The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 10-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #76
ManWithNoName18
Side-Kick

Default Re: Does anyone here want a Live Action Teen Titans film?

A few Starfire fan art redesigns I've seen

Armored look

Something that looks Greek hoplite inspired

Full body

And here's a funny one. A guy dressed as Starfire's classic look

ManWithNoName18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 02:43 PM   #77
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithNoName18 View Post
A few Starfire fan art redesigns I've seen

Armored look

Something that looks Greek hoplite inspired

Full body

And here's a funny one. A guy dressed as Starfire's classic look
lol there's a design ready for when they want to give Starfire a serious love interest xD

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
sweetre15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:25 PM   #78
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade W View Post
I would be happy with her characterization from the 2003 show.
I second this motion, partially because I've never been too impressed with the character outside of that series. Plus, having her be an overall gleeful and exuberant person first and a sexual person second works better I think for making her sexuality seem like it comes from a different society. There's just something about making a character seem more emphatic that makes their sensuality seem more like a natural expression of happiness than some kind of male fantasy archetype, though it y close to the manic pixie dream girl trend.

Just don't do anything that Scott Lobdel did in the early New 52 with the character.

-C.S. Lewis

My buddy and I started a Podcast! http://franchisewars.madewithopinion...kham-analysis/
BATMAN: ARKHAM ANALYSIS
Asylum, City, Origins, Blackgate, and bit of Knight.
godisawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #79
hopeless
Side-Kick

How about Damien founds the group under the lie they're a reserve team for the Justice League when in fact they were formed to eventually fight them as part of a diversion for the League of Assassins?

Nightwing stumbles onto their scheme and they turn on Damien after he tries to get them to kill the hero.

Nightwing introduces them to Cyborg proving both that he was telling the truth and incarcerating the evil Robin whose revealed to actually be the son of Batman and Talia (Note at no point do they reveal Batman is Bruce Wayne in case you were wondering!).

Damien issues his usual threats and is ignored which turns out to be one of the various backup plans of the League allowing Damien to make use of some of Batman's backdoors to escape the Watchtower's cells and takeover the orbital installation allowing League operatives to assume control whilst the League is busy on world.

At this point only the Teen Titans, Nightwing & Cyborg are able to deal with the problem eventually taking back the Watchtower but not before Damien uses an escape pod to return to the planet below as the League handle returning the Watchtower to orbit as one of the various diversions used to allow his escape.

Cyborg is made liaison to the new team and Nightwing its temporary leader until they're fully established using one of the various facilities used by Cyborg to maintain his systems he just arranged for them to act as a trouble shooter team in case Damien or any of his other teams make an appearance.

I figure the team would consist of;

Aqualad recruiting the YJ version instead being the son of Black Mantis they assumed he would follow in his father's footsteps but Damien considered him a rival so didn't make use of that!

Beast Boy former member of the Doom Patrol long treated as the team mascot and wanting to get out of their shadow he would be the comedy relief but after Nightwing the next most experienced team member.
Damien seriously underestimated Garth and realising that makes Damien his nemesis.

Red Arrow/Arsenal estranged former sidekick of the Arrow, his former mentor left him crippled in an attempt to end his career as he feared for his life but Damien arranged for his recovery but is using that to make him his mole on the team something that backfires when he tries to send the Watchtower crashing earthwards.
Has a lot to make up for but unlike Damien shows genuine remorse for his actions renaming himself and his abilities to completely separate his past career as Arrow's sidekick.

Wonder Girl the daughter of a woman who was left shipwrecked on the shores of Themyscira she was sent back to man's world against her wishes as part of a deal to prove their place in the United Nations.
She is actually a daughter of one of the Titans a fact she is unaware of but explains her powers but she is far from the psychopath Damien expected even going so far to show compassion even if she'd rather return to the home she grew up in the events of this would reveal she has grown up enough to realise she no longer needs her safety blanket and is happy as part of the new team even if she still can't abide Damien who has a crush on her.

