The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #76
Mondragon

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

1. Mexico
2. Costa Rica
3. Panama
4. Honduras (Playoff)

USA ???? will miss the 2018 World Cup.
Sheish not even into playoff.

Viva Mexico!

SA
1. Brazil
2. Uruguay
3. Argentina (Messi comes throguh)
4. Colombia
5. Peru (playoff)

Last edited by Mondragon; 10-10-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:08 PM   #77
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon View Post
1. Mexico
2. Costa Rica
3. Panama
4. Honduras (Playoff)

USA ???? will miss the 2018 World Cup.

Sheish not even into playoff.
Watching it in real time was hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
Old 10-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #78
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Things like this in the US also puts the game back. As now a generation of kids won't watch the world cup because they're not there. All things like this in a country like the US is needed to grow the game.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #79
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Messi got a hat-trick for Argentina to jump them from 6th to 4th, there won't be enough lotion in christendom for the journo's tomorrow morning!

Shame the US didn't make it as I'd have liked to see Pulisic on the World Cup stage.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #80
Mondragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Things like this in the US also puts the game back. As now a generation of kids won't watch the world cup because they're not there. All things like this in a country like the US is needed to grow the game.
Yeah this makes me sad too.
It'l be like the event and the sport don't even exist here for several years until 2022
Of course there is always the US women who are champions in their field.

Last edited by Mondragon; 10-10-2017 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #81
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Fox just got the rights to the WC. They must be losing it.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:16 PM   #82
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Messi got a hat-trick for Argentina to jump them from 6th to 4th, there won't be enough lotion in christendom for the journo's tomorrow morning!

Shame the US didn't make it as I'd have liked to see Pulisic on the World Cup stage.
I do feel bad for Pulisic. He was busting his ass all qualifying and doesn't walk around with the arrogance and self-importance the majority of these players do.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:52 AM   #83
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

As much the execs at US Soccer don't want to admit there's problems, I think a bunch of stakeholders (namely business partners, players, and coaches) are going to force a big change. After tonight's result, Sunil Gulati and members of the board of directors better not get too comfortable in their positions.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Old 10-11-2017, 01:34 AM   #84
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Watching it in real time was hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.
It really was. I actually didn't care that Mexico lost because they were already in. But their loss to Honduras inadvertently screwed over the US

Old 10-11-2017, 09:35 AM   #85
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

What is the actual standard of USMNT?
Most I've seen are blaming Klinnsman for the poor start - something Arena couldn't rectify in the short period of time.
But no matter how bad previous results were, surely USMNT should have qualified above Panama, right?

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition 2. Superman: The Movie 3. Man of Steel 4. Superman II 5. Superman Returns 6. Superman III 7. Justice league 8. Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
Old 10-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #86
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Most definitely, yeah. It's a bit of a conundrum how nations like Argentina, the Netherlands, and the USA are struggling considering their resources while random little no-horse-town nations seem to be outdoing them.

I'm just grateful these dismal internationals are over, God I hate international breaks.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #87
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:

Saw that. Great contribution, but true haha.

Oh yeah shame, that means a lot less coverage too.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #88
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
That seems to have been settled, Neymar is now taking the penalties and they were all bro hugs and high fives the other night.
Haha
Quote:
I'd have been happy for us to have paid £150M for Neymar.

Quote:
So better the devil you don't know than the devil you do?
Exactly! Better any Devil that doesn't have the name Ashley will do for now.

Quote:
Yes, you're not likely to get a more experienced high end manager, especially one that was willing to go down a division, funding him is the smart move if you want to breajk into the top 6.
Yes and just hope this gets through before it's too late.

Quote:
Apparently Southgate wants to use a 3-4-3 at he World Cup to compensate for the lack of creativity in midfield, but I am hoping Wilshire can find his form and fitness by then as he has the potential to add that quality at CM.

I'm still a bit dubious on Wilshere being the future for England. We've got some individual potential in the team (particularly up front). Would be great if Kane and Rashford could develop a good partnership.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #89
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

This dude hilariously lambasts the US team for not making the WC.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:11 PM   #90
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMan View Post
What is the actual standard of USMNT?
Most I've seen are blaming Klinnsman for the poor start - something Arena couldn't rectify in the short period of time.
But no matter how bad previous results were, surely USMNT should have qualified above Panama, right?
This is was definitely Arena's fault. Not all his fault, but he gets a nice chunk to himself.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:12 PM   #91
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post

This dude hilariously lambasts the US team for not making the WC.
Twellman comes off bad imo, simply because he kept on yelling last night and this morning at people who clearly don't know and don't care.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #92
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Yeah I think he was a little too intense, at least from the perspective that the host guy clearly wasn’t intending on completely laying into the team.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #93
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Yeah I think he was a little too intense, at least from the perspective that the host guy clearly wasn’t intending on completely laying into the team.
Yeah, isn't that he is necessarily wrong. I agree with a lot he had to say in the last 24 hours. Its just the way he went about it, he was looking for others to join in his anger who don't really care. So it came off overly aggressive imo.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #94
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Yeah it was definitely mismatched, although you’re right, what he was saying has a lot of merit.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #95
DarthSkywalker

This whole situation has been quite the sight to see. As for months the entire mantra has been, "so what, they are still going to qualify". And after they beat Panama everyone had booked it like it had already happened. So what happened last night was just... well it was delicious. There is a level of arrogance in US soccer that rivals England at its worst, with even a 1/10th of the pedigree.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #96
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

I'm not really familiar with the US soccer environment but that's quite tough to imagine since they've seemed so focused on developing and improving - it's quite an indictment on them that they grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory this badly.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #97
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
I'm not really familiar with the US soccer environment but that's quite tough to imagine since they've seemed so focused on developing and improving - it's quite an indictment on them that they grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory this badly.
It is a guise imo.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...world-football

US Soccer has talked about their 100m surplus recently, but they really haven't done anything with it. Their grass root efforts have been lip service at best. Truth is soccer is basically pay to play over here. Which is odd, as around the world it seems to be the great equalizer in terms of sport.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #98
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
What happened?

Old 10-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #99
Mondragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
I actually didn't care that Mexico lost because they were already in. But their loss to Honduras inadvertently screwed over the US
Yeah that and actually this apparent non "goal" which never went in, granted to Panama over Costa Rica, also put Panama up a notch knocking US out.

That said I don't know if US was expecting Mexico and Costa Rica to do their work for them and win their games, but there's no excuses for US loss to Tr&Tb, which is all that should have mattered.

Last edited by Mondragon; 10-11-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:31 AM   #100
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...p-media-rights

So PSG's head honcho is facing criminal proceedings after seemingly doing some shady deals with previous FIFA high-up Jerome Valcke where it seems money changed hands.

Closed Thread