The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #276
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
The Aquaman movie depends on if JL features him, and if he becomes the audience favorite like the Hulk in Avengers. He has a lot of potential to steal the show if they allow him to surprise the audience with badass action scenes.
yup same can be said for WW

Old 11-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #277
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Yeah that is pretty frustrating. I was really looking forward to a Superman movie which would feature the first meeting of Superman and Lex WITHOUT Batman. Their first meeting is kind of tainted now that it has to be in a teamup movie.

I think it would've been nice to have gotten another Superman movie before BvS, but i'm just so excited to see a new Batman so I'm biased.

If MOS would've been a origin story featuring the Daily Planet, Lex Luthor and Brainiac, people would've been a lot happier if that led into a BvS movie. Maybe not though.
im not entirely sure Lex is going to be in this movie.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #278
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Yeah that is pretty frustrating. I was really looking forward to a Superman movie which would feature the first meeting of Superman and Lex WITHOUT Batman. Their first meeting is kind of tainted now that it has to be in a teamup movie.

I think it would've been nice to have gotten another Superman movie before BvS, but i'm just so excited to see a new Batman so I'm biased.

If MOS would've been a origin story featuring the Daily Planet, Lex Luthor and Brainiac, people would've been a lot happier if that led into a BvS movie. Maybe not though.
Exactly. I'm sure Batfans are very happy with this. They get their hero non-stop. They got a trilogy and now this. And I think it might have helped if Supes was less raw going into this. MOS just seemed to need a sequel to complete the transformation of Clark into Superman.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #279
herolee10
No More Miracles

Who else should be in this film as the real villain since I don't think it'd exactly be the best idea if they kept having Batman and Superman go at it until the very end until they finally reach a stalemate, and lord knows that we don't need them teaming up to taken down a Batman-centric villain.

As for Aquaman, well kudos to whoever is given that burden in making it happen because from what I've noticed, there's a lot of things from Aquaman's mythology that's somewhat similar in a way to Thor, so to present him and his world in a new and fresh way would be a challenge.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #280
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Exactly. I'm sure Batfans are very happy with this. They get their hero non-stop. They got a trilogy and now this. And I think it might have helped if Supes was less raw going into this. MOS just seemed to need a sequel to complete the transformation of Clark into Superman.
Agreed...I mean it felt like we ended at a cliffhanger for MOS. There's still SO MUCH MORE that has yet to be explored and discovered from Superman's world.

And yeah, I doubt Batman fans will be disappointed with this film in the long run. They've already gotten their standalone successful franchise that made new cornerstones for Comic Book Genre Films and now they're getting a more comics oriented Batman who will be able to compete alongside Superman and maybe even beat him.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #281
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Who else should be in this film as the real villain since I don't think it'd exactly be the best idea if they kept having Batman and Superman go at it until the very end until they finally reach a stalemate, and lord knows that we don't need them teaming up to taken down a Batman-centric villain.

As for Aquaman, well kudos to whoever is given that burden in making it happen because from what I've noticed, there's a lot of things from Aquaman's mythology that's somewhat similar in a way to Thor, so to present him and his world in a new and fresh way would be a challenge.
I don't know it's just a feeling I have.

I really like Johns current run on Aquaman and would like to see that adapted.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #282
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep, Superman needs more character development but it seems that nobody gives a damn.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #283
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
It's not fair!

But in all seriousness, everything was perfectly set up for the Lex/Superman epic clash of wills that could go on for multiple movies.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #284
roach
I am the night

Quote:

And yeah, I doubt Batman fans will be disappointed with this film in the long run. They've already gotten their standalone successful franchise that made new cornerstones for Comic Book Genre Films and now they're getting a more comics oriented Batman who will be able to compete alongside Superman and maybe even beat him.
but we don't know if we aren't getting a MOS2.
Can't we be happy that Superman is ushering in the DCCU?
Can't we be happy that Superman will lead the Justice League?
Can't we be happy that Superman and Batman will fight in a universe that doesn't have Kryptonite?

Old 11-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #285
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
Yep, Superman needs more character development but it seems that nobody gives a damn.
How do you know he won't get more character development?

Old 11-09-2013, 01:49 AM   #286
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Can't we be happy that Superman and Batman will fight in a universe that doesn't have Kryptonite?
The first may be true, and I guess that's all right.
The 2nd may or may not happen. Batman or someone else could lead.
The 3rd may not be true. There could be kryptonite. How else would Batman even fight? Unless he had some hackneyed gadget with the same function as Kryptonite.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #287
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
But in all seriousness, everything was perfectly set up for the Lex/Superman epic clash of wills that could go on for multiple movies.
Yes it was. And I wanna see it.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:51 AM   #288
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
it may be your perception but it's wrong. MOS made the amount of money that WB thought it was going to.
WB wanted it to be 'more than their expectation'. Not to badmouth MOS, because I think it is a great movie; one of the best in 2013, but it didnt recieve good by the audiences. It had poor legs n no nomination by the people choices awards. Remember when Nolan batman movies, they swept all.

