The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 02-15-2017, 03:36 PM   #76
Johnny Frost
Joker's consigliere

Default Re: The Hypothetical DCEU Reboot Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Cancel the DCEU. Expand the Arrowverse. Problem solved.
Nah

Johnny Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #77
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
WB has one of two options IMO if this goes sour. 1) Reboot from scratch and create a division within the company specifically for superhero films, whoever heads that division has full executive power to make the day to day decisions for the overall universe. 2) Revert to separate universes for the characters and allow film makers the chance to bring their vision to the screen like they did with Chris Nolan. Either scenario requires someone in charge, at the moment there is no one in charge.
I thought that was the whole purpose of Warner Bros. creating DC Films and making Geoff Johns the president of that company. Too separate the DC Comics based movies from the rest of the WB movies and
concentrate exclusively on DC Comics based movies. What you are describing is exactly what Warner Bros. already did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer0327 View Post
I think starting over is a major step backwards. Might as well scrap everything and wait 5-10 years and try again later.
And lose out on the billions of dollars they won't be making in those years, that Disney will be making? If it comes down to that, just scrap everything right now and start over right now.
If these new movies are then any good most people won't care.

Quote:
And you can always recast Batman if Affleck wants out. I think that's no problem whatsoever.
Batman is bigger than any one actor anyway. If the actor they cast and the movie is any good most people won't care. I know I won't care.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:44 PM   #78
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
I thought that was the whole purpose of Warner Bros. creating DC Films and making Geoff Johns the president of that company. Too separate the DC Comics based movies from the rest of the WB movies and
concentrate exclusively on DC Comics based movies. What you are describing is exactly what Warner Bros. already did.
Johns clearly has no power to do anything over there at the moment. I'm talking about someone who has completed control over the division.

My Etsy store. SHH members get a discount. :) https://www.etsy.com/shop/JMCGraphics

Artwork and Manip Videos: https://www.youtube.com/fanartexhibit

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote