C'mon Son

Default Re: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Looks trash

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:53 PM   #52
Pennywise
Side-Kick

It’ll probably be quite a while until we get another decent TMNT animated series!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:56 PM   #53
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I like the animation and colors.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #54
eon001
Side-Kick

Animation looks pretty clean. The character designs look a bit off.

I'll give it a chance though. I'd rather they take a risk and fail, than do the same ole thing that's been done before.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:27 PM   #55
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Think the designs look clean, and the animation is off-putting.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:14 AM   #56
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Those are hideous and I don't consider this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles if Raph has a different weapon.

I guess they think Sais are too violent, like how Mike didn't have knunchucks in the Red Sky series because those are illegal weapons. At least they didn't give Raph a grappling hook as a sub I suppose.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:15 AM   #57
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
It’ll probably be quite a while until we get another decent TMNT animated series!
They seem to make a new one every 2-3 years. Unless this bombs then it might be sooner.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:19 AM   #58
Teelie
Incredulous Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
Those are hideous and I don't consider this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles if Raph has a different weapon.

I guess they think Sais are too violent, like how Mike didn't have knunchucks in the Red Sky series because those are illegal weapons. At least they didn't give Raph a grappling hook as a sub I suppose.
That was true because of the UK censorship laws and rather than double animate every scene with Michaelangelo using his knunchucks replaced with the hook they just dropped them entirely near the end for the US version.

This series feels like it is a barrel scraper too. As if they had no better idea than change the lead turtle, change their species to different ones and throw in magic. None of it by itself would necessarily be bad but everything jumbled like it was randomly flung together? Ugh.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:08 AM   #59
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

The theme song.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 06-27-2018, 07:12 AM   #60
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

Even though it’s aimed clearly for the younger audience, I am looking forward to seeing this.

DECEMBER 2018
-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #61
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

This is still my favorite version of the theme song. I like that they basically made a jazz version.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #62
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

"

Old 07-21-2018, 08:48 AM   #63
2kt09
Here 'N' There

You should be able to watch the first ep by now.

This was such a blast. As funny as the recent Ducktales and as action-packed as

Oh and they changed who/what mutated them...like if GDT ever did TMNT.

Reed________Goyer
Old 07-21-2018, 10:31 AM   #64
WOLVERINE25TH
The Best There Is

This show is terrible. The first episode had four FOUR writers and the dialogue was horrendous. The animation was far too choppy for this day and age, no excuse considering they likely did most of it with computers. The character designs are as awful as their poor attempts at humor. And think making April black adds some character depth to her? Guess again. She's the stereotypical sassy black chick.

Nickelodeon had a great show in the 2012 series that took everything everyone liked about the franchise and stuck in a blender. Then, they showed us great shorts over the past few months--many of which were BETTER alternatives for a replacement series. But, they chose to go with this. THIS. Your five year old or those of similar mentalities may enjoy it, but otherwise completely skippable.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #65
#root
Side-Kick

I haven't seen the episode yet but I like the animation and the art style . Reminds me a little of Samurai Jack/Sym-Bionic Titan.

#root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #66
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINE25TH View Post
Nickelodeon had a great show in the 2012 series that took everything everyone liked about the franchise and stuck in a blender. Then, they showed us great shorts over the past few months--many of which were BETTER alternatives for a replacement series. But, they chose to go with this. THIS. Your five year old or those of similar mentalities may enjoy it, but otherwise completely skippable.
No. The Nick series moved its plot like a turtle with well-written interactions far & few between for a supposed more energetic reboot to what came before. Take the opposite of that sentence and you get this show.

Reed________Goyer
Old 07-23-2018, 01:40 AM   #67
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I thought it was ok. I like the kinetic feel to the animation. I'm still "Eh..." on the design style of the characters. I was surprised we didn't get some sort of origins story given how inexperienced these turtles seem to be even though they seem older (but dumber) than their counterparts from the last show.

"

Old 07-23-2018, 02:03 AM   #68
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I thought it was ok. I like the kinetic feel to the animation. I'm still "Eh..." on the design style of the characters. I was surprised we didn't get some sort of origins story given how inexperienced these turtles seem to be even though they seem older (but dumber) than their counterparts from the last show.
The theme is magic this time. Mutagen carrying mosquitoes from some Netherworld. The big bad is their creator, Baron Draxum. They swiped their new weapons from there after realizing their, aside from Donnie's, old gear sucks. Splinter taught them martial arts through movies/television which explains quite a lot. The turtle-mobile is a tv prop taken from a repo lot. The Foot can make ninjas from origami.

Reed________Goyer
Old 07-23-2018, 03:38 AM   #69
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
The theme is magic this time. Mutagen carrying mosquitoes from some Netherworld. The big bad is their creator, Baron Draxum. They swiped their new weapons from there after realizing their, aside from Donnie's, old gear sucks. Splinter taught them martial arts through movies/television which explains quite a lot. The turtle-mobile is a tv prop taken from a repo lot. The Foot can make ninjas from origami.
Yeah, I saw the other episodes. I'm curious about Splinter since he just seems lazy, so I wondered if he taught them anything really. Donatello seems to be the best so far.

"

Old 07-30-2018, 02:51 PM   #70
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

‘Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Among Five Series Renewed By Nickelodeon – TCA

"