The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 07-07-2017, 02:05 AM   #226
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Default Re: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Quote:
Speaking with Metro Game Central, the studio’s producer, Kara Massie, revealed that the future of the Crash brand has not yet been decided, noting that the door is open for the possibility of additional remasters, or indeed a brand new Crash Bandicoot game. Massie also let slip that Crash Team Racing is one title that gets “asked about a lot.”

“I’d love to work on another Crash game, this has been marvelous,” she added, giving hope that the acclaimed karting racing title may be the next title in line to get a PS4 facelift. The fan-favorite title was released for the PlayStation back in 1999, and marked developer Naughty Dog’s final Crash game to date before the studio jumped ship to the PS2 to produce Jak & Daxter.
https://www.psu.com/news/33067/crash...aster-possible

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:17 PM   #227
Matt Mortem
Clever User Title

The more I've been playing the more sour the game is feeling for me. Something is just not quite right in the controls. I played these three games religiously when I was a kid and the hit detection and jump physics seems like they aren't what they once were. It's actually really disappointing.

I'm finding the games harder than they ever were originally and I think once I'm done with a playthrough of each I'll be trading it away or selling it.

I wish they'd have done something like what Insomniac did with Ratchet and Clank. Do a remake, but bring the game into the modern scene. So far as I can tell the Crash games have aged like milk.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #228
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

A lot of people have said that about the controls and jumping, so I'm glad it wasn't just me. I thought maybe it'd just been so long, but yeah, apparently there's some wonkiness there most people tend to agree.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:51 AM   #229
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

So many times I've screamed at the TV, "You were nowhere near me!" Or "I hit you first!"

Thank You!
My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:41 PM   #230
Matt Mortem
Clever User Title

So some guys online did some digital sleuthing and found they did mess up the controls and hit boxes. Apparently because they used Unreal for the engine the hit boxes are in fact different than the original game and to give some kind of consistency across the three games they increased the jump fall speed. That change in the jumping would explain why I had such a hard time making so many of the jumps in the first two games. Crash just wasn't controlling like he used to.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #231
zeptron
Side-Kick

There's also an issue with the Nitro boxes as well. In the originals they hopped, but in the remakes, not only do they jump ridiculously high, they also seem to be more "sensitive", making it even more dangerous to walk close to them.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:23 PM   #232
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Yeah it seems that Vicarious Visions wasn't the best developer to do Crash Bandicoot games. Since Activision owns Crash, can the games only be developed by studios Activision is parent to, or could they hand the development to a studio outside that bubble? Might not be cheap, but is it theoretically possible?

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:41 PM   #233
Matt Mortem
Clever User Title

The thing that happened is the engine got updated along with the graphics and level layout, but the problem is the levels were made with the original engine and physics in mind. If you don't tweak the levels to allow for the changes in game feel it's gonna be a wreck.