The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 06-19-2017, 10:36 AM   #626
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Default Re: Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Avenger View Post
Only Three games had the release window. GoW, Spidey and SotC. These are the ones Layden was talking about. Games like Detroit and Days Gone had no release window at all so they are most likely coming Q3/4 2018.
What I'm saying is: don't get your hopes up. "Early 2018" tells a different message than just "2018". If it comes early, good for everyone. If it's confirmed for later and people are disappointed by the wait, you only have yourselves to blame.

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:59 AM   #627
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

I don't see this coming out before Summer 2018.

especially if God of War is coming "Early 2018." So, if GOW is the big Spring exclusive, then they might want to save Spidey as the big Summer exclusive.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #628
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I don't see this coming out before Summer 2018.

especially if God of War is coming "Early 2018." So, if GOW is the big Spring exclusive, then they might want to save Spidey as the big Summer exclusive.
They can have more than one Spring game. Early 2018, doesnt necesarily mean Spring as it could also be winter. GoW in Feb with Spider-Man in May works out well. Big Summer exclusive almost seems like an oxymoron bc companies tend to not release AAA games in summer. Its not unheard of but Sony typically does not put games out in the Summer and definitely not their heavy hitters, which is what they are treating Spider-Man as

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:47 AM   #629
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

I'm holding to my original prediction of October. I doubt they'd put this out prior to the summer...imo they're gonna use next year's E3 to really show off the game. This year was an extended tease. And I highly doubt they'd do a summer release, as per Havok, that's not Sony's MO with AAA titles. The only exception might be if they had a Spider-Man movie coming out that summer, which they of course don't. I'd love for this game to come out in the Spring but imo I just don't see that happening.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:51 PM   #630
First Avenger
Side-Kick

If Spider-Man and Colossus were the only games with the 2018 release I think there's a reason. I think it's a Q2 2018 release unless it gets delayed.

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:52 PM   #631
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
They can have more than one Spring game. Early 2018, doesnt necesarily mean Spring as it could also be winter. GoW in Feb with Spider-Man in May works out well. Big Summer exclusive almost seems like an oxymoron bc companies tend to not release AAA games in summer. Its not unheard of but Sony typically does not put games out in the Summer and definitely not their heavy hitters, which is what they are treating Spider-Man as
well, if Sony doesn't have a habit of releasing games in the Summer, then I think this will be Fall 2018 instead.

don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to play this as soon as possible. So, if it comes out in May 2018, great! The earlier the better.

but I just think it will be later in the year.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #632
zenith16
Side-Kick

the guys formerly known as Game Trailers review crew.

EasyAllies

2 hrs ·

Frame Trap - Episode 31 "E3 2017 Noodles and Broth"
The Master Chef returns and his pupils talk about some of the best games they saw during E3 such as Spider-Man, Metal Gear Survive, Transference, State of Decay 2..
and Moss. SUGOI!!!.

source:
Easy Allies

zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:59 PM   #633
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick View Post
What I'm saying is: don't get your hopes up. "Early 2018" tells a different message than just "2018". If it comes early, good for everyone. If it's confirmed for later and people are disappointed by the wait, you only have yourselves to blame.
Yeah I think it is telling that GOW said early 2018 and Spider-Man didn't. I think at best we get Spider-Man in may but more likely I think it comes out in like October or November.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:02 PM   #634
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I don't, I'd rather not see any movie costume in this one.
I really wish to see the classing chest logo as drawn by John Romita sr of all spider legs down, rather than the usual 4 up, 4 down.
I would be really disappointed if we don't get movie costume because Spider-Man 1-3 and amazing Spider-Man 2 costume are just about perfect costumes and better then most Spider-Man costumes. Amazing Spider-Man 1 costume sucked balls though.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:29 AM   #635
Galactus123
Side-Kick

I hope the game will have many classic villians. Would be sad if they only used some less known ones. I would like to see Venom, Sandman, Scorpion, Rhino and maybe Shocker. They should save some like Green Goblin for the sequels of course.

Galactus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:35 AM   #636
Spidey_62
#1 Jar Jar Binks fan

Aside from the Re-elect Osborn for Mayor signs, I think some things that they've been talking about also could point to the Green Goblin thematically. They said for Mr. Negative's inclusion it was very important that he was linked to Peter's life since he's Aunt May's boss, and the balancing identities idea, them spilling into each side of the life, that all are things that ring true for Norman Osborn as well.

Plus exploring a Norman Osborn who maybe has reformed and been mayor for a few years, and having him go through a relapse could be pretty exciting story material.

(I don't think I've posted my thoughts on the footage but I saw it live and was blown away. I think it looks beautiful, but the way Spider-Man actually moves is unreal. Like it's a masterful acrobatic ballet, fully realized Spidey movement like I don't think we've seen on screen/anywhere other than some stuff in the Raimi movies. That's really cool and I'm excited about all the things I've seen from Insomniac's take on Spidey's world, was worth the year wait for more footage)

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, frog-face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram.

