The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 01-30-2017, 03:32 AM   #226
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

Default Re: Justice League Dark Animated Film

I enjoyed grumpy logical Batman in these magical situations he doesn't understand, when he usually understands everything.

I wouldn't be opposed to his inclusion in the live action movie if it's used right, though maybe a reduced role ala Suicide Squad compared to Assault on Arkham.

FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:42 PM   #227
_Superman_
Man Of Steel

As much as I liked this movie I'm just sick and tired of Batman being in the middle of everything. Personally I would love another Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash or Aquaman solo movie then anything Batman. I'm just tired of him and feel they are over using him.

_Superman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #228
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Superman_ View Post
As much as I liked this movie I'm just sick and tired of Batman being in the middle of everything. Personally I would love another Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash or Aquaman solo movie then anything Batman. I'm just tired of him and feel they are over using him.
Clearly not for the majority, because he's consistently the top sales pusher. Blame the rest of the fanboys and general audience for the lack of solos for others. Everyone's been given their time to shine in the spotlight and evidently sales weren't strong enough to sustain for sequels.

Jekecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:35 AM   #229
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Batman being in this and on the cover was the main reason powers that be let it get made. I'm not saying it's not a valid criticism. However, in order for this movie to happen, it basically need to have Batman in it.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:40 AM   #230
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
Clearly not for the majority, because he's consistently the top sales pusher. Blame the rest of the fanboys and general audience for the lack of solos for others. Everyone's been given their time to shine in the spotlight and evidently sales weren't strong enough to sustain for sequels.
Well duh, how is anyone else supposed to be interested in anyone else DC has to offer when they never offer them? Everyone else sells fairly decently, just not as quick/much as Bats.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:42 AM   #231
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Well duh, how is anyone else supposed to be interested in anyone else DC has to offer when they never offer them? Everyone else sells fairly decently, just not as quick/much as Bats.
...but they have offered them. My point was they didn't sell well enough to garner more.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:43 AM   #232
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Offering them once is not offering them enough to expect anything as big as Batman. Batman has been given to the audience for years upon years. Tv show, movie, animated show, animated movie, game, etc...

But even their 1 outing, they didn't fail in sales.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:48 AM   #233
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
But even their 1 outing, they didn't fail in sales.
If they didn't, why do you suppose any studio would not continue making them to expand their gross?

Old 02-04-2017, 12:48 AM   #234
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Everyone else sells fairly decently, just not as quick/much as Bats.
In order to keep this schedule of movies going, they need to make enough and as soon as possible to justify continuing at this pace.

I've seen more complaints about all the Justice League members and even for Batman in his Batman & Son flicks being side characters or getting a lot less focus than everyone else since Tucker took over...which is exactly his intent.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:53 AM   #235
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
If they didn't, why do you suppose any studio would not continue making them to expand their gross?
They didn't make as much as Batman and not as quickly as Batman, but they still did good, just not in the amount of time WB wants.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:27 AM   #236
kguillou
Side-Kick

Its a catch 22 situation. On the one hand, yes, its kind of eye rolling that Batman needs to be everywhere all the time but the other side is its a necesaary evil that may need to be done to get these off kilter movies made. Wouls Assault on Arkham have been made if Batman wasnt featured? Probably not and that movie ended up being awesome and MAY have been the gateway to Suicide Squad getting made. Putting Batman in was a necessary evil to get it greenlit though.

In a perfect world it wouldnt be necessary but WB is trying to make money at the end of the day. I think theres a reason why we never got an animated sequel to Wonder Woman which most hail as DC's finest animated feature. Or, if you've noticed we haven't been getting much Superman solo animated features lately. Its either Batman or Justice League.

So, in my opinion? If the only way I get to see Constantine, Swamp Thing and Zatanna in their own film is if Batman is in it, then so be it.

Last edited by kguillou; 02-04-2017 at 10:31 AM.
kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:10 AM   #237
Sterling Archer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Superman_ View Post
Superman has gotten four solo animated movies so far. Whilst that's nowhere near as many as Bats, at least they are all either good or great. I imagine there'll be another sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

Sterling Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:59 AM   #238
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Its a catch 22 situation. On the one hand, yes, its kind of eye rolling that Batman needs to be everywhere all the time but the other side is its a necesaary evil that may need to be done to get these off kilter movies made. Wouls Assault on Arkham have been made if Batman wasnt featured? Probably not and that movie ended up being awesome and MAY have been the gateway to Suicide Squad getting made. Putting Batman in was a necessary evil to get it greenlit though.

In a perfect world it wouldnt be necessary but WB is trying to make money at the end of the day. I think theres a reason why we never got an animated sequel to Wonder Woman which most hail as DC's finest animated feature. Or, if you've noticed we haven't been getting much Superman solo animated features lately. Its either Batman or Justice League.

So, in my opinion? If the only way I get to see Constantine, Swamp Thing and Zatanna in their own film is if Batman is in it, then so be it.
Hopefully people support Teen Titans: Judas Contract in a big way so we can keep getting Teen Titans animations. If anything, it would atleast give Teen Titans fans an enjoyable alternative to that abomination known as Teen Titans Go!

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
sweetre15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:35 AM   #239
KnightErrant
Banned User

This was a cool easter egg.

KnightErrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #240
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
This was a cool easter egg.

Hopefully, it's foreshadowing. I have a feeling Fate didn't show up because he is OP. Zatanna alone can wreck ****. Fate and Zatanna is overkill. Might as well be the A-Team Justice League if they're going to stick both of them together.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #241
Loki882
Side-Kick

I see that they got Jeremy Davies to voice Ritchie Simpson. For those who don't know, Davies also played Simpson in NBC's Constantine show. Nice touch there.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:20 PM   #242
kguillou
Side-Kick

Just watched this, I quite enjoyed it, although at the risk of being flamed off the boards, I felt a bit lost throughout the middle portion of the movie. I think it was due to my unfamiliarity with this corner of the DC universe, I felt like a lot of magic jargon and mythology and characters were being thrown at us very quickly and I think the movie could've did a little better to introduce this whole corner of DC better to the layman.

But I think upon a rewatch, i'll enjoy it more. Some really impressive action sequences and animation. And yeah, I was disappointed with Swamp Thing's role in the movie especially since he's on the dang cover of the movie. But I would like to see a sequel with these characters, I hope this does well, sales wise but this might be a little out there for the casual audience. I watched this with my brother who enjoys the DC animated movies and he said he liked the characters but was totally lost as to what was going on.

1) JUSTICE LEAGUE 2) John Wick 2 9/10 3) Logan 8.5/10 4) BladeRunner 2049 9/10 5) Wonder Woman 8/10 6) ALIEN: Covenant 7.5/10 7) WAR Of The Planet of The Apes 8.5/10 8) Ghost in The Shell 6/10 9) Kingsman: Golden Circle 9/10 10) Atomic Blonde 7/10
kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #243
2kt09
Here 'N' There

33:00 mark

Jay Oliva cites Fullmetal Alchemist as his inspiration. Also, talks about the movie in general.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #244
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Unlike a lot of people here it seems, I actually liked Swamp Thing in the movie. I liked his lines, voice, acting, and design. He had such a short and sweet role in the movie. Maybe a better showing in the final battle would have helped a little but he did alright.

Best part of the movie was Zatanna's power display (although I didn't like her design much).

The whole concept is fun though and would make a great movie. I wish stupid Suicide Squad didn't use a supernatural villain.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:23 AM   #245
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Got around to watching this.

I certainly enjoyed more than the other New 52 DTVs.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:23 AM   #246
signalman
Side-Kick

I thought it was a good romp. Gets a solid 'B' from me.
Also the SWAMP THING special feature with Len Wein and Kelly Jones was well done.

signalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:16 AM   #247
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Hope they use this for sequels and a variation of it for Dark Universe live action.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:19 PM   #248
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

http://www.futurehorsepod.com/oliva2/

Jay Oliva interview. Talks about JLD and other WBA.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #249
-VisionsVision-
RAMPAGE

Hey guys what's the latest on this? Any chance that Swamp Thing will be on the roster if this ever gets made?

EDIT - I thought this thread was for the live action. My. Bad!

Old 02-24-2017, 02:41 PM   #250
Boom
I got nothin'

This is the thread for the animated film, Vision.