The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #276
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 46,714
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
The Aquaman movie depends on if JL features him, and if he becomes the audience favorite like the Hulk in Avengers. He has a lot of potential to steal the show if they allow him to surprise the audience with badass action scenes.
yup same can be said for WW

__________________
Journeying to the Undying Lands in the West
So Long and thanks for all the fish
roach is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #277
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 46,714
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Yeah that is pretty frustrating. I was really looking forward to a Superman movie which would feature the first meeting of Superman and Lex WITHOUT Batman. Their first meeting is kind of tainted now that it has to be in a teamup movie.

I think it would've been nice to have gotten another Superman movie before BvS, but i'm just so excited to see a new Batman so I'm biased.

If MOS would've been a origin story featuring the Daily Planet, Lex Luthor and Brainiac, people would've been a lot happier if that led into a BvS movie. Maybe not though.
im not entirely sure Lex is going to be in this movie.

__________________
Journeying to the Undying Lands in the West
So Long and thanks for all the fish
roach is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #278
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 12,337
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Yeah that is pretty frustrating. I was really looking forward to a Superman movie which would feature the first meeting of Superman and Lex WITHOUT Batman. Their first meeting is kind of tainted now that it has to be in a teamup movie.

I think it would've been nice to have gotten another Superman movie before BvS, but i'm just so excited to see a new Batman so I'm biased.

If MOS would've been a origin story featuring the Daily Planet, Lex Luthor and Brainiac, people would've been a lot happier if that led into a BvS movie. Maybe not though.
Exactly. I'm sure Batfans are very happy with this. They get their hero non-stop. They got a trilogy and now this. And I think it might have helped if Supes was less raw going into this. MOS just seemed to need a sequel to complete the transformation of Clark into Superman.

MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #279
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,035
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Who else should be in this film as the real villain since I don't think it'd exactly be the best idea if they kept having Batman and Superman go at it until the very end until they finally reach a stalemate, and lord knows that we don't need them teaming up to taken down a Batman-centric villain.

As for Aquaman, well kudos to whoever is given that burden in making it happen because from what I've noticed, there's a lot of things from Aquaman's mythology that's somewhat similar in a way to Thor, so to present him and his world in a new and fresh way would be a challenge.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #280
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,035
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Exactly. I'm sure Batfans are very happy with this. They get their hero non-stop. They got a trilogy and now this. And I think it might have helped if Supes was less raw going into this. MOS just seemed to need a sequel to complete the transformation of Clark into Superman.
Agreed...I mean it felt like we ended at a cliffhanger for MOS. There's still SO MUCH MORE that has yet to be explored and discovered from Superman's world.

And yeah, I doubt Batman fans will be disappointed with this film in the long run. They've already gotten their standalone successful franchise that made new cornerstones for Comic Book Genre Films and now they're getting a more comics oriented Batman who will be able to compete alongside Superman and maybe even beat him.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #281
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 46,714
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Who else should be in this film as the real villain since I don't think it'd exactly be the best idea if they kept having Batman and Superman go at it until the very end until they finally reach a stalemate, and lord knows that we don't need them teaming up to taken down a Batman-centric villain.

As for Aquaman, well kudos to whoever is given that burden in making it happen because from what I've noticed, there's a lot of things from Aquaman's mythology that's somewhat similar in a way to Thor, so to present him and his world in a new and fresh way would be a challenge.
I don't know it's just a feeling I have.

I really like Johns current run on Aquaman and would like to see that adapted.

__________________
Journeying to the Undying Lands in the West
So Long and thanks for all the fish
roach is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #282
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Exactly. I'm sure Batfans are very happy with this. They get their hero non-stop. They got a trilogy and now this. And I think it might have helped if Supes was less raw going into this. MOS just seemed to need a sequel to complete the transformation of Clark into Superman.
Yep, Superman needs more character development but it seems that nobody gives a damn.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #283
lc23
Fan of Steel
 
lc23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,510
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Exactly. I'm sure Batfans are very happy with this. They get their hero non-stop. They got a trilogy and now this. And I think it might have helped if Supes was less raw going into this. MOS just seemed to need a sequel to complete the transformation of Clark into Superman.
It's not fair!