My point is they have no enough confidence in another solo superman film. Batman is here to help. So don't complain on batman. N I'm not a batman fan.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #289
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Quote:
The first may be true, and I guess that's all right.
The 2nd may or may not happen. Batman or someone else could lead.
The 3rd may not be true. There could be kryptonite. How else would Batman even fight? Unless he had some hackneyed gadget with the same function as Kryptonite.
Yeah, it's not exactly guaranteed that Superman will lead the Justice League...I mean there are some hints that it COULD happen, with what Jor-el said in "MOS" about Superman leading humanity to greater heights, or the fact that if you consider "Milo" to be Superman from the shooting title (Milo is a leader, has confidence and discipline), then yeah he could be the leader someday.

Also, it's possible that they may allow Batman to kick superman's ass in order to ensure to audiences that Batman can beat up any god-like being within the DCU.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #290
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
No. I want Superman and Batman to be awesome, snarky bros that banter and kick ass and take names together. I'm not here for any Frank Milleresque-GD BatGOD and bumbling loser stooge Stuperman who BatGOD "knocks from his pedestal". Eff this versus crap! It's a huge gimmicky load.

Last edited by lc23; 11-09-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:56 AM   #291
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
WB wanted it to be 'more than their expectation'. Not to badmouth MOS, because I think it is a great movie; one of the best in 2013, but it didnt recieve good by the audiences. It had poor legs n no nomination by the people choices awards. Remember when Nolan batman movies, they swept all.

My point is they have no enough confidence in another solo superman film. Batman is here to help. So don't complain on batman. N I'm not a batman fan.
If they think that Batman is such a big seller, they should have just release a new Batman film in 2015 with Affleck and do a MOS sequel in 2016.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #292
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed...I mean it felt like we ended at a cliffhanger for MOS. There's still SO MUCH MORE that has yet to be explored and discovered from Superman's world.

To us who think MOS as one of the best superman or even superhero movie ever made, we see potential, huge gold mines to be explored. But to the bosses, they don't watch movie. They study numbers, figures n statistics.

It is just unfortunate that their statistics doesn't match with what we see.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:04 AM   #293
herolee10
No More Miracles

That's the thing though, anyone with COMMON SENSE would know that MOS was not a box office failure. You make it sound like Warner Bros viewed MOS as a failure, thus they brought in Batman to save a dying franchise.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:05 AM   #294
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

I'm STILL MAD that BEWARE THE BATMAN is/might be cancelled GRRRRRR

Old 11-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #295
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
If they think that Batman is such a big seller, they should have just release a new Batman film in 2015 with Affleck and do a MOS sequel in 2016.
Completely agree with u. They should go the spidey route; huge confidence in spidey n was announced 4 sequels. But we r talking WB n DC here. They r chickens.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #296
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's the thing though, anyone with COMMON SENSE would know that MOS was not a box office failure. You make it sound like Warner Bros viewed MOS as a failure, thus they brought in Batman to save a dying franchise.
I've never mean to say that. It is just that MOS hasn't proved superman a gold laying goose yet. To those bosses, putting in batman made their investment more secure n ease in mind.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #297
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
I've never mean to say that. It is just that MOS hasn't proved superman a gold laying goose yet. To those bosses, putting in batman made their investment more secure n ease in mind.
Have you talked to these bosses?

Old 11-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #298
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Have you even calculated the numbers man?

Domestic theatres keep ~50% of receipts.
Foreign theatres keep ~70% of receipts.
Then, Jon Peters takes in 5% of what comes in as his royalty.
Then, cover a 225 million dollar budget, not including 150-200 million in marketing expenses, but there was a claim of 160 million in product placement.

Work out the numbers, profit is not very high, maybe a few tens of millions, then subtract opportunity cost.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #299
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Have you even calculated the numbers man?

Domestic theatres keep ~50% of receipts.
Foreign theatres keep ~70% of receipts.
Then, Jon Peters takes in 5% of what comes in as his royalty.
Then, cover a 225 million dollar budget, not including 150-200 million in marketing expenses, but there was a claim of 160 million in product placement.

Work out the numbers, profit is not very high, maybe a few tens of millions, then subtract opportunity cost.
It still gave a better profit than other films though; Iron Man 1, Thor 1, Captain America: The First Avenger, Batman Begins, etc.

To deem MOS a financial failure or medicore box office would be stupid.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #300
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

WW BO, plus Blu-ray/dvd sales (which are not even out in N. America yet) and syndication deals, plus merchandizing of all kinds, plus the effect just having a new big Superman product out has on all the previous out put of product. You don't think MOS has caused some people to buy older Supes movies and merch? Yeah I think MOS has layed quite a few golden eggs. If it is also responsible for spawning a viable DCCU for WB to tap for big tentpole franchises, then they have enough eggs to have omelette everyday for a while.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
Closed Thread