The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #26
NoLaNitE007
Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I'm serious. It was VARIETY who originally leaked that Neeson was Ra's Al Ghul (and then changed it to Ducard), wasn't it? They're usually spot on, and they don't tend to mess around when it comes to big name actors.

When there's a rumor, I wait until VARIETY confirms it in some fashion.

Yes. Variety or Hollywood Reporter and Deadline correct?

Old 12-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #27
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Would anyone else love it if the action was shot like this?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 12-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #28
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post

Yes. That would be heavenly.

*Scarecrow voice* Now there's a Batman...

That style would work for Super battles too.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #29
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Yes. That would be heavenly.

*Scarecrow voice* Now there's a Batman...

That style would work for Super battles too.
If you click the link the video's description, they show it was used in Gravity. It was supposed to be supposed to be used in Reeves' Man of Tai Chi, but I think he said they got into money problems or something like that.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 12-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #30
charl_huntress
Banned User

Quote:

I think this would work for someone like Batman who is much more of a close-range fighter. I don't think it would work for Supes.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #31
NoLaNitE007
Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
VARIETY doesn't tend to jump the gun on stuff like this. If this got out, odds are its close to being a done deal.

Yes I agree with this assessment sir. If Phoenix was going to decline or was more leaning toward declining, than VARIETY probably would not have reported this big of an "Exclusive".

If they report something like this, then the chances of it being a done deal is more likely the case here. The glass is more than half full, rather than more than half empty basically.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #32
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
If you click the link the video's description, they show it was used in Gravity. It was supposed to be supposed to be used in Reeves' Man of Tai Chi, but I think he said they got into money problems or something like that.
It's beautiful. Loved how Gravity was shot.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #33
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
reminds me of this line from Star Trek IV:
Bones: "No, Spock. He means that he feels safer about your guesses than most other people's facts."

Variety doesn't post anything without confirmation. I trust them more than anything else...equal to The Hollywood Reporter.
In this case, it would be a confirmation of WB's interest in Phoenix .
If they knew it was a done deal, they would have announced it.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #34
TheOneWhoKnocks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
Yes I agree with this assessment sir. If Phoenix was going to decline or was more leaning toward declining, than VARIETY probably would not have reported this big of an "Exclusive".

If they report something like this, then the chances of it being a done deal is more likely the case here. The glass is more than half full, rather than more than half empty basically.
Maybe, but this report reminds me very much of the Hollywood Reporter report of WB/Snyder/Nolan eyeing Viggo Mortensen for the villain role in Man of Steel (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...villain-161432). It's who they want and they might get him, but it's not close to a done deal. I think it does mean they will get a great actor for the part. We ended up with Shannon.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #35
charl_huntress
Banned User

Agreed. The fact they even are pursuing someone like Phoenix for Lex gives me a great idea of the type of Lex we will see. I don't know who would be a second choice, but I like the direction either way even if they don't get JP.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #36
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I think this would work for someone like Batman who is much more of a close-range fighter. I don't think it would work for Supes.
That is really fantastic. That style might not be perfect for Supes, but that technology will open up some amazing doors I believe.

Romans 8:38-39
"The Bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy."
Old 12-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #37
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

I don't know who they would get if JP passes, but I would love to see Leonardo Dicaprio in the role, especially after seeing The Wolf of Wall Street.

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern

Last edited by TheNextNolan22; 12-19-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #38
charl_huntress
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
That is really fantastic. That style might not be perfect for Supes, but that technology will open up some amazing doors I believe.
The camera angles and what not seems to favor fighters with techniques. Supes is a brawler, so IMO this doesn't seem to fit him. Plus, considering how much he and Zod moved each other around during fights... It might be kind of sickening to watch it done this way...lol

Old 12-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #39
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
The camera angles and what not seems to favor fighters with techniques. Supes is a brawler, so IMO this doesn't seem to fit him. Plus, considering how much he and Zod moved each other around during fights... It might be kind of sickening to watch it done this way...lol
That's very true. It is something that would have to be refined, and could easily be used in excess and ruin the effect. Not that I think they need to change the way the action is shot, it was fantastic in MOS. Just lose some of the grain and BRING BACK THE SNYDER SLOMO!!! So yeah, no need to change it