But in all seriousness, everything was perfectly set up for the Lex/Superman epic clash of wills that could go on for multiple movies.

lc23 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #284
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 46,714
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

And yeah, I doubt Batman fans will be disappointed with this film in the long run. They've already gotten their standalone successful franchise that made new cornerstones for Comic Book Genre Films and now they're getting a more comics oriented Batman who will be able to compete alongside Superman and maybe even beat him.
but we don't know if we aren't getting a MOS2.
Can't we be happy that Superman is ushering in the DCCU?
Can't we be happy that Superman will lead the Justice League?
Can't we be happy that Superman and Batman will fight in a universe that doesn't have Kryptonite?

__________________
Journeying to the Undying Lands in the West
So Long and thanks for all the fish
roach is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #285
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hollywood
Posts: 46,714
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
Yep, Superman needs more character development but it seems that nobody gives a damn.
How do you know he won't get more character development?

__________________
Journeying to the Undying Lands in the West
So Long and thanks for all the fish
roach is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:49 AM   #286
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 12,337
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
but we don't know if we aren't getting a MOS2.
Can't we be happy that Superman is ushering in the DCCU?
Can't we be happy that Superman will lead the Justice League?
Can't we be happy that Superman and Batman will fight in a universe that doesn't have Kryptonite?
The first may be true, and I guess that's all right.
The 2nd may or may not happen. Batman or someone else could lead.
The 3rd may not be true. There could be kryptonite. How else would Batman even fight? Unless he had some hackneyed gadget with the same function as Kryptonite.

MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #287
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 12,337
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
But in all seriousness, everything was perfectly set up for the Lex/Superman epic clash of wills that could go on for multiple movies.
Yes it was. And I wanna see it.

MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:51 AM   #288
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,566
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
it may be your perception but it's wrong. MOS made the amount of money that WB thought it was going to.
WB wanted it to be 'more than their expectation'. Not to badmouth MOS, because I think it is a great movie; one of the best in 2013, but it didnt recieve good by the audiences. It had poor legs n no nomination by the people choices awards. Remember when Nolan batman movies, they swept all.

My point is they have no enough confidence in another solo superman film. Batman is here to help. So don't complain on batman. N I'm not a batman fan.

sf2 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #289
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,035
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
but we don't know if we aren't getting a MOS2.
Can't we be happy that Superman is ushering in the DCCU?
Can't we be happy that Superman will lead the Justice League?
Can't we be happy that Superman and Batman will fight in a universe that doesn't have Kryptonite?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
The first may be true, and I guess that's all right.
The 2nd may or may not happen. Batman or someone else could lead.
The 3rd may not be true. There could be kryptonite. How else would Batman even fight? Unless he had some hackneyed gadget with the same function as Kryptonite.
Yeah, it's not exactly guaranteed that Superman will lead the Justice League...I mean there are some hints that it COULD happen, with what Jor-el said in "MOS" about Superman leading humanity to greater heights, or the fact that if you consider "Milo" to be Superman from the shooting title (Milo is a leader, has confidence and discipline), then yeah he could be the leader someday.

Also, it's possible that they may allow Batman to kick superman's ass in order to ensure to audiences that Batman can beat up any god-like being within the DCU.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #290
lc23
Fan of Steel
 
lc23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,510
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
but we don't know if we aren't getting a MOS2.
Can't we be happy that Superman is ushering in the DCCU?
Can't we be happy that Superman will lead the Justice League?
Can't we be happy that Superman and Batman will fight in a universe that doesn't have Kryptonite?
No. I want Superman and Batman to be awesome, snarky bros that banter and kick ass and take names together. I'm not here for any Frank Milleresque-GD BatGOD and bumbling loser stooge Stuperman who BatGOD "knocks from his pedestal". Eff this versus crap! It's a huge gimmicky load.


Last edited by lc23; 11-09-2013 at 01:58 AM.
lc23 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:56 AM   #291
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,035
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
WB wanted it to be 'more than their expectation'. Not to badmouth MOS, because I think it is a great movie; one of the best in 2013, but it didnt recieve good by the audiences. It had poor legs n no nomination by the people choices awards. Remember when Nolan batman movies, they swept all.

