The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Old 06-27-2018, 01:24 PM   #76
Kuwolski
g r u n t - m a n

Default Re: Lucasfilm: The Kennedy Era

Being outraged is one thing, taking it to the extremes that some do and being obnoxious trolls is something else entirely. Whatever, nothing new just extremely old.

Of course LF deserves a lot of blame, but that truth cuts both ways.

Kuwolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #77
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Sometimes I sort of just want no Star Wars again. Shut everyone up.

Maybe it's invalid. But when I was in school, when children weren't playing nice, recess was cut short or all parties go to timeout. It didn't matter who started it or who was more at fault. Everyone was punished.

Just seems the best course of action now

On one hand I understand the complaints. On the other, I think it gets taken to ridiculous extremes. Harassing actors or even filmmakers is not OK.

On the other hand, I think there's this odd sense of entitlement for all these groups of fans that puts me off right now.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:58 AM   #78
writer0327
Side-Kick

George Lucas was going to take his ball and go home because of fan outrage. Fans rejoiced when Disney bought the company and promised to churn out massive amounts of Star Wars films and shows, but now they are doing the same thing they did to Lucas, and then some. Eventually filmmakers and actors are going to just stay away from the franchise altogether because who wants to mess with this kind of BS?

1. Avengers: Infinity War - 2. Mortal Engines - 3. Ant-Man and the Wasp - 4. Black Panther - 5. Solo
6. Incredibles 2 - 7. Aquaman - 8. Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald - 9. Ready Player One - 10. Rampage
writer0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:10 AM   #79
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer0327 View Post
George Lucas was going to take his ball and go home because of fan outrage. Fans rejoiced when Disney bought the company and promised to churn out massive amounts of Star Wars films and shows, but now they are doing the same thing they did to Lucas, and then some. Eventually filmmakers and actors are going to just stay away from the franchise altogether because who wants to mess with this kind of BS?

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #80
Brother Jack
Believer

Quote:
A lot did, but some didn't. The current backlash started as soon as Disney bought Lucasfilm. There were talks about Star Wars getting "Disneyfied" right out of the gate. It's gotten much worse since then, but it didn't start with TLJ and, realistically, it probably won't be going away any time soon.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:13 PM   #81
Kuwolski
g r u n t - m a n

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much. Like TheVileOne said I'd be satisfied it if they shut it down after the next installment, just have a simple press release stating that "Star Wars is being shut down indefinitely" (with the likelihood of bringing it back in 5 years). I'd love to see how some of the fans react and choose to spend their "valuable" time. Maybe they would start inflicting punishment on themselves? I'd LOVE a live stream of that.

Last edited by Kuwolski; 06-28-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Kuwolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:33 AM   #82
Last Skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
A lot are already staying away due to the mismanagement of Lucasfilm. Right now its Murderers Row over there. Edwards, Lord/Miller, Trevorrow. Who wants to mess with the kind of BS currently at the helm?

That part has nothing at all to do with the fans and is inside baseball over there.

For funsies and pain, I tried watching TLJ on Netflix tonight(plus I wanted to see how it looked in 4K and HDR now that I've got that) and gd that's painful. I made it to Holdo showing up and acting nonsensically before I finally had enough and just had to turn it off. Just absolute garbage writing and I like Laura Dern, but they did her no favors with that character.

That movie is going to age so poorly. Particularly as the damage it caused continues to pile up. If you ever wondered how a billion-dollar golden goose IP gets destroyed, this IP is going to be the case study that everyone references. How can they have screwed up the lead-in from TFA and Rogue One *this* badly?

Last Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:24 AM   #83
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

More changes happening that have created delays for another project.

Variety - ‘Indiana Jones 5’ Will Miss 2020 Release Date (EXCLUSIVE)

Quote:
The fifth film in the adventure series will miss its original release date, Variety has learned. Filming was supposed to begin in April of 2019 in the United Kingdom, but sources close to the production say that shooting will no longer start next spring and will have to be pushed back by months, if not a year. Potential crew members have already been informed of the delay.

Part of the issue is that the key members of the creative team have yet to sign off on a finished script. Collider reported on Thursday that Jonathan Kasdan, son of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” scribe Lawrence Kasdan, has been enlisted to deliver a new draft. A deal has yet to close to bring the writer on board, but it looks as though he will soon join the project.
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/i...rd-1202861005/

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:10 AM   #84
batman1
Side-Kick

So what's next?

batman1 is offline   Reply With Quote