The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #176
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'm 99.9% positive that Pepper gets fridged.
And I'm 99.9% positive that Pepper will be gravely injured in the assault on Tony's Malibu mansion, which will result in him creating the Rescue armor for her. Feige, Favreau and other Marvel execs have said that they want to put Pepper in a suit and almost did so in IM2. This could finally be the moment.

Gwyneth Paltrow posted photos of herself in a mocap suit on set a few months ago. I wish I had saved them now.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #177
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
And I'm 99.9% positive that Pepper will be gravely injured in the assault on Tony's Malibu mansion, which will result in him creating the Rescue armor for her. Feige, Favreau and other Marvel execs have said that they want to put Pepper in a suit and almost did so in IM2. This could finally be the moment.

Gwyneth Paltrow posted photos of herself in a mocap suit on set a few months ago. I wish I had saved them now.
Maybe, but that clearly looks like Pepper's caught in some Saw/Hostel-type deathtrap, not being shot up by the helicopters that attack Stark's Malibu digs. This has Mandarin machinery written all over it.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #178
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

I hopes they release a high res image of IM posing in the trailer I wants to background the hell out of it.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #179
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
I hopes they release a high res image of IM posing in the trailer I wants to background the hell out of it.
hopefully the poster coming out tmw is better than the pose

Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #180
BigThor
God of Thunder

If Rescue is actually in this film I'm gonna watch this on bootleg, what's the point of Iron Man if everyone has an armored suit.

With that being said the teaser trailer was awesome, I KNEW people we're going to like the new armor more once it's in motion.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=536521

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #181
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
If Rescue is actually in this film I'm gonna watch this on bootleg, what's the point of Iron Man if everyone has an armored suit.

With that being said the teaser trailer was awesome, I KNEW people we're going to like the new armor more once it's in motion.
Thats a bit extreme. It's not like she's going to be fighting with it if it is in there. The "Rescue" armor in the comics has no weapons and is only for "Rescue and Recovery". Odds are it would be used like many have theorized here.

Now her getting cybernetics like the comic is one thing, because then she just becomes female Tony, but I wouldnt mind the Rescue armor showing up.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #182
herolee10
No More Miracles

Well on another note, it seems like RDJ's Iron Man may actually have a credible and memorable villain of his own that can go toe to toe with him. Obadiah and Vanko weren't exactly what I'd call memorable or threatening villains though I'd still place Obadiah over Vanko.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:28 AM   #183
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I think the hairdue makes sense. RDJ's not getting any younger so they have to come up with ways to de-age with without resorting to CGI crap. The hair is a very effective and subtle way to do it and I think it works.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:36 AM   #184
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Thats a bit extreme. It's not like she's going to be fighting with it if it is in there. The "Rescue" armor in the comics has no weapons and is only for "Rescue and Recovery". Odds are it would be used like many have theorized here.

Now her getting cybernetics like the comic is one thing, because then she just becomes female Tony, but I wouldnt mind the Rescue armor showing up.
Not really, having three different main characters wear armored suits is what's extreme.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=536521

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 10-22-2012, 04:53 AM   #185
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
I definitely agree about RDJ's hair, Suzanne. Maybe that's something only women can appreciate. I thought that he looked hotter in this footage than he has in a loooong time, which is saying something because the man is always hot. If any confirmation of that is needed, check Tumblr. RDJ's hair is everywhere, accompanied by much ogling and weeping.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 10-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #186
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Maybe, but that clearly looks like Pepper's caught in some Saw/Hostel-type deathtrap, not being shot up by the helicopters that attack Stark's Malibu digs. This has Mandarin machinery written all over it.

We can't tell for sure what's going on in that short clip. Maybe the full trailer will give a better idea of what was happening to Pepper. It reminds me of when we saw the first teaser for The Avengers last year. The scene of Iron Man rising up out of the Hudson and flying towards New York was thought by many to mean that the invaders were from Atlantis, or that the team would be fighting underwater somehow. Once we saw the full film the context was apparent. That may happen with this teaser, as well.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #187
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Not really, having three different main characters wear armored suits is what's extreme.
Perhaps; but it wouldn't be any different if Balder and Beta Ray showing up in a Thor film down the line, and Thor isn't the only Asgardian warrior, though he is the strongest there is (well aside from Odin at the moment).

I think the key thing that separates Tony from the likes of War Machine (Iron Patriot) or even Pepper's potential gear up is both his character and his intelligence; on what he's able to bring to the table. At the end of the day, Iron Man is the hero, War Machine doesn't seem like the type that'd want to be the hero figure in the manner that it was portrayed in EMH's second season, and like others have said Pepper isn't there for combat when she's in her new getup.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #188
J.Howlett

Forgive my stupidity, but the teaser trailer drops at midnight right?

Old 10-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #189
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:

Because its not about the suite, It's about the man in the suite. Ironman is about the story of Tony Stark. Tony Stark is more than just a man in a suite. Even if more people had suits, It's Tony Stark's skill at piloting the suite that make him stand out above the rest.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 10-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #190
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:

What a horrible idea.
Why not just give Happy a suit as everyone seems to get ahold of one in these films.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 10-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #191
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Agreed.

Keep Pepper in the background she doesn't need to be a main character as I thought his was getting back to a Tony centric story, she was a glorified extra in the first film, which was enough then in IM2 she got a bigger role which, for me, ruined pretty much every scene she was in constantly moaning of whinging about something.

I'd love it if they did kill her off, the Pepper in the comics is much more likeable.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 10-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #192
Reikowolf
Hyperphotonic

While I have no problem with Pepper wearing a suit, I am worried that they will make it overly comical instead of giving strength to a female character.

obviously there would be a transition where she would become acclimated to wearing a suit but I hope they is not simply the damsel in distress in the third act

see it now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_Lj8ty2tA

@hyperphotonic
Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #193
Spider-Fan83
with great power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
is this part of the same scene, at this...

with him catching a group of people mid air?

Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #194
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I don't think Pepper puts on Rescue armor in this film.

...I think she puts on IRON MAN armor.
Without Tony knowing, or okaying it. She does it to try to rescue Tony or something, I dunno. Mandarin battles her, thinking it's Tony, and winds up kicking her ass (and probably even killing her).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #195
Reikowolf
Hyperphotonic

very good call/\

see it now:

@hyperphotonic
Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #196
Reikowolf
Hyperphotonic

Quote:
I don't think Pepper puts on Rescue armor in this film.

...I think she puts on IRON MAN armor.
Without Tony knowing, or okaying it. She does it to try to rescue Tony or something, I dunno. Mandarin battles her, thinking it's Tony, and winds up kicking her ass (and probably even killing her).
the synopsis raised an interesting bit that could relate to this. Tony finds out if the suit makes the man or if he makes the suit.

That statement suggests that Pepper and maybe even WarMachine are ill equipt to fully utilize the IronMan armor

see it now:

@hyperphotonic
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #197
eddy
Make Mine Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Forgive my stupidity, but the teaser trailer drops at midnight right?

I think so yeah. Which is great because I have to work tomorrow and the trailer won't be on youtube for a few hours probably.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #198
eddy
Make Mine Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
she was a glorified extra in the first film,
Did we watch the same film?

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #199
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
I think so yeah. Which is great because I have to work tomorrow and the trailer won't be on youtube for a few hours probably.
i am sure someone will post the trailers immediately when it comes out this midnight

Old 10-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #200
Marathon
Side-Kick

I like the Pepperony chemistry. Don't want Pepper killed. Rescue is very much OK.

Closed Thread