The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: Civil War

Old 04-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #276
Incredible Hans
I'm always hungry!

Default Re: Crossbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquespy View Post
It was the other guy right?
What other guy?

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #277
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Yeah the Winter Soldier had some kind of serum in his body, but Cap was still superior to him in the end. He won both fights despite Bucky's enhancements. All which to say, maybe can say Hydra has a new serum of their own, but it's still weaker than the one in Steve.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #278
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Based on how awesome they made WS look, I have no doubts we'll get a menacing, extremely dangerous looking appearance for Crossbones.

I hope the mask looks like this.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #279
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

What if crossbones is paralyzed from the end of winter soldier,because we saw him lying on a gurney.so he has to wear a exoskeleton giving him a costume for the third movie.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #280
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
That's a good point.

Maybe the movieverse should just bite the bullet and say hydra works out the super soldier serum and gave it to crossbones. There's really so many characters who have something similar to it anyway and it doesn't make Steve any less special because it's his values that make him different.

I really hope they go all out with crossbones next time. I loved the movie but I kept feeling sorry for crossbones because he was a slave to the mentality that he was "just following orders". He doesn't seem like the sadistic monster that he is in the comics
Sadistic Definition- deriving pleasure from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others.

"There are no prisoners with HYDRA, only order. And order only comes from pain."
- Rumlow

Give him time to express his sadistic personality even more when he's full-blown Crossbones.

ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #281
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
Yeah the Winter Soldier had some kind of serum in his body, but Cap was still superior to him in the end. He won both fights despite Bucky's enhancements. All which to say, maybe can say Hydra has a new serum of their own, but it's still weaker than the one in Steve.
But that would sort if remove the point of giving him a power upgrade so that he can go toe to toe with Steve and Bucky.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #282
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
No the first fight was a draw.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #283
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
No the first fight was a draw.
Put it this way, Cap was superior to Bucky in hand to hand. The fights would be close, but Cap would come out on top 9/10 times. That's how the Russo's presented their skill levels I believe.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #284
STR1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
That's a good point.

Maybe the movieverse should just bite the bullet and say hydra works out the super soldier serum and gave it to crossbones. There's really so many characters who have something similar to it anyway and it doesn't make Steve any less special because it's his values that make him different.

I really hope they go all out with crossbones next time. I loved the movie but I kept feeling sorry for crossbones because he was a slave to the mentality that he was "just following orders". He doesn't seem like the sadistic monster that he is in the comics
I think the MCU wants to treat the SSS as a one time achievement. You can't have one exactly the same because what is to stop them from giving to thousands of Hydra agents and making an army of SS? It will be a lesser variation or some other "miracle" that I think will be given to CB to enhance him. Otherwise he will just be sparring partner for the Captain.

STR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #285
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Even if Crossbones doesn't get something to power him up, we've seen trained humans like Batroc take Cap on in a fight. Imagine what Crossbones would do with weapons and hand-to-hand.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #286
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Even if Crossbones doesn't get something to power him up, we've seen trained humans like Batroc take Cap on in a fight. Imagine what Crossbones would do with weapons and hand-to-hand.
We've seen what Rumlow can do with weapons, hand to hand, *and* a hoard of mooks.

Its called the elevator scene.

I think, if he's supposed to take on Cap in a more personal fashion, he's going to need some kind of super edge. Hell, he probably needs that just to fight again after being that badly injured.

Oh, as for the Winter Soldier, I suspect he's more or less just as physically powerful as Cap. The reason he lost in the later fights was that, ultimately, the Winter Soldier is an assassin. He's primarily trained and experienced in showing up out of nowhere and slaughtering unsuspecting people with overwhelming violence. Cap, OTOH, is much more experienced at straight out fighting.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #287
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
We've seen what Rumlow can do with weapons, hand to hand, *and* a hoard of mooks.

Its called the elevator scene.

I think, if he's supposed to take on Cap in a more personal fashion, he's going to need some kind of super edge. Hell, he probably needs that just to fight again after being that badly injured.

