The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #226
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Seems the bad reviews doomed it.

I don't get why they couldn't have waited. For either spring 2018 or summer 2018 or Fall 2018. No need to rush a big budget tv series. or did IMAX have certain guidelines they had to meet?
IMAX's guidelines is that it had to be out by Labor Day Weekend. The only question that's never been addressed is whether it could have been next year's Labor Day Weekend.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:40 PM   #227
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
IMAX's guidelines is that it had to be out by Labor Day Weekend. The only question that's never been addressed is whether it could have been next year's Labor Day Weekend.
Great question. is there anything that explains why they deemed Labor Day weekend to be the release?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:06 AM   #228
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Great question. is there anything that explains why they deemed Labor Day weekend to be the release?
They probably had a gap in their schedule that weekend. It's also in that sweet spot after the summer movie season before the fall movie season gets underway.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:38 AM   #229
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because it was a terrible time for movies - particularly for IMAX movies. The most popular movie that week made 10 million dollars. If you go by per-screen revenue, Inhumans actually made the most of everything (that's how terrible it was). It's only the unexpected hit of It that saved the following week.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:39 PM   #230
Pennywise
Side-Kick

I forgot that this was coming on TV in nine days! Not sure if I should watch it based on the stuff I've heard.

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #231
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I linked to the io9 review and I still think that's the best. I think a lot of the criticism was colored by the fact that they saw it on an IMAX screen. On TV for free, it's less of a cost to watch it either live or on demand or on ABC's website.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #232
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Airing on a Friday night. Yeah.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:48 PM   #233
Wheels
Eat my shorts
SHH! Global Moderator

If this was just another network TV comic book show the reaction wouldn't be this strong. Even if it is not too good, it still could have found an audience like some other shows I won't mention for fear of upsetting their fans, They doomed this show in terms of critical and fan response by releasing it theatrically. That immediately raised the expectations for it.

I’ll go out and I’ll find some more of that Mulan Szechuan teriyaki dipping sauce, Morty. Because that’s what this is all about, Morty. That’s my one-armed-man. I’m not driven by avenging my dead family, Morty. That was fake! I’m driven by finding that McNugget sauce. I want that McNugget sauce, Morty. That’s my series arc. If it takes nine seasons, I want my McNugget dipping sauce — Szechuan sauce, Morty.
-- Rick Sanchez
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #234
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

They doomed it by showing terrible trailers and promo pics. Positive people I respect as unbiased fans of all things comics think it's terrible. I think the strong reaction is probably merited and not overreaction.

Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:36 PM   #235
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It didn't look impressive at all on IMAX. Just a lot of bad slow motion crap. Also that moment with the clippers is probably the worst thing I've ever seen on IMAX. And I've seen Batman v Superman in IMAX which had Lex Luthor getting his head shaved as well.

- CM Punk
Old 09-23-2017, 05:35 AM   #236
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

I just read something about this show already being canceled, though the season would obviously still air. Was that just baseless clickbait or is that actually true?

Old 09-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #237
Comicbookguy339
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Witch View Post
I just read something about this show already being canceled, though the season would obviously still air. Was that just baseless clickbait or is that actually true?
Baseless clickbait. They looked at ABC's press release for the show that mentions "the complete series". However, the posters for the show that came out during the summer also read "see the complete series on ABC". Pretty sure the idea behind those words is that while the premiere is in IMAX, you have to tune into ABC to see all the episodes.

Comicbookguy339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:40 AM   #238
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy339 View Post
Baseless clickbait. They looked at ABC's press release for the show that mentions "the complete series". However, the posters for the show that came out during the summer also read "see the complete series on ABC". Pretty sure the idea behind those words is that while the premiere is in IMAX, you have to tune into ABC to see all the episodes.
That's something at least. Even if this show turns out to be as bad as the reviews, and even if they just completely rushed it through development, I still wouldn't wish that type of early cancellation on them for the sake of the people who worked on it. It is a shame that all of this happened though. Even if the Inhumans aren't a property that I am really a fan of, it deserved much better. I'll still watch the pilot and we'll see from there.

Old 09-23-2017, 01:34 PM   #239
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I don't think the show is getting renewed, but it's basically speculation and not actual confirmation of anything.

- CM Punk
Old 09-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #240
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I don't think the show is getting renewed, but it's basically speculation and not actual confirmation of anything.
The odds of it being renewed are extremely low, I don't think anybody is counting on that right now, however I think getting officially cancelled (not pulled off air mind you) before the first episode airs would be really bad.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #241
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Witch View Post
The odds of it being renewed are extremely low, I don't think anybody is counting on that right now, however I think getting officially cancelled (not pulled off air mind you) before the first episode airs would be really bad.
It's far from official though.

- CM Punk
Old 09-24-2017, 02:56 AM   #242
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Hopefully along with Ouat and Aos. Ouat should have ended last season, while Aos got better, I am just waiting for it to end.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:35 AM   #243
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Given its only eight episodes, I'd be shocked if it weren't fully aired. I mean, its a vanishingly rare thing for networks to prematurely drop shows at all, these days. To do so with a "season" would gain them nothing, since there's no room to even put a replacement show.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #244
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Tell that to ABC's Time After Time.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:36 PM   #245
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but we have the titles of all the episodes. This article lists them all and is pretty funny because it wonders about the strange use of ellipses. The reason should hopefully be obvious when you see all the titles:

Behold…The Inhumans!
Those Who Would Destroy Us
Divide – And Conquer
Make Way For… Medusa
Something Inhuman This Way Comes…
The Gentleman’s Name Is Gorgon
Havoc In The Hidden Land
…And Finally: Black Bolt (Season Finale)

They're all either titles of Inhumans story (in FF, Hulk, etc.) from the comics. That's a nice touch.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #246
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I don't know if anyone has posted this, but we have the titles of all the episodes. This article lists them all and is pretty funny because it wonders about the strange use of ellipses. The reason should hopefully be obvious when you see all the titles:

Behold…The Inhumans!
Those Who Would Destroy Us
Divide – And Conquer
Make Way For… Medusa
Something Inhuman This Way Comes…
The Gentleman’s Name Is Gorgon
Havoc In The Hidden Land
…And Finally: Black Bolt (Season Finale)

They're all either titles of Inhumans story (in FF, Hulk, etc.) from the comics. That's a nice touch.
I really like that.

Random490 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:59 PM   #247
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Apparently the only clever thing about the damn show.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:27 AM   #248
KevTravels
Side-Kick

I kinda wanna binge this once it's all over. And then ponder why it went all went wrong.

Any thoughts on whether Agents of Shield ends this year?

Old 09-25-2017, 02:16 AM   #249
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Not this year, but 2018.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:29 PM   #250
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Not this year, but 2018.
any thoughts on whether the show ends after this season?