Raven the mysterious amnesiac Damien brought on the team is a wild card unlike the others she is very much the outsider her abilities are quite potent but Damien's attempt to secure her services and the rest of the teams reaction to that is why she remains a part of the team even if she still doesn't find Beast Boy's jokes funny!

Starfire a prisoner they freed shortly after Damien brought them together one of a pair the League recovered from alien slavers who wandered too close to the Earth and tried to prey on the locals.
Her sister Blackfire leads one of the other teams Damien founds and is only seen picking up Damien at the end of this movie or pilot.
Blackfire tried to sell Starfire into slavery but both were enslaved and tortured because their ability to absorb solar energy resembled the kryptonian ability a bit too much.
Nightwing eventually helps her recover from the various traumas she suffered but that takes time better shown in a tv series than movie but she ends up helping the team after Raven befriends her using her talents to help Starfire get over enough of her psychosis to stand against Damien who is very much intimidated by her.

Enemies:
Damien maybe should call him Red X after this?
Wants to prove himself to his father and taking away his teams bases seems a good start, misusing the JLA's reputation to found a number of supervillain teams was also his idea but Blackfire used it to establish HIVE although the League of Assassins placed Deathstroke in charge before he eventually sorted out the hierarchy and left Blackfire in charge of building a rival organisation to the Teen Titans.

Blackfire older sister and a wanted criminal who tried to enslave her younger sister who unlike her was the apple of their parents eye mostly because she preferred the life of a pirate and wealthy criminal over helping rebuild their homeworld.
Amused at Damien's antics but very annoyed he prefers her sister to her working to become his superior is just one of her goals but is very tempted to head home to conquer it once she has rebuilt her resources enough to try...

The League of Assassins recently restored their ancient leader after Batman all but killed him the last time they met.
Talia is trying to assume his place but is unwilling to depose her father which is why Ra's is hoping her son Damien will eventually prove his worth and replace him as leader.

Was thinking of introducing others potential recruits for Damien's side like Harlequin whose actually the daughter of the Joker well claims to be since her mother being insane as her daughter is led her to believe quite a few of Batman's Rogue's Gallery could be her biological father...

So many possibilities is it bad I want Damien to be the villain?

Last edited by hopeless; 10-25-2016 at 02:12 PM.
hopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:59 PM   #80
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
I second this motion, partially because I've never been too impressed with the character outside of that series. Plus, having her be an overall gleeful and exuberant person first and a sexual person second works better I think for making her sexuality seem like it comes from a different society. There's just something about making a character seem more emphatic that makes their sensuality seem more like a natural expression of happiness than some kind of male fantasy archetype, though it y close to the manic pixie dream girl trend.

Just don't do anything that Scott Lobdel did in the early New 52 with the character.
Yes it's probably best to portray her sexual nature as a dimension of her character and not literally her character because you'd get something like the new 52 version that many deemed as turning Starfire into a "flippant whore" due to missing the mark on her characterization in that regard.

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 10-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #81
Victarion
Iron Captain

Yes. Slade and Trigon.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:47 PM   #82
sweetre15
Positive Page

Also would it be a good idea to set the Teen titans Movie in a time frame after Jason's Todd was killed but before BVS?

You can do something like having Dick Grayson decide to leave Gotham when he sees what Bruce has become and how harsh his methods now are.

Due to this you can have the Teen Titans movie set in Bludhaven away from what's going on with the Justice League, Suicide Squad etc

Old 10-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #83
Juan1193
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
Also would it be a good idea to set the Teen titans Movie in a time frame after Jason's Todd was killed but before BVS?

You can do something like having Dick Grayson decide to leave Gotham when he sees what Bruce has become and how harsh his methods now are.

Due to this you can have the Teen Titans movie set in Bludhaven away from what's going on with the Justice League, Suicide Squad etc
I don't think that would work because that would mean the Titans formed before the Justice League but then again Task Force X/Suicide Squad formed before the League so anything is possible.

Juan1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #84
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan1193 View Post
I don't think that would work because that would mean the Titans formed before the Justice League but then again Task Force X/Suicide Squad formed before the League so anything is possible.
Or you can show said scene of Robin leaving for Bludhaven as a flashback and have the Titans still be formed after the Justice League

Old 10-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #85
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Yes. Give me a live action TT film.

Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:36 AM   #86
jihado86
Side-Kick

I don't care.

jihado86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 04:04 PM   #87
sweetre15
Positive Page

Now for Terra....Do you guys want her original backstabbing, lying, conniving, unstable characterization or the more sympathetic and tragic figure she was in 2003 cartoon?

Old 11-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #88
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

That is a tough one. I think the cartoon one was better because the reasons she was doing what she was doing were explained better, and it made Slade even more diabolical. In the comic, her reasons for being evil were not explained as well as the cartoon. Whatever way they go, they have to explain and get us to understand why she is doing what she is doing. I am leaning more towards the carton version ATM, but that could change.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #89
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
That is a tough one. I think the cartoon one was better because the reasons she was doing what she was doing were explained better, and it made Slade even more diabolical. In the comic, her reasons for being evil were not explained as well as the cartoon. Whatever way they go, they have to explain and get us to understand why she is doing what she is doing. I am leaning more towards the carton version ATM, but that could change.
It also helped in getting rid of the pedophile aspect of Deathstroke'a characterization.

The tricky part for me is do I want a sympathetic Terra or a Terra that played with Beast Boy's heart strings like it was a ukulele and simply hated the Titans simply because they were heroes or "do gooders".

If there is some way to combine them where she starts out wanting to do it and hating the idea of heroes before connecting with them due to their personalities rubbing off on her, it would be ideal provided that it didn't end up coming off as contrived.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:15 PM   #90
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

I truly do not understand why this hasn't been done years ago.

hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:14 PM   #91
sweetre15
Positive Page

So would the villains for the trilogy work being done like this?:

Movie 1: Blackfire

Movie 2: Deathstroke/H.I.V.E/Terra

Movie 3: Trigon

Old 11-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #92
sweetre15
Positive Page

And would this costume work for Starfire in live action?:

Old 11-24-2016, 09:48 PM   #93
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Definitely want a TT film for two main reasons: Starfire and Raven.

A thousand times yes on this.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:37 AM   #94
Set
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
Could you imagine a Judas Contract movie? I can see that being as dark as Captain America: Winter Soldier
I'd love that.

I'm not sure how well some of the Teen Titans would lend themselves to live-action. Nightwing's just a gymnastic parkour dude, but Starfire and Changeling, in particular, are going to be funky. A six foot actress painted orange in a purple bikini with massive curly hair down past her butt, who flies on a trail of fire? That's gonna be a fun casting call. And CGI animal fur and feathers tend to look awful, even when Peter Jackson is throwing the gross national product of New Zealand at them, having a exponentially smaller budget, and then making them green, to boot, sounds like it would look terrible.

That said, I'm not opposed to changes, such as Changeling's animal forms (or real form) not being green... I'm far more interested in his characterization being better than it usually is on Teen Titans cartoons, where he's kind of a twit, than on what color he is.

Terra's earth manipulation also promises to be a bank-buster. I vaguely recall the Heroes showrunners kvetching about how much it cost them to make a tiny little earth-tremor go back and forth between two earth-manipulators in one of their finales and it looking cheap and boring on the screen, about as convincing as someone running their hand under the sheet to tease their cat.

Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:42 PM   #95
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Set View Post
I'd love that.

I'm not sure how well some of the Teen Titans would lend themselves to live-action. Nightwing's just a gymnastic parkour dude, but Starfire and Changeling, in particular, are going to be funky. A six foot actress painted orange in a purple bikini with massive curly hair down past her butt, who flies on a trail of fire? That's gonna be a fun casting call. And CGI animal fur and feathers tend to look awful, even when Peter Jackson is throwing the gross national product of New Zealand at them, having a exponentially smaller budget, and then making them green, to boot, sounds like it would look terrible.

That said, I'm not opposed to changes, such as Changeling's animal forms (or real form) not being green... I'm far more interested in his characterization being better than it usually is on Teen Titans cartoons, where he's kind of a twit, than on what color he is.

Terra's earth manipulation also promises to be a bank-buster. I vaguely recall the Heroes showrunners kvetching about how much it cost them to make a tiny little earth-tremor go back and forth between two earth-manipulators in one of their finales and it looking cheap and boring on the screen, about as convincing as someone running their hand under the sheet to tease their cat.
You could always either

A) Cast a darker skinned race actress to play Starfire

Or

B) Just have an actress bronze abit instead of her being full on Orange

Now in regards to Teen Titans, I have a good feeling that it would get a solid budget because both Teen Titans cartoons were/are popular and Young Justice is also returning by popular demand.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #96
sweetre15
Positive Page

So when it comes to setting up Judas Contract would it be best to introduce Terra in the first movie to build up that dynamic or introduce her in the sequel and still have the events mostly happen in similar fashion?

I mean what if we have them fight Brother Blood at the beginning of the movie while showing that Terra might not exactly be loyal and then get into the plots of

- Dick Grayson breaking himself away from the Identity of Robin

- Wally West contemplating retiring as a hero to just live a regular civilian life

- Adeline and Jericho watching over Slade and later revealing his personal history to Dick Grayson

- Beast Boy and Terra getting "closer" with him revealing more of how he actually feels and his own personal insecurities to her

I mean if you just took Judas Contract'a plot and tried to adapt it down to the letter page for page it wouldn't be long enough for a two hour movie unless you padded it with extra scenes.

So what are your thoughts on this?

Old 12-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #97
Juan1193
Side-Kick

I doubt we'd get an exact adaption of the Judas Contract. Most likely they'd change it up a bit like the cartoon did or the upcoming animated movie is going to do. Some of the characters that were in the original comic don't make sense in the context of the DCEU, plus Dick is most likely already Nightwing. Rule number one of comicbook adaptions whether its animated or live-action, is never expect an EXACT adaption!

Juan1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:10 PM   #98
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan1193 View Post
I doubt we'd get an exact adaption of the Judas Contract. Most likely they'd change it up a bit like the cartoon did or the upcoming animated movie is going to do. Some of the characters that were in the original comic don't make sense in the context of the DCEU, plus Dick is most likely already Nightwing. Rule number one of comicbook adaptions whether its animated or live-action, is never expect an EXACT adaption!
All true I just hope most of the plot beats would remain fairly the same

Old 12-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #99
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

I think that whatever they do, Slade must be introduced before Terra, and that before Terras betrayal, she must have been with the team long enough so that it is a big deal and shock (a shock for those that do not read comics of course) when we find out she works with Deathstroke. TT is more suited to a TV show IMO.

What do people here prefer, the TV Judas Contract or the comic one? Or do you like both equally, but prefer certain aspects of one over the other and in a movie or show, would like a mix of both?

Old 12-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #100
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
I think that whatever they do, Slade must be introduced before Terra, and that before Terras betrayal, she must have been with the team long enough so that it is a big deal and shock (a shock for those that do not read comics of course) when we find out she works with Deathstroke. TT is more suited to a TV show IMO.

What do people here prefer, the TV Judas Contract or the comic one? Or do you like both equally, but prefer certain aspects of one over the other and in a movie or show, would like a mix of both?
I personally would prefer a mix of both

Where the plot beats are fairly the same as the comic but with the characterization of Terra from the cartoon injected into it.

Also, is it hard to imagine "Bittersweet Symphony" playing in the background when the Titans are shown grieving over Terra in front of her statue? To me that song stays in my head when I reread that scene in the comics...Maybe I watched Cruel Intentions too many times lol

Last edited by sweetre15; 12-01-2016 at 05:27 PM.