The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Old 08-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #26
SuperHeroesCoC
Banned User

Default Re: Time for Atomic Action-The Brandon Routh IS Ray Palmer/Atom Thread

In the comic, did Atom have natural power to shrink himself?

SuperHeroesCoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #27
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

No, it's all part of his suit.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:36 PM   #28
Man of Steel
Superman

I thought he did, but he relied on the belt to regulate it so he didn't die, since everyone else that shrank using the white dwarf matter died.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #29
ThePreface
Side-Kick

Could be just me, but in the last Arrow the ATOM armor looked bulkier. Hopefully that's the case. It needs to look more functional and less plastic IMO.

Like an Afghani kid without a home
Blew that b*** up with a drone
An Iraqi with no daddy
A Palestinian throwing stones
What the f*** you think they call them
I'ma leave that all alone
ThePreface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:07 PM   #30
O'Haire
Awesome

Brandon is on the latest Fatman on Batman podcast talking Legends, Superman and a bunch of other stuff. Really great listen.

O'Haire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:40 AM   #31
LL2K2
Maid of Might

Routh will be a guest on "The Real" this coming Monday, 1/25. http://thereal.com/episodes/adventur...brandon-routh/

Check your local listings for the time in your area. Repeats air on BET at 1 a.m. EST.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:28 PM   #32
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Something that bothered me about the pilot. Ray Palmer has shrinking tech. Why didn't he just take his ATOM suit with him in his pocket? Instead of leaving it on the ship with the the two superfelons and the resurrected assassin?

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:03 PM   #33
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS

Now that Ray has the shrinking tech, I would really like them to make him less Iron Man, and more Atom. Maybe he should strip the armour back to help range of motion. Keep the foot thrusters, and a belt for changing size...

Old 01-29-2016, 03:05 PM   #34
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I get that people don't like the Iron Man version of him. I don't either. But the current version is a decent trade-off I feel- making sure it identifies itself separately from Ant-Man and Iron Man. It's not the perfect scenario but I'm fine with how the powers of the character are represented ATM.

aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:31 PM   #35
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I don't see how people think Ray's suit a rip on Iron Man. They are both exoskeletons true, but Hyundai and a Phantom are cars too. However nobody evera compare one to the other because other than them both being cars they don't have anything else in common.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #36
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
I don't see how people think Ray's suit a rip on Iron Man. They are both exoskeletons true, but Hyundai and a Phantom are cars too. However nobody evera compare one to the other because other than them both being cars they don't have anything else in common.
Okay. First of all, Hyundai is a car-making company while Phantom is one of Rolls Royce's car brands. So, apples and oranges.

Second, it's understandable that this comparison was made since the power sets of the suits, which you rightly point out are exoskeleton based, are very similar and is worn by people who also appear to be similar- genius, billionaire inventors. AND add to that ATOM's suit had nothing to do with the comic book version's powers at least in the beginning.

I'll give you an example just to clarify where what you said would apply- Edge of Tomorrow and Elysium also use exo-suits but no-one would say they are similar. Because beyond them being exo-suis, they really don't have anything in common. That's not a fact for ATOM v1 which was indeed similar to the Iron Man suit.

aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:19 PM   #37
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Okay. First of all, Hyundai is a car-making company while Phantom is one of Rolls Royce's car brands. So, apples and oranges.

Second, it's understandable that this comparison was made since the power sets of the suits, which you rightly point out are exoskeleton based, are very similar and is worn by people who also appear to be similar- genius, billionaire inventors. AND add to that ATOM's suit had nothing to do with the comic book version's powers at least in the beginning.

I'll give you an example just to clarify where what you said would apply- Edge of Tomorrow and Elysium also use exo-suits but no-one would say they are similar. Because beyond them being exo-suis, they really don't have anything in common. That's not a fact for ATOM v1 which was indeed similar to the Iron Man suit.
I said Ray's suit and Iron Man's suit, I never tried compare their characterization. The only thing I was talking about was their suit and what those have in common.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:42 PM   #38
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Well, yes but actually a Phantom is a Rolls Royce model, not one of its 'brands'. And regardless, there is not a single Hyundai model that would be confused with any Rolls Royce model.

I certainly don't see 'Iron Man' when I see Routh's Atom suit, but I suppose nongeeks might think it's howevera cheap tv knock-off.

Personally, I'd really love it if they paired back the armour and 'power' aspects for a more streamlined version.

Both fun.
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #39
coluanprime
Side-Kick

My two cents: I quite like the Atom suit and think it looks good. I think the "Iron man" upgrades make sense.

Questions about the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Want to settle a debate? Looking for images? Visit the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki! The most accurate and comprehensive Marvel Movie and TV show wiki!
coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:09 AM   #40
zenith16
Side-Kick

DC Universe Online : Brandon The Atom Routh Checks Into XB1 Version

Posted May 18, 2016

Brandon "The Atom" Routh met up with Daybreak's Jens Andersen to play DC Universe Online via XBox One.

Quote:
The pair talk movies, DC characters, acting and even spend some time creating awesome characters before heading into the game together. You can check it all out below and let us know what you think in the comments.(Their comments in MMORPG.Com)

Permalink | 1 Comment

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#ZHatWWpUPZpj8RhC.99

source:MMORPG.com

[/QUOTE] From : DC Universe Online ( Last Page)

zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 01:29 AM   #41
Sawyer
High King

Cisco mentioned making some upgrades to the suit, I wonder if it might eventually look a little more like the armor they're using on Ryan Choi in the comics now...

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:38 PM   #42
storyteller
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
Something that bothered me about the pilot. Ray Palmer has shrinking tech. Why didn't he just take his ATOM suit with him in his pocket? Instead of leaving it on the ship with the the two superfelons and the resurrected assassin?

Obviously this was way back when. But Ray sometimes leaves the suit to avoid revealing it to the past.

We all know the reason why the suit hasn't changed. The thing was expensive and they aren't ready to built a new one while the old one still has use.

I think once they get the go ahead they will drastically reduce the armor.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #43
TheRedWraith
Ex-DCEU Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
Obviously this was way back when. But Ray sometimes leaves the suit to avoid revealing it to the past.

We all know the reason why the suit hasn't changed. The thing was expensive and they aren't ready to built a new one while the old one still has use.

I think once they get the go ahead they will drastically reduce the armor.
I could easily have seen some easy fixes like getting a new under layer and recoloring certain parts to reduce the black and rebalance the colors to massively improve what already exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.
TheRedWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #44
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Well, yes but actually a Phantom is a Rolls Royce model, not one of its 'brands'. And regardless, there is not a single Hyundai model that would be confused with any Rolls Royce model.

I certainly don't see 'Iron Man' when I see Routh's Atom suit, but I suppose nongeeks might think it's howevera cheap tv knock-off.

Personally, I'd really love it if they paired back the armour and 'power' aspects for a more streamlined version.
They're both full body covering suits of metal armour. (oh, except rays face is visible). Also, thrusters/jets, "repulsor" like blasts from the hands. Basically everything the Iron Man suit does, Ray's also does, plus he can shrink.

People see that, because before the Iron Man film, none of those things above (except for shrink) were elements of Ray Palmers character. But Iron Man became a household name, so it was easy to play on what people liked about him. (plus, it's easier to explain putting someone in a super suit, if they needed to build the tech.)