The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #76
Andrew Lucas
Young Wolf
 
Andrew Lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,603
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
She disobeyed Peter and died. What's confusing?
Why womans that make her owns decisions gets punished?....

__________________
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:00 AM   #77
Alt-Josh
Prepare To Be Amazed.
 
Alt-Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Up North, Eh
Posts: 653
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

I love how upset Peter was when Gwen showed up at the power plant. I loved the clock showing 1:21. I loved how, after she fell, Spidey cradled her so similarly to how he did in the comics.

__________________
2014 Movies:
The Lego Movie: 8
The Muppets:5
Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 8.5
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 8
Alt-Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:00 AM   #78
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange
 
Mad Ones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,291
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Peter told her not to come with him to the power grid, but because she did she ended up getting killed. Even though she was smart, capable, and proactive she still ended up dying. I loved it when she said that no one makes her decisions for her, and I was extremely disappointed when the story made that a contributing factor to her death.

Mad Ones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:01 AM   #79
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 40,609
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

This was a great scene. I agree with that. I just wish the overall movie was better. This is one of the best stories in a Spider-Man comic, period. The scene itself is great. But, it just isn't enough to save the movie. I wish the movie was THIS quality. If it was, then this film would have been epic, instead of generic and forgettable. No film that features this storyline should be less than epic. Shame on Sony for this.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:04 AM   #80
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 30,880
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
This was a great scene. I agree with that. I just wish the overall movie was better. This is one of the best stories in a Spider-Man comic, period. The scene itself is great. But, it just isn't enough to save the movie. I wish the movie was THIS quality. If it was, then this film would have been epic, instead of generic and forgettable. No film that features this storyline should be less than epic. Shame on Sony for this.
agreed. See the tragedy is the scene came across visually stunning but the actual scene is flat and doesn't capture the full wait of Parker's sadness and rage which is shown in the trailers and yet is cut out.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:08 AM   #81
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 40,609
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
agreed. See the tragedy is the scene came across visually stunning but the actual scene is flat and doesn't capture the full wait of Parker's sadness and rage which is shown in the trailers and yet is cut out.
I think it also lacks because Goblin loses so easily, and her death would have been better served like in the comic: the halfway point in their fight! The comic works because after this happens, Peter goes bezerk! His morals are tested and he wants vengeance and blood in a way he never has. It tests the core of Spider-Man. That culminates when he faces Gobby in the alley. Why, oh why, didn't they do that here! The fight between he and gobby was already short, as was the resolution to her death. I could have watched another 5 mins of fighting, especially when it was vital to Peter's grief and would have closed the film on a higher note!

Missed opportunity.


Last edited by Spider-Fan; 05-03-2014 at 01:16 AM.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:11 AM   #82
Andrew Lucas
Young Wolf
 
Andrew Lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,603
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
Peter told her not to come with him to the power grid, but because she did she ended up getting killed. Even though she was smart, capable, and proactive she still ended up dying. I loved it when she said that no one makes her decisions for her, and I was extremely disappointed when the story made that a contributing factor to her death.
Now i understand,i'm not dissapointed but i never wanted

__________________
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:14 AM   #83
Snow Queen
4AF
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 11,095
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
Peter told her not to come with him to the power grid, but because she did she ended up getting killed. Even though she was smart, capable, and proactive she still ended up dying. I loved it when she said that no one makes her decisions for her, and I was extremely disappointed when the story made that a contributing factor to her death.
While I can see why you feel that way, I thought her speech at the beginning about how life is precious because it ends and living it for yourself and making your life count for something and the like put it in a different context. Less of a "you died because you didn't do what the hero said" and more a "better to die doing something heroic and living life for yourself than to live the way someone told you to." At least that's what I got out of it, but I do definitely see where you're coming from on it. I'm probably not articulating this the best, I'm kinda exhausted. Hopefully it makes a bit of sense though and I won't read this in the morning and wonder what the hell I was thinking. XD

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:15 AM   #84
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 30,880
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think it also lacks because Goblin loses so easily, and her death would have been better served like in the comic: the halfway point in their fight! The comic works because after this happens, Peter goes bezerk! His morals are tested and he wants vengeance and blood in a way he never has. It tests the core of Spider-Man. That culminates when he faces Gobby in the alley. Why, oh why, didn't they do that here! The fight between he and gobby was already short, as was the resolution to her death. I could have watch another 5 mins of fighting, especially when it was vital to Peter's grief and would have closed the film on a higher note!

Missed opportunity.

^ Exactly

The original film Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin fight showcased it better. Spidey went nuts when Gobby threatened to hurt MJ.


