The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 06-03-2016, 02:47 AM   #26
craigdbfan
Banned User

Default Re: Hiroshima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
Do you really think murdering 200,000 civilians was a favour to Japan?
Not intentionally, no. The fire bombings were actually far, far, far more detrimental to the Japanese as a whole (deaths and infrastructure) by the way, not that it excuses the moral aspect of it.

The whole action was morally wrong but then again morals were thrown out in both World Wars so that's kind of a moot point to be honest.

As I said in my post, it inadvertently had a great effect on Japan. The Japanese once again faced the brink of annihilation and came back stronger than ever, a testament to the culture and people of Japan.

The Japanese are an incredible force. Which is why I think they're now responsible and capable enough to regain full autonomy in regards to their military. They would be a much stronger ally if allowed to stretch (something Abe and the entire Japanese right have wanted for a while now).

North Korea and China would be ****ing terrified. I still support U.S involvement to oversee the whole transition but I do believe both Japan and South Korea should be allowed to take control of their entire military operations with the assistance of the U.S to allow a smooth transition.

Japan especially would prove to be a major key into an even more powerful U.S global force if we keep that alliance but allow/give some sovereignty back to Japan and South Korea.

craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:38 AM   #27
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Then again the Japanese people for me are amongst the most impressive group of human beings to ever grace the planet.
Yes who else would give us wonderful game shows like this

or music like this

Americans are so lame

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:05 PM   #28
GreenKToo
In the fire

If if's and buts were candy and nuts.
If the bomb(s) were not dropped, you would have had the war drag on for months/years?, an invasion of mainland japan, with several hundred thousand, if not millions, of deaths likely.
so yes, the good of the many ( millions ) outweighed the good of the few ( tens of thousands )

Last edited by GreenKToo; 06-06-2016 at 07:36 AM.
GreenKToo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:45 PM   #29
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Dropping atomic bombs on cities filled with civilians was morally abhorrent, but in the long run it may well have saved more lives, not only American, but Japanese as well.

Without nuclear intimidation shell-shocking Japan into surrender, we were facing a long, hard fight taking the islands around Japan and Japan itself inch by inch against fanatical, fight-to-the-last-bullet resistance.

It may have been a necessary evil. That said....tough call and a rough decision to make.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:38 AM   #30
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Were any of Japan's atrocities less morally abhorrent?

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:04 AM   #31
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

No, did I suggest they were?

The Holocaust doesn't mean the firebombing of Dresden wasn't still a "bad thing".

Movie Review Site:

H.E.

Last edited by Schlosser85; 06-05-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote