The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 12-03-2016, 06:21 PM   #26
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Default Re: Teen Titans: The Judas Contract is back on

Agreed. Get a new voice actor for Deathstroke to while they are at it. He was the worst IMO.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #27
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade W View Post
I am not happy about Damian being in it either. I hope Nightwing is in it, but sadly, after the Son of Batman, I think Damien will be the main hero against Deathstroke.
Sam Liu did say on twitter that Nightwing would have a huge role in this animation despite already being Nightwing so hopefully it means Damien's getting downplayed.

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
sweetre15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #28
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
Sam Liu did say on twitter that Nightwing would have a huge role in this animation despite already being Nightwing so hopefully it means Damien's getting downplayed.
That is great to hear. Thanks.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #29
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:40 PM   #30
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Cool. Hopefully Nightwing's role is much bigger than Damian's.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #31
Rorschach2012
Number One Guy

Damian really has no place in this story.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:50 PM   #32
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

I am happy to see they have a new voice actor for Deathstroke, Miguel Ferrer. Hopefully he will do a great job, but it is a shame they didn't get Perlman. The voice actor for Son of Batman was terrible IMO.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:06 PM   #33
2kt09
Here 'N' There

We still don't know if this is the same Deathstroke that was supposed to have been killed in SoB.
They already did the haunted by his ghosts in JL vs Titans, so not much need for Damian.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #34
Rorschach2012
Number One Guy

Thank god they got a new voice actor for Deathstroke. I also agree that the guy in Son of Batman was horrible. Worst Deathstroke voice actor by far.

Ferrer is fine but would've preferred Perlman.

Ron Perlman is Deathstroke in the same way that Conroy is Batman

Old 01-19-2017, 02:07 PM   #35
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Thank god they got a new voice actor for Deathstroke. I also agree that the guy in Son of Batman was horrible. Worst Deathstroke voice actor by far.

Ferrer is fine but would've preferred Perlman.

Ron Perlman is Deathstroke in the same way that Conroy is Batman
Agreed. I still read what Deathstroke says in the comics in Perlman's voice.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #36
Juan1193
Side-Kick

I kind of wish they gave Terra longer hair but its all good. That's just a minor nit pick. I'm looking forward to the movie and I'm so happy Blue Beetle is back as well!

Juan1193 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:53 PM   #37
Rorschach2012
Number One Guy

Holy **** Miguel Ferrer died! Rip. He is a huge figure in dc media

He was the Weather Wizard in the failed JL pilot, he reprised that role in the DCAU. He's voiced countless dc characters in addition to WW. Fantastic voice actor

Morbid but I wonder if he finished work on Judas Contract. I'm guessing yes, they don't usually announce actors until the work is finished

Old 01-19-2017, 07:04 PM   #38
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Holy **** Miguel Ferrer died! Rip. He is a huge figure in dc media

He was the Weather Wizard in the failed JL pilot, he reprised that role in the DCAU. He's voiced countless dc characters in addition to WW. Fantastic voice actor

Morbid but I wonder if he finished work on Judas Contract. I'm guessing yes, they don't usually announce actors until the work is finished
That is horrible to hear. May he RIP .

Old 01-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #39
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

I wish I could be more excited about this dtv but the line up just sucks.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:14 PM   #40
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Well I hope Slade is redeemed big time after his atrocious showing in Son of Batman.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:19 PM   #41
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I wish I could be more excited about this dtv but the line up just sucks.
Um, it's almost the same line up as the original JC story. They've only replaced Cyborg with Beetle (which is an improvement tbh).

Otherwise you've got Dick, Raven, Starfire, Terra and Beast Boy who're in the source material as well. Oh and yeah Donna Troy is out but she was superfluous in the original story and really unimportant overall. Even comic Damian has more history with Slade than she does.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:01 AM   #42
batdude
Side-Kick

I hate to be the one to state the obvious here but the Judas Contract was published years before Damian or the third Blue Beetle were created. At least Donna Troy was in the original story

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:13 AM   #43
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
I hate to be the one to state the obvious here but the Judas Contract was published years before Damian or the third Blue Beetle were created. At least Donna Troy was in the original story
Yes but they've retained the line up that mattered to the basic story. They've got Dick,Slade,Terra and Beast Boy and they've got Raven and Starfire to almost complete the set.