Oh, as for the Winter Soldier, I suspect he's more or less just as physically powerful as Cap. The reason he lost in the later fights was that, ultimately, the Winter Soldier is an assassin. He's primarily trained and experienced in showing up out of nowhere and slaughtering unsuspecting people with overwhelming violence. Cap, OTOH, is much more experienced at straight out fighting.
Yes, but a rematch could prove different. Rumlow should be in an even deadlier state of mind as Crossbones, and this time he'd know not to stick to hand-to-hand to Cap. He'd have some tricks up his sleeve when it comes to weaponry and gadgets against Cap. He can attack Cap with a couple of weapons, switch to hand-to-hand, use some gadgetry, then weaponry again, back to hand-to-hand, etc. It could look really cool and Cap wouldn't know what to expect next.

At this point we've only seen a very exposed Rumlow try to take on Cap with a taser. The way he just ran at Cap, you could tell he was out of his league. But now Rumlow knows what fighting Cap feels like and what Rogers can do, so he'll be prepared next time.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 04-13-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #288
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Cap was clearly stronger all round than Bucky. Yes, the Winter Soldier had a bionic arm but Cap picked him up by the throat and lifted him three feet off the ground with one arm.

Anyways, I'm all for variants/knock off/failed attempts of the SSS, as long its not as good as the original.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #289
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I like to think he was subconsciously holding back a bit due to the self doubt brought on by near recognition of Steve.

Can't wait to see where they go with Crossbones.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #290
StarLord
You're Welcome

http://screencrush.com/frank-grillo-the-purge/

Quote:
Have you seen the designs of the Crossbones costume you’ll get to wear in the next movie?
G:You know, they are so– I have to tell you…

Because his face is burnt now.
G:Yeah, his face is burned. If you read the comics about Crossbones, you know, Marvel always takes their interpretation of the comics. It’s exciting.

Is he like Black Widow and could show up in any of the Marvel movies?
G:Yes.

It doesn’t have to just be a Captain America movie?
G:No. He could show up in anything. He could have his own thing. He could really have his own thing.

StarLord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #291
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Cap was clearly stronger all round than Bucky. Yes, the Winter Soldier had a bionic arm but Cap picked him up by the throat and lifted him three feet off the ground with one arm.
That's because Bucky presumably weighs as much as a normal man though? Why does Cap being able to lift Bucky make him stronger?

JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #292
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
The movies in general seem hesitant about masks so maybe the facial disfigurement is how they justify the costume. It's not Crossbones trying to be a campy Saturday morning bad guy; it's him trying to hide his supremely effed up face.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:38 AM   #293
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

I'm not completely up on Crossbones. Does he get disfigured in the comics?

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:10 AM   #294
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
That's because Bucky presumably weighs as much as a normal man though? Why does Cap being able to lift Bucky make him stronger?
Because Bucky wasnt physically strong enough to stop Cap from doing it, otherwise he would have done so?

Old 06-19-2014, 07:01 AM   #295
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Bucky couldn't lift the beam off himself either and Steve could after be shots multi times in the gut and stabbed. Also, if Bucky was a strong as Cap he'd be able to catch and throw the Shield with his human hand - he doesn't - he always uses the bionic arm. They enhanced him for the movie, unlike in the comics, to beyond normal strength but he's not as strong as Steve by a considerable margin though the bionic arm makes up for a lot.

TalismanRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #296
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Good points.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #297
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Because Bucky wasnt physically strong enough to stop Cap from doing it, otherwise he would have done so?
Sure it's harder to lift someone up who is resisting you than someone who is not or is even cooperating...but.....if you weight 240 lbs and someone is trying to lift you with 400 lbs of force...you're gonna move. strength doesn't defy gravity

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #298
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I'm not completely up on Crossbones. Does he get disfigured in the comics?
No, but he does wear a mask.

The MCU movies for whatever reason don't really like giving people masks and costumes if there's no in-story reason (see the Falcon, Batroc, and Hawkeye) so a lot of people suggested that the facial burns he suffered were likely an excuse to have him wear a costume closer to the comics in the sequel.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #299
Blackman
C'mon Son

I bet the mask will be more like a helmet

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #300
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree

I think Crossbones is one of those designs that are visually and thematically easy to pull off.

You wouldn't need to go full tilt with the bone shirt. The mask is quite enough.

He'd be a brutal enforcer, so he wears a skull mask to intimidate and conceal his identity.

Having him wear a mask because he's disfigured and self conscious is kind of passe.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote