The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #776
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

For those of you who like the Comic Loki, my Walmart had a bunch of Tees on clearance at 3 dollars a piece and I picked these up

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #777
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Like the burning A.
Very Cool.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #778
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Th Eek Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well on another note, I definitely feel like those who said that this film could have used a extra 10 minutes had their concerns validated, since I feel like there are some other stuff that could have been added and explored in the film.

I still have a hard time believing at times that this film, where exploring the 9 realms was one of its biggest pitches, focused more on the Earthlings than it did on certain Asgardians.
Most moviegoers live on Midgard.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #779
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Has Big Thor been around since his freakout? I hope he's okay and finally took a moment to process the movie and everything. I personally loved it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 11-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #780
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Has Big Thor been around since his freakout? I hope he's okay and finally took a moment to process the movie and everything. I personally loved it.
Freak out? what did I miss?

....to every King.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #781
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Freak out? what did I miss?
When first weekend numbers came out he was very angry about it not hitting 100m opening and the bad reviews and RT score. Maybe not freak out but had a lot of heated posts in the box office and Rt threads lol. I hope he enjoyed the film though, I don't recall seeing a review from him.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #782
herolee10
No More Miracles

Does anyone else think that we should see any of the other Avengers or other MCU characters that appear in Asgard at some point down the line?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:22 AM   #783
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Does anyone else think that we should see any of the other Avengers or other MCU characters that appear in Asgard at some point down the line?
I doubt it, Jane made sense and the cameo was just there for fun so idk if I can really think of a situation that works.

Maybe something like in a future Avengers movie someone like Hulk gets transported to Asgard during a battle with the Infinity Gauntlet and Thor has to go get him back real quick would be funny. Pretty sure something like that happened in A:EMH or one Marvel animated movie I watched.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #784
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

Quote:
I doubt it, Jane made sense and the cameo was just there for fun so idk if I can really think of a situation that works.

Maybe something like in a future Avengers movie someone like Hulk gets transported to Asgard during a battle with the Infinity Gauntlet and Thor has to go get him back real quick would be funny. Pretty sure something like that happened in A:EMH or one Marvel animated movie I watched.
Loki brings Hulk to Asgard in Hulk VS Thor, and

Sure you wanna know? EMH spolers.all the Avengers endup in Asgard in the season 1 finale

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 11-19-2013, 03:42 AM   #785
herolee10
No More Miracles

It kind of sucks that we didn't get this moment as well within the final cut of the film:

Old 11-19-2013, 04:16 AM   #786
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
It kind of sucks that we didn't get this moment as well within the final cut of the film:

We will probably see it on BR. I think that there will be 20-25 min of deleted footage.
This scene interest me the most:

It look like the alternative ending one and IF they release it on BR it will rise many questions regarding what was the reason final cut was as it was.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #787
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
We will probably see it on BR. I think that there will be 20-25 min of deleted footage.
This scene interest me the most:

It look like the alternative ending one and IF they release it on BR it will rise many questions regarding what was the reason final cut was as it was.
Wow, I have not seen the first picture that you posted above before.

A part of me thinks that it could be either an "alternate ending" or even a scene that took place after Thor defeated Malekith but before he left Earth to see Odin at the end of the final cut of the film.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #788
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wow, I have not seen the first picture that you posted above before.

A part of me thinks that it could be either an "alternate ending" or even a scene that took place after Thor defeated Malekith but before he left Earth to see Odin at the end of the final cut of the film.
Person on tumblr bought official TDW magazine and scanned thous pictures. This scene where Thor supposed to sleep for several days in Jane`s flat after the last battle and when woken up they had a relationship talk with all of the "maybe we were separated for a reason" cut stuff. The most interesting thing here is the fact that this scene was intended to be in a final cut- it was in trailers,spots, in magazine, cast were talking about it (like Portman with here "Jane will face her obsession") - but then, like a last moment decision-cut. I will forever think that Loki`s plot twist is the reason until proven otherwise.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #789
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Person on tumblr bought official TDW magazine and scanned thous pictures. This scene where Thor supposed to sleep for several days in Jane`s flat after the last battle and when woken up they had a relationship talk with all of the "maybe we were separated for a reason" cut stuff. The most interesting thing here is the fact that this scene was intended to be in a final cut- it was in trailers,spots, in magazine, cast were talking about it (like Portman with here "Jane will face her obsession") - but then, like a last moment decision-cut. I will forever think that Loki`s plot twist is the reason until proven otherwise.
Given that the film is probably Marvel's shortest film to date so far, I don't see why they felt the need to cut it out.

Heck, I can't even understand why they had to leave Thor and Jane's reunion at the very end of the credits.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #790
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Given that the film is probably Marvel's shortest film to date so far, I don't see why they felt the need to cut it out.

Heck, I can't even understand why they had to leave Thor and Jane's reunion at the very end of the credits.
Yep, considering after/after-credit scenes-that were introduced in Avengers- are for fun only and do not bear anything important to plot it`s just weird. Some even consider them to be "soft canon" as can be retconed without any special explanation.

