The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four World

Old 03-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #26
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
That isn't what I asked about though. The GA has no bearing on this. More importantly the GA doesn't care. It doesn't matter to them. There's no reason to take it so personally though.
The only one taking this personally is you. Not either Kelly or myself. We asked legitimate questions (about how people are supposed to know that without evidence in the film) and made points based on what you said. You're the one who is replying to Kelly (and myself) with attitude.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #27
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
The hostility isn't very nice. And there was a clear structure to the cloud. The idea as I understood it was that Tim knew he couldn't do Galactus as he wanted to, so he gave the go ahead for the cloud to have a structure to leave it open for future films to do it in a way that he thought was properly. Excuse me for assuming that I'm not the only one who listens to audio commentaries. I thought this was common knowledge.
No hostility was meant at all, I was simply asking a question.

The thing about hearing it on the commentary is, that is too late. If people could not on their own realize that is a ship, then they (the production company, director, etc. ) messed up.

As someone who followed the movie from the 1st movie through the 2nd movie, no....no one every talked about it being a ship. And the split second that we saw the cloud form to look like the head of Galactus did not even try and come off as any kind of ship. Nor did we hear anything about the Worldhip, TaaII, Star Sphere, anything at all. We heard about a cloud....and that is what we saw in the movie. Just because the director in the commentary states that what it was, does not mean that is what the audience saw, or even assumed.

If you want the fans to be excited about something like Galactus, you do it right, the first time. You don't show a half second of a cloud shaped like Galactus head and expect anyone who knows of Galactus to think....hey that is Galactus' ship. Oh....thank God, we at least got a cloud shaped like Galactus' head....It just isn't going to happen.

I'm not trying to be contrary, or hostile, or take it personally.....I'm just stating reality.

IMO, there was absolutely nothing spectacular, scary, or even remotely earth shattering about what was put on film and expected to be seen as Galactus.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:17 PM   #28
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
No hostility was meant at all, I was simply asking a question.

The thing about hearing it on the commentary is, that is too late. If people could not on their own realize that is a ship, then they (the production company, director, etc. ) messed up.

As someone who followed the movie from the 1st movie through the 2nd movie, no....no one every talked about it being a ship. And the split second that we saw the cloud form to look like the head of Galactus did not even try and come off as any kind of ship. Nor did we hear anything about the Worldhip, TaaII, Star Sphere, anything at all. We heard about a cloud....and that is what we saw in the movie. Just because the director in the commentary states that what it was, does not mean that is what the audience saw, or even assumed.

If you want the fans to be excited about something like Galactus, you do it right, the first time. You don't show a half second of a cloud shaped like Galactus head and expect anyone who knows of Galactus to think....hey that is Galactus' ship. Oh....thank God, we at least got a cloud shaped like Galactus' head....It just isn't going to happen.

I'm not trying to be contrary, or hostile, or take it personally.....I'm just stating reality.

IMO, there was absolutely nothing spectacular, scary, or even remotely earth shattering about what was put on film and expected to be seen as Galactus.
This rant is exactly why I'm feeling hostility. I didn't try to defend the choice. I didn't say anything about it. I just asked a question. I got asked a question. I answered it. And then I get bombarded with long winded posts attacking the movie out of nowhere when it had nothing to do with what I said. That feels hostile.

Dagenspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:25 PM   #29
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
The only one taking this personally is you. Not either Kelly or myself. We asked legitimate questions (about how people are supposed to know that without evidence in the film) and made points based on what you said. You're the one who is replying to Kelly (and myself) with attitude.
Yeah, cause hurling things at me that having nothing to do with my statements doesn't have attitude at all. Now I'm starting get an attitude.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:21 PM   #30
Dagenspear
Banned User

Goodbye, I guess...

Old 03-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #31
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
This rant is exactly why I'm feeling hostility. I didn't try to defend the choice. I didn't say anything about it. I just asked a question. I got asked a question. I answered it. And then I get bombarded with long winded posts attacking the movie out of nowhere when it had nothing to do with what I said. That feels hostile.

I'm just stating my opinion....and backing it. That is all, it is nothing personal against you.

Actually, I would probably say that my post was more against Story stating what it was and why he did it the way he did as an excuse. I'm stating an opinion in opposition of his excuse, not you personally.

The only "personal" is what you are "personally" reading into it...I promise.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:42 PM   #32
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Although I was never happy with the cloud, I think it was cool to see the reflection of Galactus' helmet on the planet. Hopefully he'll make a TRUE appearance in a movie someday.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote