The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

View Poll Results: What rating would you give the episode?
10 0 0%
9 3 17.65%
8 4 23.53%
7 1 5.88%
6 3 17.65%
5 2 11.76%
4 2 11.76%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2018, 02:35 AM   #51
fan4stic
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Flash Season 4 Episode 10: "The Trial of The Flash"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Why couldn't they do something like Quantum Leap? They could have play the part whenever he interacts with anyone (eg his wife or Barry etc) but to the rest of the world he looks like the black guy.

That way they could continue the idea that he has changed his appearance and everyone thinks it's a different guy, but for the audience and the main characters' sake, he looks like Sandilands.

In Quantum Leap they didn't have some different actor playing the part everytime Sam Beckett leapt into a different body and assumed all of that person's characteristics. It was always Scott Bakula.
I heard that Neil Sandilands is going to return.

But in QL, Sam didn't take over someone's body. The image everyone but him saw was a hologram or something. He replaced the person and they went to a waiting room or something.

Also, i don't know if that would work really. Maybe more like Devoe creates a projection of his original physical form around the body he's in and changes his voice somehow?

fan4stic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:38 AM   #52
fan4stic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
Even Richard Kimble fought to stay out of jail in order to prove his innocence. I think that would have been a far better way to go, showing not just their fight against DeVoe, who could threaten to expose Barry as the Flash, but showing Barry having to continually hide and not take part in his normal life with Iris.
Kimble was after the man who'd murdered his wife too. His and Barry's situation are only similar in the framing aspect really.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:23 AM   #53
Loki882
Side-Kick

^And Barry is after two supervillains whom he knows are planning something and will stop at nothing to accomplish their goal. So he has even MORE reason to do that than Richard Kimble did, because the stakes are higher here.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:43 AM   #54
Prettyricky
Side-Kick

Honestly cant barry just phase in and out of jail to fight crime before the gaurds notice hes gone? If your gonna be in jail then having barrys skills is a good option.

Prettyricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 10:30 AM   #55
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Why doesn't Iris go and join Barry in prison? After all, she is the Flash too? She belongs in there with him.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:23 AM   #56
fan4stic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why doesn't Iris go and join Barry in prison? After all, she is the Flash too? She belongs in there with him.
Legally, bearing the burdens of the Flash emotionally doesn't translate to one half of a couple committing a crime making the other culpable. Flash isn't charged with the crime though. Iris doesn't say that they're Barry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
^And Barry is after two supervillains whom he knows are planning something and will stop at nothing to accomplish their goal. So he has even MORE reason to do that than Richard Kimble did, because the stakes are higher here.
Arguably, Barry could get out if he needs to.

Last edited by fan4stic; 01-21-2018 at 01:35 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:37 AM   #57
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4stic View Post
Legally, bearing the burdens of the Flash emotionally doesn't translate to one half of a couple committing a crime making the other culpable. Flash isn't charged with the crime though. Iris doesn't say that they're Barry.Arguably, Barry could get out if he needs to.
That's only a matter of time.

Soon it will be: "we are Barry", then "I am Barry", then "I am the Flash".

Old 01-21-2018, 11:08 PM   #58
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyricky View Post
Honestly cant barry just phase in and out of jail to fight crime before the gaurds notice hes gone? If your gonna be in jail then having barrys skills is a good option.
I think we might see that a couple of times this season. Cisco could invent some kind of hologram to make Barry seem like he's in his cell while the Flash is still protecting the city.

"We will eat both of your arms and then both of your legs. Then we will eat your face right off your head. You will be this armless, legless, faceless thing, won't you? Rolling down the street...like a turd...in the wind." --Venom

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #59
Mister J
The Universe's Imbalance
SHH! Global Moderator

• I'm really hoping this stuff with Barry in jail doesn't go for too long. It just serves to remind of how easily he could have cleaned the crime scene before Singh and Co arrived. Plus, the episode did little to manufacture any real drama associated with it, particularly given we know he's going to be freed at some point.
  • The only thing more unintentionally funny than Cecille being touted as the best lawyer in town (only to perform as the actress likely would if she actually had to litigate a case in real life) might be the prompt reversal of the focus on Iris' "don't run" sentiment from the last episode to her 'Nah, **** that. Let's go on the run' in this one.
  • I was hoping the villain sideplot would have been more engaging or, at least, not as transparently irrelevant. As it stands, they could have named him Filler instead of Fallout and it would have been just as appropriate.
  • The Killer Frost dynamic would work better for me is they just gave Caitlin control rather than this Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde business. The comedic element in triggering the change helped a bit.
  • New DeVoe is booty. And not 'Hey, how you doin'?' booty, but more like 'Wow, who just farted?' booty. We need Original Recipe DeVoe back. Let's go.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there is always madness. Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #60
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Quote:
That's only a matter of time.

Soon it will be: "we are Barry", then "I am Barry", then "I am the Flash".
And the short leash continues...

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:31 PM   #61
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
And the short leash continues...
Unfortunately, it's not even that. It's basically locking Barry (and Wally lbr) in the water tower of an abandoned warehouse on the edge of town on the other side of the world in another universe so Iris can continue pretending to be leader, telling team flash iris to do their jobs and holding the team together. It's like the show prefers fake flash over a real Flash.

Ralph better be plot A, because I'm not here for the love interest show, and that includes Cecile.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #62
Avenging Angel

Well you're gonna hate the following spoilers coming in 4x15

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Candice was seen in a suit on set. They are giving V-iris speedster powers, god help us all.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:33 PM   #63
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
Well you're gonna hate the following spoilers coming in 4x15
Yes, I know. And next ep is Cecile taking over. I'll be very surprised if Supernatural or Black Lightning isn't #1 on CW by season's end.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:56 PM   #64
flashpo1nt
Side-Kick

gotta remember devoe has super intelligence, so he knows things before they happen always being one step ahead of barry.

why do you think barry was in the cell where the writing on the wall said "henry allen was here"....it wasn't a coincidence, that was all devoe being a step ahead and knowing barry would be put in that same cell, moreless to rub it in that he's always a step ahead.

cool thing, the writers have finally made barry portrayed as a powerful speedster, commments about nobody being able to run that fast as a speedster when he came back, wally and the team commented on. new abilities like stopping iris from telling eveyone he's the flash, barry was able to do something that even he didn't know how he was doing it, its nice to see were starting to get a more stronger speedster out of this version of the flash.

barry could use his speed if he wanted to, but they ever notice he's gone it may expose his identity he can't just escape simply because he has the powers to do so, he has to serve his time and let the team figure things out, and keep his identity on the down low. barry seems to not want to escape, he knows he can if he chose to but doesn't.

flashpo1nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:10 PM   #65
Avenging Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoogol View Post
Yes, I know. And next ep is Cecile taking over. I'll be very surprised if Supernatural or Black Lightning isn't #1 on CW by season's end.
I think they already are. Black Lightning is doing well.