The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #301
Mask&Cape
Side-Kick

Default Re: Star Trek: Discovery - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash525 View Post
The TNG story has been told. That's all. I enjoyed TNG when it was on, and I enjoyed Patrick's portrayal of Picard, but I don't want them to bring him back for the sake of it - which they're likely looking to do.

DSC has managed it's success with a totally new crew, and no cameos. The only established character is Sarek. If there's this big plan in place to take Trek into the future, they need to do that with new characters, and new stories, not old ones.
It is very negative to think they'd bring back Picard "just for the sake of it". If it is something they might be considering, it is possible that it was suggested when floating ideas of what could attract more audience to these new projects but just because it might start that way doesn't mean the end result will be a "for the sake of it".

And I'd imagine that Stewart would want some kind of creative control/input so that would be a positive too.

Mask&Cape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #302
Mask&Cape
Side-Kick

Default Re: Star Trek: Discovery - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
I would like to see Picard and the TNG crew again (although Brent Spiner would need some hardcore CGI work to reprise Data) but not in a series. I think that has passed. A movie would be nice (TOS went to ridiculous lengths in theirs afterall) but no more than that.

It's long since passed for DS9 to have gotten their own movie and Voyager would be unnecessary (seeing as their entire premise was "get home" and they did that).
I wouldn't be TNG's number one fan but I wouldn't be against a reunion project for story with a bit more meat to it than they had in the series and movies.

A limited series or mini-series though. Not a movie.

A DS9 return is definitely something I'd love to happen. A lot more than TNG.

However, I do want projects with brand new characters too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash525 View Post
Whilst it's certainly too late now, with the exception of ENT, DS9 is the only show (for me) where I feel they could have carried on; the fallout of the Dominion War and what that meant for all powers involved, Rom as Negus (that had to shake up the quadrant), the perspectives of Miles at the Academy, Garak on Cardassia, and Julian alone on the station with all his friends (mosly) gone; according to the books, even Ezri doesn't stick around for long.

I don't read the books (though I know bits and piece from them) though I'd have though DS9 would have offered up a lot of potential; possibly even leading into Insurrection/Nemesis.
Did Sisko return in those post-series books?

A DS9 mini-series where Sisko comes back and he has to round up his old crew for a vital mission. Or some such. Whatever, I'm all in on anything DS9 related.

Last edited by Mask&Cape; Yesterday at 08:43 PM.
Mask&Cape is online now   Reply With Quote