My point is they have no enough confidence in another solo superman film. Batman is here to help. So don't complain on batman. N I'm not a batman fan.
If they think that Batman is such a big seller, they should have just release a new Batman film in 2015 with Affleck and do a MOS sequel in 2016.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #292
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,566
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed...I mean it felt like we ended at a cliffhanger for MOS. There's still SO MUCH MORE that has yet to be explored and discovered from Superman's world.

And yeah, I doubt Batman fans will be disappointed with this film in the long run. They've already gotten their standalone successful franchise that made new cornerstones for Comic Book Genre Films and now they're getting a more comics oriented Batman who will be able to compete alongside Superman and maybe even beat him.
To us who think MOS as one of the best superman or even superhero movie ever made, we see potential, huge gold mines to be explored. But to the bosses, they don't watch movie. They study numbers, figures n statistics.

It is just unfortunate that their statistics doesn't match with what we see.

sf2 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:04 AM   #293
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,035
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

That's the thing though, anyone with COMMON SENSE would know that MOS was not a box office failure. You make it sound like Warner Bros viewed MOS as a failure, thus they brought in Batman to save a dying franchise.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:05 AM   #294
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja
 
MagnarTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,170
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

I'm STILL MAD that BEWARE THE BATMAN is/might be cancelled GRRRRRR

MagnarTheGreat is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #295
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,566
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If they think that Batman is such a big seller, they should have just release a new Batman film in 2015 with Affleck and do a MOS sequel in 2016.
Completely agree with u. They should go the spidey route; huge confidence in spidey n was announced 4 sequels. But we r talking WB n DC here. They r chickens.

sf2 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #296
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,566
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That's the thing though, anyone with COMMON SENSE would know that MOS was not a box office failure. You make it sound like Warner Bros viewed MOS as a failure, thus they brought in Batman to save a dying franchise.
I've never mean to say that. It is just that MOS hasn't proved superman a gold laying goose yet. To those bosses, putting in batman made their investment more secure n ease in mind.

sf2 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #297
lc23
Fan of Steel
 
lc23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,510
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I've never mean to say that. It is just that MOS hasn't proved superman a gold laying goose yet. To those bosses, putting in batman made their investment more secure n ease in mind.
Have you talked to these bosses?

lc23 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #298
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 10,513
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That's the thing though, anyone with COMMON SENSE would know that MOS was not a box office failure. You make it sound like Warner Bros viewed MOS as a failure, thus they brought in Batman to save a dying franchise.
Have you even calculated the numbers man?

Domestic theatres keep ~50% of receipts.
Foreign theatres keep ~70% of receipts.
Then, Jon Peters takes in 5% of what comes in as his royalty.
Then, cover a 225 million dollar budget, not including 150-200 million in marketing expenses, but there was a claim of 160 million in product placement.

Work out the numbers, profit is not very high, maybe a few tens of millions, then subtract opportunity cost.

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #299
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,035
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Have you even calculated the numbers man?

Domestic theatres keep ~50% of receipts.
Foreign theatres keep ~70% of receipts.
Then, Jon Peters takes in 5% of what comes in as his royalty.
Then, cover a 225 million dollar budget, not including 150-200 million in marketing expenses, but there was a claim of 160 million in product placement.

Work out the numbers, profit is not very high, maybe a few tens of millions, then subtract opportunity cost.
It still gave a better profit than other films though; Iron Man 1, Thor 1, Captain America: The First Avenger, Batman Begins, etc.

To deem MOS a financial failure or medicore box office would be stupid.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #300
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
KRYPTON INC.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 57,168
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I've never mean to say that. It is just that MOS hasn't proved superman a gold laying goose yet. To those bosses, putting in batman made their investment more secure n ease in mind.

WW BO, plus Blu-ray/dvd sales (which are not even out in N. America yet) and syndication deals, plus merchandizing of all kinds, plus the effect just having a new big Superman product out has on all the previous out put of product. You don't think MOS has caused some people to buy older Supes movies and merch? Yeah I think MOS has layed quite a few golden eggs. If it is also responsible for spawning a viable DCCU for WB to tap for big tentpole franchises, then they have enough eggs to have omelette everyday for a while.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.