The scene in question may added finality to relationships be it breakup or proposal and marvel didn't want it.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #791
herolee10
No More Miracles

Honestly, I feel like Thor's films have been the ones to suffer from the case of bad edits at times when it comes to the director (or Studio) choosing to delete scenes/footage that I feel would have enriched the film even more.

Heck, I thought the full extended version of Loki's scene with Frigga, while they were talking next to Odin's bedside, from the first Thor should have been kept in.

And I honestly don't understand their logic in having deleted the amount of scenes that we've heard about from this film considering that the current cut of the film is not even 2 hours.

I really do hope that people can raise enough awareness to Marvel to perhaps be interested in releasing a extended/director's cut like how Fox is doing with "The Wolverine" and not just simply release the film with the deleted scenes as a special feature.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #792
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Sorry if this is "repost": LOL. Upper-right corner of Dr. Selvig's chalkboard:

Kyle+Lost=X

Old 11-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #793
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Honestly, I feel like Thor's films have been the ones to suffer from the case of bad edits at times when it comes to the director (or Studio) choosing to delete scenes/footage that I feel would have enriched the film even more.

Heck, I thought the full extended version of Loki's scene with Frigga, while they were talking next to Odin's bedside, from the first Thor should have been kept in.

And I honestly don't understand their logic in having deleted the amount of scenes that we've heard about from this film considering that the current cut of the film is not even 2 hours.

I really do hope that people can raise enough awareness to Marvel to perhaps be interested in releasing a extended/director's cut like how Fox is doing with "The Wolverine" and not just simply release the film with the deleted scenes as a special feature.
From what I gather from people who worked on set-editing was not the only problem. Writers, Yost in particular, showed on set and made them stop filming the scene as they changed things on a fly. Basically there is very little left in the movie that was in original script and there was no one of the Black/RDJ/Whedon importance/influence to stop it.

There is a petition now for en director`s cut but I really doubt that this will happen. It will require Marvel to accept that they were wrong and they would not. I just hope for all deleted scenes to be on BR aka 20-25 min as it seem.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #794
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
From what I gather from people who worked on set-editing was not the only problem. Writers, Yost in particular, showed on set and made them stop filming the scene as they changed things on a fly. Basically there is very little left in the movie that was in original script and there was no one of the Black/RDJ/Whedon importance/influence to stop it.

There is a petition now for en director`s cut but I really doubt that this will happen. It will require Marvel to accept that they were wrong and they would not. I just hope for all deleted scenes to be on BR aka 20-25 min as it seem.
It's a real shame to hear that. Especially given on how much good stuff we've heard about the production that went on for "Winter Soldier", with a lot of people having nothing but praise for both the experience and the quality of the film itself.

Well, Marvel has somewhat admitted their wrongdoings before...somewhat.lol...I mean they admitted some of the faults that the likes of Iron Man 2 had, along with noting that they needed a better way to reintroduce the Hulk again to the GA after the fiasco with TIH.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #795
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's a real shame to hear that. Especially given on how much good stuff we've heard about the production that went on for "Winter Soldier", with a lot of people having nothing but praise for both the experience and the quality of the film itself.

Well, Marvel has somewhat admitted their wrongdoings before...somewhat.lol...I mean they admitted some of the faults that the likes of Iron Man 2 had, along with noting that they needed a better way to reintroduce the Hulk again to the GA after the fiasco with TIH.
We can hope as it has lowest RT score of Marvel studious movies they will admit that they were wrong and make production of third installment more stable and less studio influenced.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #796
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Quote:
When first weekend numbers came out he was very angry about it not hitting 100m opening and the bad reviews and RT score. Maybe not freak out but had a lot of heated posts in the box office and Rt threads lol. I hope he enjoyed the film though, I don't recall seeing a review from him.
AH okay, yeah I was watching that. lol

....to every King.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #797
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

hahahaha NICE easter egg!! Post it in the Easter egg thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Sorry if this is "repost": LOL. Upper-right corner of Dr. Selvig's chalkboard:

Kyle+Lost=X

....to every King.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #798
warriorking
Side-Kick

I agree, although I liked TDW it should have been a little longer run time wise to explore Malekith as well as Asgard..
The scene with Jane on the balcony seeing the wonders of Asgard was missing, as well as those of Thor walking with her, all cut from the movie..
I have come to the conclusion that Marvel meddled big time with TDW and it shows...
Unfortunately It seems they only do this with the Thor series, I look for the Winter Solder to be allowed as much breathing room as it wants, something they need to allow with Thor..
A mere 10 minutes could have added so much more to this film...

Last edited by warriorking; 11-19-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #799
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:

Maybe that was the point ,
A final cut under 2 hours.
As for The Wolverine Extended Cut, my understanding is that it is only 10 minutes longer.

Last edited by Mysteryman; 11-19-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #800
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:

Would any of them "stop" re-writes?

Whedon actually was brought in to do onset re-writes himself.

And the unfinished script thing pretty much defines the way RDJ has worked in these films.

Quite a bit of the film was reworked to film and incorporate more scenes with Loki. Apparently some other things were changed when the actress who played Sif was injured.

Closed Thread