The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Old 10-24-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
Blitzkrieg
Super Hero Girls

Default DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 4: “Abominations”

Quote:
SURVIVAL — When the Legends discover a time Aberration in 1863, they find themselves fighting for survival during the Civil War with Confederate soldiers who have been turned into zombies. With the Civil War outcome hanging in the balance, Jax (Franz Drameh) must participate in a daring mission by going to a slave plantation with Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers). Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) begins to feel the burden of the decisions she has to make as the leader, and Ray (Brandon Routh) struggles to find his purpose on the team. Victor Garber, Dominic Purcell and Nick Zano also star.

Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Ray Utarnachitt (#204).

Original airdate 11/03/2016.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:35 PM   #2
Blitzkrieg
Super Hero Girls

Default Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 4: “Abominations”

Old 10-24-2016, 08:21 PM   #3
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

I don't know why they felt the need to include zombies in this. It would've been interesting enough just being about the civil war.

Old 10-25-2016, 12:34 AM   #4
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I don't know why they felt the need to include zombies in this. It would've been interesting enough just being about the civil war.
there always need to be something extra weird created by the villain's other wise the heroes(Fire storm, atom and now Citizen steel ) will have too easy of a time and the writers can't have that. which is why we had the hawk hybrids that Jackson almost fully became in the racist 50's small town. it's the same deal here.

zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #5
Blitzkrieg
Super Hero Girls

Old 11-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #6
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Don't you love when someone is on the verge of death long enough to deliver a message? Even part of it?

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #7
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Why are they all of a sudden worried about changing history? Since the first episode they've been running around doing whatever they want without so much of a care in the world.

They are seriously under utilizing Vixens powers. She can channel any animal in the world. Be as fast as a cheetah and knock that guy to his feet. Channel a chameleon and blend in with her surroundings.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:40 PM   #8
Morg
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Doc sure has a fear of zombies...

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:58 PM   #9
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Well, that was unexpected. Not the direction I expected the show to take Palmer in right now, but interesting that Mick would come to trust Ray enough to give him Snart's Cold Gun. However, I am intrigued to see how this goes.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:07 PM   #10
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

While this was one of the better episodes this season, it surely highlighted the shows problems. The boring thing is, is that they get off scot free. The future isn't being effected at all, it is getting extremely routine at this point.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:39 PM   #11
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Well, that was unexpected. Not the direction I expected the show to take Palmer in right now, but interesting that Mick would come to trust Ray enough to give him Snart's Cold Gun. However, I am intrigued to see how this goes.
that won't last long through the season but I saw this coming they want him to be not so dependent on that (iron man )suit he built. and it's buddy time for him and mick .

sadly i wish he had learned his martial (jujitsu and akido )art's in japan since they are from samuri art's and became closer to the comic version of him self and smarted up more .

any way's he'll have new suit by the time the dominators come about for the big crossover.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:45 PM   #12
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
While this was one of the better episodes this season, it surely highlighted the shows problems. The boring thing is, is that they get off scot free. The future isn't being effected at all, it is getting extremely routine at this point.
yeah it's only cause jackson posed as the guy they still let get killed after saving him from zombies in the first place. . which I don't how htye let that happened. y notice the soldiers get back and sara and charge at them once see they are zombies and after mick finally use a rock to take ones head off saving jackson that guy has bayonet in his abbs. so they saved him for nothing.

that was the main time affect here it was that deliverer. to stop the confederate army .

Old 11-03-2016, 10:57 PM   #13
famicommander
Side-Kick

Annoyed at how Grant was portrayed... like he was some kind of humanitarian.

He was an abusive drunk who owned slaves himself at the time the war broke out. Just because he fought for the Union doesn't mean he was a good person.

famicommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:43 PM   #14
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post

He was an abusive drunk who owned slaves himself at the time the war broke out. Just because he fought for the Union doesn't mean he was a good person.
as we aw with japan last week it's obvious this show writers and producer don't care too much about accuracy. like that showgun last being killed earlier then he should have. but they linked him to katana ancestor and trying wipe katana's blood line I my self being black person I agree. but my main family are Nigerian while ther half from fathers side are also mixed with other races in north america white,& asian .

I'm not overly happy about this. but I'm not overly surprised ether. and their not the first show to do this ether .

Old 11-04-2016, 12:46 AM   #15
Artorias
Side-Kick

Thought this was a the best episode so far this season, very entertaining. The Zombie Mick subplot was hilarious and it looks like the bromance between Mick and Ray is set to continue.

One thing though, did they ever catch the space pirate who caused the infection, I don't think I caught that unless he died (again) when Steel blew up all the zombies.

