they were released. And with Stark's technology, they could clean up the city in a very short time. The construction cranes could have been for something else. Construction is ALWAYS going on in New York City.

As far as Oscorp tower goes, there have been plenty of times when the geography of a setting completely changes in a film series, and it wouldn't be that big of a deal anyway. They would just add it in at a later time. It would only be a small continuity error.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #405
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
We don't know that the movies actually take place when they were released. And with Stark's technology, they could clean up the city in a very short time. The construction cranes could have been for something else. Construction is ALWAYS going on in New York City.

As far as Oscorp tower goes, there have been plenty of times when the geography of a setting completely changes in a film series, and it wouldn't be that big of a deal anyway. They would just add it in at a later time. It would only be a small continuity error.
We know Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk don't take place the years they are released, but they do with IM 2, Thor, Captain America and Avengers.

This thread is just one huge fanfic when it's not true. Simply put.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #406
Picard Sisko

Quote:
We know Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk don't take place the years they are released, but they do with IM 2, Thor, Captain America and Avengers.

This thread is just one huge fanfic when it's not true. Simply put.
Well, there is a reason why we said TASM is UNOFFICIALLY part of the MCU. Let us have our fun.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #407
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:

If this Spider-Man is gonna join Avengers, I don't think that people are gonna care about that detail. Some ultimate geeks may, but I and my comic book loving friends will take it with a grain of salt

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #408
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
If this Spider-Man is gonna join Avengers, I don't think that people are gonna care about that detail. Some ultimate geeks may, but I and my comic book loving friends will take it with a grain of salt
Yeah exactly. In fact, if TASM does become part of the MCU, the whole story about his parents and such probably wouldn't be mentioned. Maybe Spider-Man could reference something from his movies, but I think his stories could still be left for his own films.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #409
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:

That's kinda irrelevant, since Oscorp Tower disappears from the skyline in TASM a lot. They probably didn't put much thought into it, which hopefully they will, come 2014.

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #410
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Once again, they also lent out Kingpin to 20th Century Fox for the Daredevil movie.
Actually, they didn't. Kingpin is attached to Daredevil and Daredevil was owned by Fox until October this year when the rights went back to Disney/Marvel. That's the same reason why Kingpin didn't appear in The Spectacular Spider-Man either. He was originally going to be the Big Man but Fox didn't let Sony use him.

Quote:
In the world of comics and comic book adaptations, battle damage of that size is repaired in just a couple of weeks. That is just something we'll have to suspend disbelief on and accept because it's a comic book/comic book movie.

As for the Oscorp and Stark Towers, those are such small trivial things that they barely even count, if they count at all. Like someone else said, the tower dissapears from the NY Skyline several times throughout TASM. It's no big deal and it's a standard movie contrivance which all films have to an extent. Honestly, all continuities in all mediums in general have small trivial things like those that are ignored/contradicted. Some of the MCU films have had them too but they're still canon in the MCU.

Also, if they managed to make Rhodey and Bruce Banner "look different" out of a sudden in an already established MCU without any complaints from people, something like a tower missing in the skyline wouldn't be a big deal.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #411
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I'm going to assume that they don't take place in the same universe and leave it at that...

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #412
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
I'm going to assume that they don't take place in the same universe and leave it at that...
As of now, that is the case.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #413
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Actually, they didn't. Kingpin is attached to Daredevil and Daredevil was owned by Fox until October this year when the rights went back to Disney/Marvel. That's the same reason why Kingpin didn't appear in The Spectacular Spider-Man either. He was originally going to be the Big Man but Fox didn't let Sony use him.
http://www.superherohype.com/feature...ing-spider-man

Quote:
SHH: Does Sony have the rights to Kingpin? That was a great Spider-Man villain until Frank Miller took him for his run on Daredevil and he became known more as a Daredevil villain, appearing in that movie.
Arad: Believe it or not, Kingpin was on loan to Daredevil, so again, anything that is part of the Spider-Man Universe or introduced in the Spider-Man Universe--without getting too legal beagle here--is an opportunity, and if we have a story that Kingpin is important, I'm sure we can handle that.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #414
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
In the world of comics and comic book adaptations, battle damage of that size is repaired in just a couple of weeks. That is just something we'll have to suspend disbelief on and accept because it's a comic book/comic book movie.
When has this been the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
And that's the best way to think as well.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #415
Picard Sisko

With SHIELD and Iron Man's technology, they can clean up a lot within a short period of time.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #416
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Although Shikamaru made it seem like we've seen this happen with CBMs. If we're only assuming S.H.I.E.L.D. and Stark's technology cleaned up the mess after Avengers, then that's all it is, just assuming the damage has been cleaned up.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #417
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Although Shikamaru made it seem like we've seen this happen with CBMs. If we're only assuming S.H.I.E.L.D. and Stark's technology cleaned up the mess after Avengers, then that's all it is, just assuming the damage has been cleaned up.
And what's wrong with assuming that? There's a lot of things in movies that isn't shown to the audience, but can just be assumed.

Why wouldn't Stark and SHIELD clean up the city when they have the power to do so?

Old 12-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #418
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Seeing as how we really don't see damage being fixed that quickly with many CBMs, it's rather difficult to assume it now, don't you think?

And especially May from October. The tragic of 9/11 took nine months to clean up all of that debris as it was only considered officially finished on May 30, 2002 when a ceremony was held at the site. That's nine months.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #419
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Seeing as how we really don't see damage being fixed that quickly with many CBMs, it's rather difficult to assume it now, don't you think?

And especially May from October. The tragic of 9/11 took nine months to clean up all of that debris as it was only considered officially finished on May 30, 2002 when a ceremony was held at the site. That's nine months.
How many comic book movies have organizations like SHIELD, or very advanced technology created by Tony Stark Industries? Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, etc, don't have the same capabilities as these organizations seen in the MCU.

And why are you comparing the 9/11 attacks to what happened in the Avengers? Its not like we live in a world with super heroes who can take care of such a mess. Human beings cleaned it up, and did their duty. That's why it took nine months.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #420
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
How many comic book movies have organizations like SHIELD, or very advanced technology created by Tony Stark Industries? Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, etc, don't have the same capabilities as these organizations seen in the MCU.

And why are you comparing the 9/11 attacks to what happened in the Avengers? Its not like we live in a world with super heroes who can take care of such a mess. Human beings cleaned it up, and did their duty. That's why it took nine months.
Even with such an organization as S.H.I.E.L.D. they ARE humans as to what you made mentioned with the 9/11 debris being cleaned up. Needless to say, Thor left and there is only Steve Rogers and Tony Stark around(who knows what Bruce Banner ended up doing).

Old 12-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #421
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Even with such an organization as S.H.I.E.L.D. they ARE humans as to what you made mentioned with the 9/11 debris being cleaned up. Needless to say, Thor left and there is only Steve Rogers and Tony Stark around(who knows what Bruce Banner ended up doing).
SHIELD is a human organization with super advanced technology that couldn't even exist today. They are capable of so much more than the Fire department, and those who helped clean up after 9/11. Can't believe you are even comparing this to 9/11...

And whose to say that other super heroes don't exist in the MCU already? We have only seen Hulk, Thor, Cap, and Iron man.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #422
Anno_Domini
Banned User

As much as I am assuming too much on dialogue in a film, I suspect people are assuming too much on how fast debris can be cleaned up, but I'm bored with the topic now. To each their own

Old 12-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #423
Picard Sisko

Yes, I agree. Moving on.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #424
Nathan

Just one final picture before we move on.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #425
Anno_Domini
Banned User

The Wrecking Crew?