4 0 0%
3 1 1.92%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #726
MrMaooz
Banned User

Default Re: The Wolf of Wall Street (Scorsese + Di Caprio)

Romeo + Juliet is so bad. I bet that movie is only good if you're tripping balls.

MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #727
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

I have never tripped in my life, but I like it. I love it earnest insanity. Also, I love Claire Danes.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #728
The Endless
WE are Groot

It's awesome whilst sober and on mind altering substances. The opening scene at the petrol station is just... hilariously insane.

A film that has guns called "longsword" and "dagger 9mm" deserves love.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #729
thejon93
Forever Haunted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I have never tripped in my life, but I like it. I love it earnest insanity. Also, I love Claire Danes.
She's gorgeous in the film. But not as gorgeous as Margot Robbie in The Wolf of Wall Street.

How did DiCaprio not win the Oscar for this movie though?! Seriously. As much as I liked Dallas Buyers Club, it's not a film I'm going to bother seeking out ten years from now. The Wolf of Wall Street, however, is the film of 2013 that I would happily seek and watch over-and-over again. DiCaprio is brilliant and Jonah Hill literally transformed himself, I didn't recognize him half the time with those shiny white teeth that were always sticking out. Such a classic film, might just be my favourite Scorsese film. I haven't been this enthusiastic about a film in what feels like years, The Wolf of Wall Street reignited my love of cinema.

thejon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #730
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Romeo + Juliet is so bad. I bet that movie is only good if you're tripping balls.
I liked it too for what it was trying to do. The acting is mostly terrible from some of the supporting cast ( John L was great though) but Paul Rudd's funny facial expressions are priceless.

I like that Baz picked Mexico City as it's location. A city that's densely populated but completely unfamiliar to the American crowd. That way, it would've been 'anywhere', and creates a more..surreal world.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:27 AM   #731
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejon93 View Post
She's gorgeous in the film. But not as gorgeous as Margot Robbie in The Wolf of Wall Street.

How did DiCaprio not win the Oscar for this movie though?! Seriously. As much as I liked Dallas Buyers Club, it's not a film I'm going to bother seeking out ten years from now. The Wolf of Wall Street, however, is the film of 2013 that I would happily seek and watch over-and-over again. DiCaprio is brilliant and Jonah Hill literally transformed himself, I didn't recognize him half the time with those shiny white teeth that were always sticking out. Such a classic film, might just be my favourite Scorsese film. I haven't been this enthusiastic about a film in what feels like years, The Wolf of Wall Street reignited my love of cinema.
I would have given the Oscar to DiCaprio as well. But, that being said, Dallas Buyers Club is an excellent movie, and McCoughnahey was excellent in it. I'm not going to hate on him getting the Oscar. Both he and Jared Leto were brilliant. I don't think this is my favorite Scorsese picture, but I will agree, it is one of the best he has made in years. That does say something because he has made some strong films fairly recently (The Departed and Hugo come to mind).

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:01 AM   #732
thejon93
Forever Haunted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I would have given the Oscar to DiCaprio as well. But, that being said, Dallas Buyers Club is an excellent movie, and McCoughnahey was excellent in it. I'm not going to hate on him getting the Oscar. Both he and Jared Leto were brilliant. I don't think this is my favorite Scorsese picture, but I will agree, it is one of the best he has made in years. That does say something because he has made some strong films fairly recently (The Departed and Hugo come to mind).
In my opinion, it wasn't an excellent film at all. It was a good film that I probably wouldn't watch again, unless on TV or something. Though I thought McConaughey was brilliant, I thought he was so much better in True Detective and that's where the majority of his awards attention should have been. That show is unbelievably great.

thejon93 is offline   Reply With Quote