Artorias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:53 AM   #16
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
Thought this was a the best episode so far this season, very entertaining. The Zombie Mick subplot was hilarious and it looks like the bromance between Mick and Ray is set to continue.

One thing though, did they ever catch the space pirate who caused the infection, I don't think I caught that unless he died (again) when Steel blew up all the zombies.
No one saw him since the confed's captured him and he started turning Zombie in their faces.

Sara said every that was ever infected isn't any more and they are just fight normal racist soldiers . so she claimed things were back to normal. so to the writers of this show the stories done .

I know it's open ended in our view but this isn't the first time some ceratin comic writers (the really bad ones ) these days (which have gotten on these live action shows) have done that sadly. And I bet it won't ever be addressed. even if they left a blaring dangler like that.

I don't know why the animate people seem to have better handle on story telling with in an half hour wrapping thing's up while these guys can't . .

Last edited by zenith16; 11-04-2016 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:46 AM   #17
herolee10
No More Miracles

I also thought that tonight's episode was one of this season's strongest entries yet.

If anything, I'd rank it as my favorite episode (thus far) for Season 2.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:05 AM   #18
Snow Queen
4AF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Why are they all of a sudden worried about changing history? Since the first episode they've been running around doing whatever they want without so much of a care in the world.
I thought they had abandoned that around the point samurais were running around in the Atom armour, but then it reared it's head again and it only serves to cause attention to the fact they've done about as much damage to the timeline as the villains have, but the villains don't have the power of the writing saying nothing change in the future on their side.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:16 AM   #19
divan
Side-Kick

Every contrivance they use to make Firestorm completely useless. Goddammit.

I just can't. I hate what this show's become. I hate the cardboard cutouts the characters have become, I hate how they try to elevate creatively sterile stories with VFX that don't even look good anymore (in fact, they're embarrasing to watch - Who thought the Nazi Hulk was presentable), I hate they don't even have what can even pass for a semblance of "rules" and yet lack any kind of self-awareness to admit how (unintentionally) surrealistic the show's become (unlike, say, Doctor Who), I hate they present everything they do as "drama" yet most episodes seem like filler.

I'm done for the most part. I'll watch the crossovers and perhaps catch it up if the Legion of Doom appears more interesting, but this four episodes are the worst the Arrowverse has to offer, up there with Arrow S4B.

divan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:49 AM   #20
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

I enjoyed Jackson going Django on the plantation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post

I just can't. I hate what this show's become. I hate the cardboard cutouts the characters have become, I hate how they try to elevate creatively sterile stories with VFX that don't even look good anymore (in fact, they're embarrasing to watch - Who thought the Nazi Hulk was presentable), I hate they don't even have what can even pass for a semblance of "rules" and yet lack any kind of self-awareness to admit how (unintentionally) surrealistic the show's become (unlike, say, Doctor Who), I hate they present everything they do as "drama" yet most episodes seem like filler.

I'm done for the most part. I'll watch the crossovers and perhaps catch it up if the Legion of Doom appears more interesting, but this four episodes are the worst the Arrowverse has to offer, up there with Arrow S4B.
You can tell they have a limited VFX budget because they often come up with excuses for characters to not use FX heavy powers.

I think Mick completely forgot he had a flame thrower when the zombies rushed them and Citizen Steel could of just pulverized the zombies himself without getting bitten.

Firestorm hardly shows up and when he does he is ineffectual. Even if they had the budget for the use of the characters powers I don't think the writers are cleaver enough to create jeopardy that doesn't require the characters making stupid mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post

It was evident from the get go that this would not be a historically accurate show. The characters in the show are very simplistic in their portrayal.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:52 AM   #21
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

I thought the slavery stuff was pretty decent, but the zombie stuff was poorly handled.

Why did zombie Rory not eat Ray? He didn't even bite him. So he comes up on Ray and just knocks him out and then leaves him there and walks away? Seriously what the hell was that? Just terrible.

SpocksBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #22
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post
I thought the slavery stuff was pretty decent, but the zombie stuff was poorly handled.

Why did zombie Rory not eat Ray? He didn't even bite him. So he comes up on Ray and just knocks him out and then leaves him there and walks away? Seriously what the hell was that? Just terrible.
That, and why did they not use Gideon to track Rory, after they noticed that he escaped? No, let's run around blind and ignore the AI that is able to monitor the entire ship.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:50 PM   #23
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I'm surprised they went as far as they did with slavery and race. It was a good episode though overall.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #24
Blitzkrieg
Super Hero Girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post

I totally agree with this.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #25
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
I'm surprised they went as far as they did with slavery and race. It was a good episode though overall.
It did come off as darker (not a pun) and more serious than the usual stories.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote