The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 09-30-2016, 10:18 AM   #51
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Default Re: Does anyone here want a Live Action Teen Titans film?

Hell yes I do, but I want a mix of old and new(er), make it more like Young Justice

Cyborg
Nightwing
Starfire
Kid Flash
Beast Boy
Aqualad
Starfire

I'd have it be like the first episode of Young Justice where they infilatrate Cadmus and then have Superboy be the villain turned hero by the end.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:32 PM   #52
Juan1193
Side-Kick

Why are people underestimating the Titans and their popularity? We've had three very successful animated shows that featured a variety of young heroes and introduced the concept to the masses (Teen Titans, Young Justice, Teen Titans Go). They're also getting their third animated movie next year because this years film did so well!! The fanbase is there and the demand is as well!!

As for the line-up, id go with the animated movie line-up, with Aqualad being a wildcard. His inclusion depends on if hes in the Aquaman movie.

Robin (Damien)
Raven
Beast Boy
Blue Beetle
Starfire
Aqualad (Kaldurahm)

No Kid Flash because including him makes no sense with The Flash being so young. No Arsenal because Green Arrow hasn't been introduced yet. No Wonder Girl because her inclusion doesn't make sense currently. As for Nightwing and Cyborg, maybe have them as cameos but not as full fledged members since Cyborg is already a JL member.

Juan1193 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:42 PM   #53
BH/HHH
You Are My World

I never ever want to see Damien Wayne in live action.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:24 PM   #54
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I never ever want to see Damien Wayne in live action.
Well it's probably going to happen. And Ra's and Talia's introduction in the DCEU will likely be directly tied to Damian

I like Tim, but Damian's backstory is soooo much more interesting. Tim's backstory is honestly pretty lame. And the one interesting element of Tim's origin (deducing Batman's identity) was already done on film with John Blake

I grew up with Tim. But Damian is going to be used I bet. There's a lot more potential with his character to be honest.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:25 PM   #55
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza

Quote:
Hell yes I do, but I want a mix of old and new(er), make it more like Young Justice

Cyborg
Nightwing
Starfire
Kid Flash
Beast Boy
Aqualad
Starfire

I'd have it be like the first episode of Young Justice where they infilatrate Cadmus and then have Superboy be the villain turned hero by the end.
You forgot Raven bro. She's one of the most important members of the team, I think she's a guarantee. The second biggest Titans villain is directly tied to her.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:19 PM   #56
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza

Quote:

Cyborg
Nightwing
Starfire
Kid Flash
Beast Boy
Aqualad
Starfire

You forgot Raven bro. She's one of the most important members of the team, I think she's a guarantee. The second biggest Titans villain is directly tied to her.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:30 PM   #57
Juan1193
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
He listed Starfire twice. One of those Starfires is probably meant to be Raven. Anyway I think he went with the NTT lineuo minus Wonder Girl and Red Arrow. To be honest though, I don't see Kid Flash making the movie line-up or Superboy.

I'd say Nightwing, Cyborg, Raven, Aqualad (Kaldur/Jackson), Beast Boy, Starfire, Robin (Damien) and Blue Beetle have the highest chances of making up the DCEU Titans roster, in no particular order. And I'm ok with that.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:55 PM   #58
Fincher
Too far gone

I want Starfire and Raven. Other than that, I'm pretty flexible, although I think Cyborg shouldn't be in the Titans since he's in the Justice League.

Fincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #59
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan1193 View Post
He listed Starfire twice. One of those Starfires is probably meant to be Raven. Anyway I think he went with the NTT lineuo minus Wonder Girl and Red Arrow. To be honest though, I don't see Kid Flash making the movie line-up or Superboy.

I'd say Nightwing, Cyborg, Raven, Aqualad (Kaldur/Jackson), Beast Boy, Starfire, Robin (Damien) and Blue Beetle have the highest chances of making up the DCEU Titans roster, in no particular order. And I'm ok with that.
We definitely agree on the lineup. The Robin issue is complicated though. Because Batman and the Robins already have a preexisting history, but so far, there are no other sidekicks. I can see Damian taking Tim's role, but then I think about the way Conner, Bart, Cassie and Tim interacted in the comics and I think that we can't skip that. That is, if we can get to that second generation of Titans..

Kid Flash and Superboy are two of my favorite characters, but due to the nature of their origins, we'll probably have to wait a while to get them into the DCEU.

Hopefully we can get to them eventually.

Also, I personally am a way bigger fan of Cassie Sandsmark over Donna Troy. Donna's backstory is wack and needs a complete overhaul. Cassie's is simple and interesting and she has a great personality.

I loved the second generation of Titans, it would be great if they could get to Tim, Conner, Cassie and Bart eventually. Those four work so well together! This would have to be in the way future though. Still, the DCEU is moving right along so who knows what the future holds?

Old 10-01-2016, 03:59 AM   #60
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Yes I knew I forgot someone

Old 10-01-2016, 08:25 AM   #61
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza

Damn the lineup of Teen Titans Rebirth is actually pretty damn perfect.