Last edited by The Caped Knight; 05-03-2014 at 01:18 AM.
The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:19 AM   #85
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange
 
Mad Ones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,291
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
While I can see why you feel that way, I thought her speech at the beginning about how life is precious because it ends and living it for yourself and making your life count for something and the like put it in a different context. Less of a "you died because you didn't do what the hero said" and more a "better to die doing something heroic and living life for yourself than to live the way someone told you to." At least that's what I got out of it, but I do definitely see where you're coming from on it. I'm probably not articulating this the best, I'm kinda exhausted. Hopefully it makes a bit of sense though and I won't read this in the morning and wonder what the hell I was thinking. XD
Haha you make perfect sense I guess that interpretation would have worked for me if there was some mention of Gwen being a hero somewhere. She made the plan, and brought power back to the city, saving those planes. But in the end she was still a woman in the refrigerator

Mad Ones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:23 AM   #86
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 40,609
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
^ Exactly

The original film Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin fight showcased it better. Spidey went nuts when Gobby threatened to hurt MJ.
I wish there was a way to merge the 2! LOL! I even was okay with Dehaan's version of the Goblin! I thought he was good (if THIS Electro had killed her, I would have gone on a Archer-style RAMPAGE!). Having him cause it was fine. I just wish that this hadn't just tested Peter's desire to be Spider-Man. They could have kept those scenes in tact, as the speech watching was a fine way for him to find hope again. But, seeing the resolve of Spider-Man tested in regard to his ideals (on top of what they already had) would have been even BETTER!

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:26 AM   #87
Nardz937
Side-Kick
 
Nardz937's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,001
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think it also lacks because Goblin loses so easily, and her death would have been better served like in the comic: the halfway point in their fight! The comic works because after this happens, Peter goes bezerk! His morals are tested and he wants vengeance and blood in a way he never has. It tests the core of Spider-Man. That culminates when he faces Gobby in the alley. Why, oh why, didn't they do that here! The fight between he and gobby was already short, as was the resolution to her death. I could have watched another 5 mins of fighting, especially when it was vital to Peter's grief and would have closed the film on a higher note!

Missed opportunity.
Absolutely.

I can't believe how badly they botched the execution of Gwen's death

I already ranted about this exact thing on the other page. But it bothers me so much. I've always wanted to see that part done on-screen.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:36 AM   #88
Alt-Josh
Prepare To Be Amazed.
 
Alt-Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Up North, Eh
Posts: 653
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Her death was perfectly done for me, and so was the aftermath. The speech just tied everything together so nicely. And the little pep talk from May. And the voicemail from earlier played into it as well: "I think it's best if I just let you go. Not because I don't love you. But because I do love you." Peter had to let go, that's what she would have wanted.

__________________
2014 Movies:
The Lego Movie: 8
The Muppets:5
Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 8.5
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 8
Alt-Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:39 AM   #89
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 30,880
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

I'm ready for Mary Jane Watson now, Bring on TAMS 3.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:43 AM   #90
DigificWriter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,692
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardz937 View Post
I can't believe how badly they botched the execution of Gwen's death.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."


Last edited by DigificWriter; 05-03-2014 at 01:46 AM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:45 AM   #91
Nardz937
Side-Kick
 
Nardz937's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,001
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
Which word?

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:50 AM   #92
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 40,609
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
Or he simply disagrees with you. Deal with it.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:51 AM   #93
DigificWriter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 7,692
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardz937 View Post
Which word?
It should be obvious I was lampooning your use of the word 'botched' with that Inigo quote.

You might not care for how they executed Gwen's death, but that doesn't mean they screwed it up.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:52 AM   #94
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 40,609
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
^ It should be obvious I was lampooning your use of the word 'botched' with that Inigo quote.

You might not care for how they executed Gwen's death, but that doesn't mean they screwed it up.
And once again...he disagrees with you. Deal with it.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:01 AM   #95
Nardz937
Side-Kick
 
Nardz937's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,001
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
It should be obvious I was lampooning your use of the word 'botched' with that Inigo quote.

You might not care for how they executed Gwen's death, but that doesn't mean they screwed it up.
It's my opinion. Deal with mine and I'll deal with yours.

I've been a life-long fan. If I feel they screwed up on what should have been one of the most epic moments in CBM history, I'll whine about it as much as I want.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:02 AM   #96
Andrew Lucas
Young Wolf
 
Andrew Lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,603
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

So much love going on this thread...

__________________
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:05 AM   #97
Alt-Josh
Prepare To Be Amazed.
 
Alt-Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Up North, Eh
Posts: 653
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Lucas View Post
So much love going on this thread...
Deal with it!


__________________
2014 Movies:
The Lego Movie: 8
The Muppets:5
Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 8.5
The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 8
Alt-Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:08 AM   #98
Andrew Lucas
Young Wolf
 
Andrew Lucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,603
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt-Josh View Post
Deal with it!

You deal with it!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

__________________
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:45 AM   #99
psylockolussus
Fierce User
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Earth Prime
Posts: 32,181
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Gwen's death saved the movie, in my opinion, if it didn't happen, the movie would have been worse. And for a moment, I kinda forgot the flaws of the movie because I actually felt bad for Peter and Gwen. I also love the slow-motion of the death scene!

__________________
DcEU / MCU movie ranking
WW, CATWS, CACW, DS, TR, TA, T, IR, IR3, GOTG, GOTGV2, AM, SMH, AAOU, CATFA, TIH, IR2, TTDW, MOS, JL, BVSDOJ, SS
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:13 AM   #100
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!
 
Doctor Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 6,438
Default Re: The Scene Gwen Stacy Died - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoWalrus View Post
YouTube.

__________________
ben: hello im ben...
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=453945
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

______________
\__\_l_l_/__/
\_______/
l_
l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Doctor Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.