Damian and Beetle are there because they're 2 characters DC is interested in pushing, because they've already been established in this universe and the team. Also this movie is coming out in 2017 not 1980's so it's pretty obvious they'll want it to reflect their current generation of young/TT characters. It would be bad business to leave out 2 of their bigger modern young characters out of a franchise catered towards the young especially one who is Hispanic and the other who is freaking Robin. Besides It's not like Civil War movie had the exact same line up from the comics either.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #44
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade W View Post
I am happy to see they have a new voice actor for Deathstroke, Miguel Ferrer. Hopefully he will do a great job, but it is a shame they didn't get Perlman. The voice actor for Son of Batman was terrible IMO.
Yeah, I wouldn't have looked forward to it at all if they kept that guy , but Perlman would've been ideal .

hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #45
Juan1193
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegabat View Post
Yes but they've retained the line up that mattered to the basic story. They've got Dick,Slade,Terra and Beast Boy and they've got Raven and Starfire to almost complete the set.

Damian and Beetle are there because they're 2 characters DC is interested in pushing, because they've already been established in this universe and the team. Also this movie is coming out in 2017 not 1980's so it's pretty obvious they'll want it to reflect their current generation of young/TT characters. It would be bad business to leave out 2 of their bigger modern young characters out of a franchise catered towards the young especially one who is Hispanic and the other who is freaking Robin. Besides It's not like Civil War movie had the exact same line up from the comics either.
I couldn't have said it better myself! I'm so glad they're using Damian Wayne and Jaime Reyes as well! I wish they would add Static/Virgil too but I love the current line-up! It's better than any of the line-ups the comics have given us lately

Juan1193 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:54 PM   #46
Gabe99
Side-Kick

BleedingCool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Watters
As was a lifelong fan of comics, he spoke of Batman as always having been his favorite character. He did have the opportunity to act in comics as the DC comics supervillain, the Weather Wizard, in both animated form (Superman (1996)) and live-action (Justice League of America (1997)).
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #47
Jason Kane
Side-Kick

Quote:

Except here's the major difference: Jaime is likable. Damian is far from it to where he's flat out divisive. Has been and will be no matter how hard DiDio and co keep hijacking and stifling Tucker, Liu and the gang

Jason Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:57 PM   #48
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Kane View Post
Except here's the major difference: Jaime is likable. Damian is far from it to where he's flat out divisive. Has been and will be no matter how hard DiDio and co keep hijacking and stifling Tucker, Liu and the gang
Please, Didio has no power on Tucker, that's absolutely ridiculous and you cant back it with any proof.

Damian is Robin
He's a Grant Morrison character
He's popular (shock) yes he IS popular, especially among kids
He's been a major part of 2 well received Batman runs in the last decade. His solo series from the DC You era was the most successful financially out of all those that were released and enjoyed high critical acclaim which is saying something because it had to compete with the likes of Midnighter and Omega Men
He paved the way for characters like Jon Kent and Emiko Queen
DC reversed his death against the wishes of Morrison himself due to the wishes of fans and creators
Only Frank Miller TDK 3 had more variants than Damian's upcoming Super Sons in recent memory which shows that its hotly anticipated.
Most importantly he's the son of Batman

Animated Damian is divisive because they never use him for comedy like they do in the comics and make him too op.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:47 AM   #49
Lantern Venom
Your Mom's #1 Hypester

Quote:
Well I hope Slade is redeemed big time after his atrocious showing in Son of Batman.
Son of Batman was a 74-minute Gary Stu-fest. Even by comic book standards, the feats that Damian did in that film were ridiculous.

BBN 4 Life
"I'm a person just like you, but I've got better things to do than sit around and smoke dope, 'cause I know that I can cope. Laugh at the thought of eating ludes. Laugh at the thought of sniffing glue. Always gonna keep in touch; never want to use a crutch. I've got the Straight Edge." --MINOR THREAT
Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:57 AM   #50
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

It wasn't necessarily Slade losing to Damian that was the problem. Slade was just bad in general in the movie.