RadicalRealmComics.com - read the comic books I draw!

Watch Lost in the Shadows - based on The Spirit of the Shadows comic book!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:40 AM   #637
First Avenger
Side-Kick

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/wh...vel-cinematic/

Very informative. The parkour elements from the coffee shop and the office are also usable in the open city.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:16 AM   #638
Slick
Yup

Thanks for posting that. Every interview I read and every interview I watch just tells me that Insomniac gets it. I'm glad my favorite superhero (tied with Daredevil) is in safe hands.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:52 AM   #639
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Thanks for posting that. Every interview I read and every interview I watch just tells me that Insomniac gets it. I'm glad my favorite superhero (tied with Daredevil) is in safe hands.
It's fantastic to get such a talented studio so excited to work on Spidey. Shows how beloved he really is.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:02 AM   #640
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

Quote:

Very informative. The parkour elements from the coffee shop and the office are also usable in the open city.
I'm a fan.

YOUTUBE
You are so adorable.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #641
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWSInsomniac Weighs in on Spider-Man Not Being 1080p/60FPS on PS4 Pro Today at 11:36 am

Insomniac Games, the developers behind PS4's upcoming Spider-Man game has been letting the information flow on...Read more

Quote:
It's 4K, but it's locked at 30 FPS. Insoniac explains the details.

Insomniac Games, the developers behind PS4's upcoming Spider-Man game has been letting the information flow on Twitter lately. After revealing gameplay at E3, many excited fans started asking about specs of the beautiful looking gameplay demo.
One fan asked specifically about the frames and resolution of the game. Insomniac replied, stating that the game will run at 4K with temporal injection at 30 frames per second. When pushed further about the possibility of pushing 60fps on PS4 Pro, they simply replied, "Nope, not really an option there. We will optimize for the best experience on PS4 and PS4 Pro.
The issue seems to be a CPU constraint, an issue it shares with Microsoft's new Xbox One X as well. Open world games take a lot of CPU power and have regularly been subjected to 30fps on consoles. The other aspect of the E3 gameplay demo that got fans excited was the intuitive combat system, which was also asked about.
we are just scratching the surface
— Insomniac Games (@insomniacgames) June 18, 2017
Well, that's good news at least. The combat looked rich, much like the Arkham series from Rocksteady. No release date has been given for Spider-Man other than 2018, but it's been implied that it could be the first half of the year.
In other Spider-Man news, it has recently been revealed that Peter Parker (sans spider suit) will be playable and to keep with Spider-Man lore, Spider-Man won't be killing any baddies, taking them out cleverly and not lethally instead.

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
INSOMNIAC GAMES

source: http://www.gamezone.com/

Old 06-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #642
Darepool
superhero artist

The Game of Show awards keep piling up.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #643
Galactus123
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
“Second is traversal. We know we’ve got to nail swinging. Not only that, we want to expand his move-set. We talk a lot about fluidity, flow and momentum. We want that to come across in our traversal but at the same time add elements like parkour and make sure that no obstacle is too much for Spider-man.
Good that they really want to make the web swinging good. I hope they play all the old game and see what worked in the past and what didn't.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:20 AM   #644
zenith16
Side-Kick

11:48

What to Expect from Spider-Man PS4 - Creative Director Interview - Electric Playground

Published on 06/21/2017

Vic catches up with Creative Director Bryan Intihar about what we can expect from Marvel's Spider-Man. Developed by Insomniac Games, the game is set to release in 2018.

source: EPN.tv

Old 06-22-2017, 01:38 AM   #645
First Avenger
Side-Kick

That's a great interview. Still can't believe I'm getting such a good Spider-Man game.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:33 AM   #646
Galactus123
Side-Kick

Costumes I want: classic, Ben Reilly, symbiote, Homecoming and other movie costumes. Would be awesome if you could customize your costume. You could basically make you own. That needs to happen someday.

Last edited by Galactus123; 06-22-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:09 PM   #647
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

I'd love to have the chest logo like this.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I always preferred it this way.

YOUTUBE
You are so adorable.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #648
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
Costumes I want: classic, Ben Reilly, symbiote, Homecoming and other movie costumes. Would be awesome if you could customize your costume. You could basically make you own. That needs to happen someday.
Now that Ben Reilly's back in the books I'd like to see cameo like there was of Miles . well maybe if this game get's a sequel . oh let me make it clear just him and maybe may Kain (which I'd name ether crimson spider or crimson torranchilla ) leave the rest of the clone saga out . if ultimate spider man TAS did for a bit so can this game series.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-22-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:01 AM   #649
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

Please nothing that relates to clones.

YOUTUBE
You are so adorable.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:01 AM   #650
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Some info that largely brought back my faith on this game:

- in an interview Intihar said that not only are the not nearly done with refining stuff we saw, but they're even gonna flatout redo some elements to make it as perfect as they can. He also said that they will consider people's critiques in the development going forward

- Intihar's favorite Spiderman game is the ps2 SM2, so I think the web swinging will turn out better than it initially looked

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote