The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 09-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #101
CJ
Omellete Du Fromage

Default Re: Quantic Dream's Beyond

Just got Beyond: Two Souls on the cheap for $17.99.

I've been looking forward to playing this for quite some time. But it keeps crashing. At first I couldn't make it past the installation screen, so I deleted and re-installed the game, got to the main menu, great. But now when trying to start a new game, It just sits on a black screen and freezes.

What the hell. The disc is clean with no cracks or scratches. It can't be my Ps3, I just bought it, and all my other games work fine.

CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:08 PM   #102
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
Just got Beyond: Two Souls on the cheap for $17.99.

I've been looking forward to playing this for quite some time. But it keeps crashing. At first I couldn't make it past the installation screen, so I deleted and re-installed the game, got to the main menu, great. But now when trying to start a new game, It just sits on a black screen and freezes.

What the hell. The disc is clean with no cracks or scratches. It can't be my Ps3, I just bought it, and all my other games work fine.
That doesn't mean anything. It could very well be your PS3. I had a similar issue with Resistance 3, that I bought brand new. It was so bad that the only way I could play it was to join someone's co-op game online bc my PS3 couldn't run it 90% of the time for whatever reason. You can try exchanging it for a different copy but that may or may not fix the issue. If you had to download a patch, try deleting that. Also try disconnecting from PSN. Sorry to hear this.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:47 PM   #103
CJ
Omellete Du Fromage

I still use dialup, so I can't download any patches or system updates through PSN. :|

Old 09-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #104
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
I still use dialup, so I can't download any patches or system updates through PSN. :|
Dang that sucks. If this was an issue close to launch, it may have been fixed via a patch. If you have access to broadband through a family member or friend, Id suggest trying to download it from there

Old 09-29-2014, 01:19 AM   #105
CJ
Omellete Du Fromage

Exchanged it for another copy, seems to be working fine now.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #106
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sony finally announced release dates. Next Tuesday for Beyond and March 1st for Heavy Rain. Man that's BS. I thought they were coming out together as a bundle. Why put the subpar game first? They should have gone with release order

Hello, PlayStation fans. I’m pleased to announce that Beyond: Two Souls is coming to PS4 next week, complete with graphical improvements and new fan-requested features. You’ll be able to download it from PlayStation Store starting November 24th for $29.99.
Players will have another chance to experience the story of Jodie Holmes (played, excellently, by Ellen Page), a young woman who possesses supernatural powers through her psychic link to an invisible entity. Holmes’ journey is intertwined with the complex Dr. Dawkins (brought to life by the inimitable Willem Dafoe), on PS4.

The PS4 edition of the game features a number of improvements:
  • Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity.
  • Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players.
  • Once you have completed Beyond: Two Souls, you will be able to replay the game in chronological order — a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
  • Increased difficulty in certain fight scene, combined with improved controls for action sequences.
  • Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC.

We can also now confirm that Heavy Rain will be coming to PS4 digitally next year on March 1st. For those attending PlayStation Experience this year, you’ll be able to get hands-on time with both Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain.

What’s more, those who purchase Beyond: Two Souls digitally will be entitled to download Heavy Rain on PS4 when it releases at a discount.

We really hope you enjoy revisiting these games or experiencing them for the first time!

Not liking that you have to beat the game in order to play it in chronological order. That should be unlocked from the start IMO

Old 11-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #107
Galactus123
Side-Kick

I will definitely buy this. I haven't got a change to play this or Heavy Rain because I don't have PS3. Fahrenheit is one of my favorite games of all time so I'm really interested to play this. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Not liking that you have to beat the game in order to play it in chronological order. That should be unlocked from the start IMO
It looks like it's unlocked from the start. They updated the article:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...out-next-year/

"Update: An earlier version of this post stated that players would have to complete the game before being able to play it in chronological order. This feature is unlocked from the start of the game."

Last edited by Galactus123; 11-19-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Galactus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:30 PM   #108
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
I will definitely buy this. I haven't got a change to play this or Heavy Rain because I don't have PS3. Fahrenheit is one of my favorite games of all time so I'm really interested to play this. Can't wait!

It looks like it's unlocked from the start. They updated the article:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...out-next-year/

"Update: An earlier version of this post stated that players would have to complete the game before being able to play it in chronological order. This feature is unlocked from the start of the game."
Thanks! I wasnt a fan of the game and the out of order story was part of the reason for it. If i were to play again, Id rather play chronologically from the start instead of the confusing way they had intended

Old 11-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #109
Galactus123
Side-Kick

I wish they would port Fahrenheit(Indigo Propechy) on PS4 too. They released a remastered version of it on PC not long ago so they could use that.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:51 PM   #110
Havok83
Side-Kick

I do too. I never checked out the remaster even though I planned to. I remember being thrilled for it bc I no longer have a PS2 to play it and the original PC port was terrible. I couldnt get the controls to map properly to my gamepad and the mouse setup was horrible when it came to the QTE, making it near impossible to get past this one scene in the apartment. I eventually gave up on that

Old 11-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #111
Galactus123
Side-Kick

I started the game today and played few hours. Amazing game! The characters look so real and I have liked the story so far.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:08 PM   #112
Galactus123
Side-Kick

I just finished the game on PS4. It was really good. Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe gave amazing performances. Overall the game was great but there were some not so good things. I liked the game but the quick time events can be very annoying. Sometimes it's hard to tell what way is right when you have to dodge things with the right stick. I also didnt like how
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the game went too scifi near the end and the army thing wasn't very believable. I hated the Somalia mission because I didn't like how they did the sneaking at all. What where they thinking? My favorite chapter was the one where Jodie was homeless.

Last edited by Galactus123; 12-11-2015 at 06:13 PM.