The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #551
charl_huntress
Banned User

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
The problem is that the Lois they were going for didn't really feel like Lois. Not to me, anyway. I keep saying this, and I apologize if it's getting old, but I just thought she was so damn generic.
I can understand this. She didn't feel like a Lois I knew either at first, but the warmth and personality Adams showed made me like her. I think what needs to be recognized is Adam is not playing Lois like any other Lois. It's a different Lois.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
I have to agree. She was kind of bland and didn't seem to have the edge of Lois.
Again...this Lois is not edgy. She's not that brassy, ballsy chick we're used to from other incarnations. It's just a different Lois then usual. Love it or leave it...I guess.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #552
MrsKent26
Whatever.

@boy scout.

I'm...not sure what you're trying to say. Going through those things with someone is one way of learning about them. People bond during things like that. All of that stuff is her getting to know him as a person. It's exactly that. It's a pretty good start to building a relationship.

Last edited by MrsKent26; 12-30-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #553
\S/JcDc\S/
Banned User

Seeing her with red hair and in Smallville so much for this film, does give some Lana vibes. I think seeing her and Clark together working at DP in Metropolis will help break that spell.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:47 AM   #554
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Charl_huntress you said that the spunky Lois wasn't what they were going for; but couldn't you say the same thing about Lois in SR? And isn't that missing attitude a part of who the Lois character is?

@tomoe What do you mean by more bad a$$. More like Stamp? I've only seen the Smallville and movie versions of Zod. I agree this Zod wasn't kicking a$$ and taking names, that seemed to be Faora's job, but I liked that he was more of a military man.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:52 AM   #555
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I can understand this. She didn't feel like a Lois I knew either at first, but the warmth and personality Adams showed made me like her. I think what needs to be recognized is Adam is not playing Lois like any other Lois. It's a different Lois.

Again...this Lois is not edgy. She's not that brassy, ballsy chick we're used to from other incarnations. It's just a different Lois then usual. Love it or leave it...I guess.
Then is she really Lois?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I'm...not sure what you're trying to say.
They don't have a solid foundation to stand on to further their relationship because they don't actually know very much about each other. They went through some intense things together, and that's great, but what do they actually know about each other? Not much. They weren't really given the opportunity to sit down and talk to each other. All they have between them is physical attraction, and that isn't a solid foundation at all.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #556
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

They don't have a solid foundation to stand on to further their relationship because they don't actually know very much about each other. They went through some intense things together, and that's great, but what do they actually know about each other? Not much. They weren't really given the opportunity to sit down and talk to each other. All they have between them is physical attraction.
I pretty much explained my position in the rest of that post. Going through those things together is one way of getting to know a person. It's an intense and atypical way, too. Those are moments they won't forget. They may not know how each other likes their coffee, but they know each will put their life on the line to save others. She knows him better than anyone besides his mom and has seen him at his very worst.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #557
charl_huntress
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Charl_huntress you said that the spunky Lois wasn't what they were going for; but couldn't you say the same thing about Lois in SR? And isn't that missing attitude a part of who the Lois character is?
Yes, you could make that point, but I think the difference is Bosworth's Lois was actually written to be spunky and she was trying to be that spunky Lois and failed miserably. Adams' Lois was not even written to be spunky. Though you do make a good point about her not having "those" characteristics we normally associate with Lois. I think for me the warmth she showed was more of a highlight to the other qualities Lois Lane has aside from just her spunky, ballsy nature. I appreciated that, and found it a bit refreshing since in the wrong hands the other type of Lois can rub the GA the wrong way.

Quote:
Then is she really Lois?
My take is this is a different incarnation of Lois just like this Superman is different. If I can accept the take they took on him then I can accept her too.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:00 AM   #558
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I think this Superman is still more or less recognizable. Lois, on the other hand...

Old 12-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #559
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
I pretty much explained my position in the rest of that post. Going through those things together is one way of getting to know a person.
Not to the extent that it allows them to know whether or not they'd actually work as a couple. Comforting someone or even saving their life doesn't make you compatible with them. There is more to relationships than that.

Quote:
They may not know how each other likes their coffee, but they know each will put their life on the line to save others.
And again, that's great, but that doesn't for a second mean that they can work as a couple. Firefighters and cops will do the same thing, but that doesn't mean they're compatible with everyone on the planet. Lois and Clark have no foundation. They were just kind of brought together because of canon, which is bad writing.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #560
charl_huntress
Banned User

Quote:
I think this Superman is still more or less recognizable. Lois, on the other hand...
idk....When I heard the sound of Zod's neck snap in 7.1 Dolby Digital I didn't even recognize the dude.... No lie.