Robin
Kid Flash
Raven
Starfire
Beast Boy

If we got that in the movies, I'd be totally cool. The age of this Wally would actually work with Ezra's Barry too.

Honestly I think Titans should wait until we get a second Justice League movie. At that point, Wally could feasibly be introduced.

It's pretty weird what they're doing in the comics with the two Wallys.. but I'm cool with Wally being race bent, he brings some needed diversity to the team.

Ah god I hope this movie happens. Every movie, they should introduce new members. How would people feel about Static joining the team?

Also the more I think about it, the more I feel that we don't really need Cyborg on the team. He's fine where he is on the Justice League

Old 10-03-2016, 12:05 AM   #62
sweetre15
Positive Page

On a more superficial note, How would you guys react to the theme from the 2003 Teen Titans series being used in the ending credits or referenced in the movie via a comic relief scene?

sweetre15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:51 AM   #63
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

I would love it.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:07 AM   #64
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

It would be better to use it as comic relief during the movie.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:02 PM   #65
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade W View Post
It would be better to use it as comic relief during the movie.
Similar to the scene in "Trouble in Tokyo" when Beast Boy sung it for those Japanese girls? " lol

Or something like an elevator scene where they hum the song akin to the type of scenes used in MCU films?

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 10-04-2016, 06:00 PM   #66
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
On a more superficial note, How would you guys react to the theme from the 2003 Teen Titans series being used in the ending credits or referenced in the movie via a comic relief scene?
Love it I would

Old 10-07-2016, 02:09 AM   #67
sweetre15
Positive Page

So guys, should Starfire and Blackfire's animosity towards each other be explored in a Teen Titans movie?

I think Blackfire being a main villain in a Teen titans movie would be a good way to put Starfire in the limelight since presumably a movie about Trigon would do that for Raven and Judas Contract would do that for both Dick and Beast Boy simultaneously due to Deathstroke's connection to Dick and Terra would have a potential subplot implying a close dynamic with Beast Boy/Changeling

Old 10-07-2016, 09:04 AM   #68
Superchan
Side-Kick

I liked the marv wolveman/Goerge perez run as much the next guy but I never really cared all that much for the TT, Nightwing is the only member of that team that I give hoot about so I want to see a netflicks 10 ep nightwing show with various members like raven and cyborg making guest appearances.

Superchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:32 AM   #69
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
So guys, should Starfire and Blackfire's animosity towards each other be explored in a Teen Titans movie?

I think Blackfire being a main villain in a Teen titans movie would be a good way to put Starfire in the limelight since presumably a movie about Trigon would do that for Raven and Judas Contract would do that for both Dick and Beast Boy simultaneously due to Deathstroke's connection to Dick and Terra would have a potential subplot implying a close dynamic with Beast Boy/Changeling
I see Titans as a trilogy
Movie 1: Brother Blood and HIVE
Movie 2: Deathstroke and Terra
Movie 3: Trigon

Blackfire is a fine character but there are stronger villains I would like to see first

Old 10-07-2016, 12:56 PM   #70
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
I see Titans as a trilogy
Movie 1: Brother Blood and HIVE
Movie 2: Deathstroke and Terra
Movie 3: Trigon

Blackfire is a fine character but there are stronger villains I would like to see first
You could foreshadow her via Flashbacks to provide context for how Starfire came to earth in the first movie and then have her finally show up in a potential 4th film

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 10-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #71
Big Al
Side-Kick

Yes, that way boring Cyborg can have his spotlight and we can have better heroes like Martian Manhunter in the Justice League instead.

Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #72
Juan1193
Side-Kick

I think Dean Israelite would be a great choice to direct Teen Titans since he can pull off believable teen characters (ie Project Almanac, Power Rangers).

My line-up would be Nightwing, Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Blue Beetle. Maybe add in Kaldurahm or Static

Old 10-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #73
sweetre15
Positive Page

I also want to know...What's the best way to approach the sexual aspects of Starfire in the movies? Because it's a significant part of her character due to expanding on the culture of her species BUT I have a feeling the PC brigade would have a heart attack if Starfire's hilariously revealing outfits from various comics and her "promisicuity" that is usually portrayed as a dimension of her "All-Loving Hero" persona made the cut in a big blockbuster.

Im personally torn because again it's a part of her character but at the same time we've had certain comic writers mishandle that part of her and it's not hard to believe a movie writer would potentially handle it even worse

However Starfire's persona from the 2003 toon largely ignores it and her characterization still seems to be generally well received there.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #74
ManWithNoName18
Side-Kick

I'd expect a change in Starfire's costume. Star fire in comics can sometimes be over sexualized and had some really revealing outfits in her history. Like this for example

Recently they've had her covered up a little more sill no pants

ManWithNoName18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:02 PM   #75
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

I would be happy with her characterization from the 2003 show.