Old 12-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #40
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I'm hoping they give Superman just a bit of technique/fight skills for his next big battle. It made sense the first time because he was green and never thought he'd be fighting. But now, I'd think he'd at least try to look into some techniques just in case he ever got in another fight since losing a fight would cost humanity so much.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #41
charl_huntress
Banned User

Quote:
That's very true. It is something that would have to be refined, and could easily be used in excess and ruin the effect. Not that I think they need to change the way the action is shot, it was fantastic in MOS. Just lose some of the grain and BRING BACK THE SNYDER SLOMO!!! So yeah, no need to change it
Haha...the first thing I read was bring back the SNYDER SLOMO...lol

You know...I really wondered about that after having watched 300 again. I was surprised the action was so fast pace and there was NO SLOMO. I don't know if I want slomo like in 300 back, but he could have slowed some shots down. For instance the shot where Supes saves the guy falling out of the helo. He did a cool little flip to get him, but it's a blur of red unless you pause it and slow it down. It's shots like that that should be slowed, but not the whole thing. So...I'm saying...ONLY BRING A LITTLE OF SNYDER SLOMO!!!!

Old 12-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #42
TheNextNolan22

This film warrants just a little bit of slo-mo because of Batman's presence alone.

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 12-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #43
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Haha...the first thing I read was bring back the SNYDER SLOMO...lol

You know...I really wondered about that after having watched 300 again. I was surprised the action was so fast pace and there was NO SLOMO. I don't know if I want slomo like in 300 back, but he could have slowed some shots down. For instance the shot where Supes saves the guy falling out of the helo. He did a cool little flip to get him, but it's a blur of red unless you pause it and slow it down. It's shots like that that should be slowed, but not the whole thing. So...I'm saying...ONLY BRING A LITTLE OF SNYDER SLOMO!!!!
Couldn't agree more! And Juaquin as Lex sounds amazing, I'll wait to see if there's truth to it before I get excited. Either way I think it confirms they are more concerned with actors who excel in the role rather than just look the part.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #44
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

I'd love to see Slo-mo used for Batman scenes more than Superman scenes.

A long-take of Batman tearing through a bunch of guys would be an awesome, like so:

For Superman, I prefer the style they used in MOS. It's as if the camera can barely keep up with how fast he is.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 12-19-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #45
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:

Damn, when fitting, that seems like a pure awesome shot technique right there!

Old 12-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #46
charl_huntress
Banned User

Quote:
Couldn't agree more! And Juaquin as Lex sounds amazing, I'll wait to see if there's truth to it before I get excited. Either way I think it confirms they are more concerned with actors who excel in the role rather than just look the part.
I've been hearing a lot about Snyder's excellence in casting, so I'm pleased to see he's staying true to form. JP is an excellent choice, so I do hope he accepts. I can visualize the type of Lex I think he will play, which means I can truly see him in that role. If he doesn't accept, I'll be curious to see who the second choice was. I'm trying to think of an actor who brings the skill set he does and I can't think of anyone. I'm hopeful though.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #47
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I think the Bot & Dolly would be best for Batman. It could be used for Superman, but what usually seems to be the case with superpowered characters is that they don't have much close combat type of fighting. They just punch each other great distances much more often.

"

Old 12-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #48
TheNextNolan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I'd love to see Slo-mo used for Batman scenes more than Superman scenes.

A long-take of Batman tearing through a bunch of guys would be an awesome, like so:

For Superman, I prefer the style they used in MOS. It's as if the camera can barely keep up with how fast he is.
All of this! I too want to see them keep the same style they used for Superman and the other Kryptonians in MOS. Really put an emphasis on the speed.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #49
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
I don't who they would get if JP passes, but I would love to see Leonardo Dicaprio in the role, especially after seeing The Wolf of Wall Street.
Leo, McConnaghey, or Bardem for me.

I'd also like DDL , but that woud NEVER happen.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #50
TheNextNolan22

Any of those guys would be on the same level IMO. I'd love it if any of them were cast.

Closed Thread