I think with Lois they were deliberately going for a softer, less harder Lois. I kind of saw Adams Lois as a mix of Neill and Hatcher's versions. She wasn't neurotic like Hatcher, but she had a similar sort of warmth.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #561
\S/JcDc\S/
Banned User

Hatcher and Lois from TAS are perfect for me.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #562
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
idk....When I heard the sound of Zod's neck snap in 7.1 Dolby Digital I didn't even recognize the dude.... No lie.
I did say more or less.

Quote:
I think with Lois they were deliberately going for a softer, less harder Lois. I kind of saw Adams Lois as a mix of Neill and Hatcher's versions. She wasn't neurotic like Hatcher, but she had a similar sort of warmth.
If her character hadn't been called Lois Lane, would you have recognized her as such?

Old 12-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #563
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Not to the extent that it allows them to know whether or not they'd actually work as a couple. Comforting someone or even saving their life doesn't make you compatible with them. There is more to relationships than that.

And again, that's great, but that doesn't for a second mean that they can work as a couple. Firefighters and cops will do the same thing, but that doesn't mean they're compatible with everyone on the planet. Lois and Clark have no foundation. They were just kind of brought together because of canon, which is bad writing.
Eh, I disagree. And to be honest, I won't change my mind. I don't think they are totally a couple now by any means, but what they went through is something solid to start from, as in a foundation to begin to become a couple from. And it's deeper than what most start from. But this is one of those times that i'll just keep on thinking I'm right no matter what. But thanks for bothering with me though.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:18 AM   #564
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Well...you're wrong. And I hate you. And you smell.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:20 AM   #565
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Well...you're wrong. And I hate you. And you smell.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #566
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Then is she really Lois?

They don't have a solid foundation to stand on to further their relationship because they don't actually know very much about each other. They went through some intense things together, and that's great, but what do they actually know about each other? Not much. They weren't really given the opportunity to sit down and talk to each other. All they have between them is physical attraction, and that isn't a solid foundation at all.
To be fair since MOS came out I have felt the same way about Superman and Lois in the old movies. There is no foundation in the relationship; she is crushing on a god and it's anybody's guess why after one flight around the world he would spin the Earth backwards for her.

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson

Old 12-30-2013, 01:23 AM   #567
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Old 12-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #568
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
For me as well both in looks and personality. A good mix of edgy, neurotic and soft.

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson

Old 12-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #569
charl_huntress
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
I love pretty much every Lois except Bosworth. She's terrible. Hands down!

Quote:
If her character hadn't been called Lois Lane, would you have recognized her as such?
She did remind me a lot of Neill and Hatcher. So...they got a lot of things right. She wasn't completely unrecognizable as a Lois Lane. She was an intrepid reporter and somewhat fearless. She just wasn't a Lois I have been recently familiar with.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:26 AM   #570
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
To be fair since MOS came out I have felt the same way about Superman and Lois in the old movies. There is no foundation in the relationship; she is crushing on a god and it's anybody's guess why after one flight around the world he would spin the Earth backwards for her.
I don't think one bad decision excuses another. I haven't seen STM in a while, but I do know that I found their relationship more convincing. Not convincing enough to justify Superman's anguish at the end, but good enough.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:26 AM   #571
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Oh damn. I guess I lost because I don't know how to post gifs or images through my iPad. Bitter defeat...

Old 12-30-2013, 01:26 AM   #572
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
She did remind me a lot of Neill and Hatcher. So...they got a lot of things right. She wasn't completely unrecognizable as a Lois Lane. She was an intrepid reporter and somewhat fearless. She just wasn't a Lois I have been recently familiar with.
Fair enough!

Old 12-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #573
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh damn. I guess I lost because I don't know how to post gifs or images through my iPad. Bitter defeat...
That's what I thought.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:28 AM   #574
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

This has been the best discussion I have had about MOS Lois. Respect all around and no attacks or name calling....u know unless you count the light saber fight that's about to break out.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:29 AM   #575
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
That's what I thought.
Damn ambiguous iPad. If I had my Mac right now, you'd be in a world of hurt.

Closed Thread