The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 01-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #51
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Pixar's Coco could technically dethrone JL.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:19 PM   #52
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morton View Post
& can we all agree that it is a fact that Star Wars: Episode 8 will absolutely dethrone Justice League ?
Star Wars is a safe bet to dethrone most movies.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #53
Nick Morton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Star Wars is a safe bet to dethrone most movies.
Rogue One has not dethroned BVS yet & since China hates it & what not might not be able to

Nick Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:38 PM   #54
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Rogue One has not dethroned BVS yet & since China hates it & what not might not be able to
It's still not finished it's BO run.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:30 PM   #55
Patchwork Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
2016 is over. If any movie would've been pushed off the list of the year's top ten film grosses, Rogue One would've taken the #10 spot from Doctor Strange.

Patchwork Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #56
Nick Morton
Banned User

I wonder how Ezra feels about his movie being replaced by Sirens that was his big break & now its gone lol

Old 01-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #57
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Quote:
Rogue One is at $838,401,354 worldwide. Safe bet says it'll pass BvS by the end of this weekend. At the latest, it'll do so around the beginning of next week.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:34 PM   #58
UltimatePyro9
Side-Kick

Quote:
I imagine if any MCU movie can dethrone Justice League its Homecoming but good lord if either GOTG 2 or Thor 3 pulls it off that would be icing on the cake
Seems plausible considering that the MCU movies, even the less-than-stellar ones, have some kind of quality with them. The DCEU on the other hand... haven't really been impressive. Not to me or the general audience.

UltimatePyro9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:01 AM   #59
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
I wonder how Ezra feels about his movie being replaced by Sirens that was his big break & now its gone lol
Ezra's big break was FB. If you think that aint big enough, he has JL where he is a big member. The Flash movie aint cancelled, its just delayed till they get a new director.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:50 AM   #60
Nick Morton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
Its just delayed till they get a new director.
But they could not find a third director & opted to do Sirens instead at this point its more likely the DCEU gets rebooted after Sirens & Suicide Squad 2 especially if their movies get outgrossed by the competition & the fan reaction is nothing but the same. If they could not find a third director before deciding on Sirens what makes you think they will find a third director after Sirens ? & at some point that cast for The Flash will simply move on. If the DCEU continues as is it will all be made in house with yes man actors & actresses & directors as no one outside looking in clearly wants to work with a studio that will just destroy their movie in the editing room the DCEU as is is done its time for the WB to accept it & move on & before anyone mentions the drama surrounding Ben he might be a Batman fan but he clearly does not understand the character because if he did a real fan would have said no to that version of Batman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JcEXJGSU04&t=7s

Last edited by Nick Morton; 01-07-2017 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:26 AM   #61
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
But they could not find a third director & opted to do Sirens instead at this point its more likely the DCEU gets rebooted after Sirens & Suicide Squad 2 especially if their movies get outgrossed by the competition & the fan reaction is nothing but the same. If they could not find a third director before deciding on Sirens what makes you think they will find a third director after Sirens ? & at some point that cast for The Flash will simply move on. If the DCEU continues as is it will all be made in house with yes man actors & actresses & directors as no one outside looking in clearly wants to work with a studio that will just destroy their movie in the editing room the DCEU as is is done its time for the WB to accept it & move on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JcEXJGSU04&t=7s
Wait are you trolling or are you serious?

WB didnt opt to do Sirens instead of Flash. Flash is still going to be made, they are looking for a director. Sirens was fastracked because SS did so well, so its quite natural they are doing a sequel/spinoff. All studios do this. And the DCEU is not going to be rebooted anytime soon no matter how much you cry here. SS did extremely well in the BO, and the DCEU while it has room for improvement, is in no way in a bad position. They are making changes and trying to right the ship to make better movies, and WW and JL look on the way to there. Aquaman and Batman and the Sirens are underway and the Flash will soon get a director. Your orignal post was about Ezra losing his big break(Ezra is a very big and succesful actor for guy his age, and he has already had his big break, and will reach further mass success as Barry Allen in Justice League) and Sirens replacing Flash were wrong anyway.

Nice try on the trolling though.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:06 AM   #62
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Because the DCEU will be heavily scrutinized until they come out with something that pleases more than the niche they have now, pushing back the Flash in favor of another Batman universe movie isn't what I'm looking forward. Especially with how reliant WB is on Batman.

Now if this was say WW and that did well and they wanted to fast track a sequel, I'd be more into that.

And I get the business model, just as a fan, I'd like to see them less reliant on Batman.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:22 AM   #63
Nick Morton
Banned User

Quote:
Wait are you trolling or are you serious?

WB didnt opt to do Sirens instead of Flash. Flash is still going to be made, they are looking for a director. Sirens was fastracked because SS did so well, so its quite natural they are doing a sequel/spinoff. All studios do this. And the DCEU is not going to be rebooted anytime soon no matter how much you cry here. SS did extremely well in the BO, and the DCEU while it has room for improvement, is in no way in a bad position. They are making changes and trying to right the ship to make better movies, and WW and JL look on the way to there. Aquaman and Batman and the Sirens are underway and the Flash will soon get a director. Your orignal post was about Ezra losing his big break(Ezra is a very big and succesful actor for guy his age, and he has already had his big break, and will reach further mass success as Barry Allen in Justice League) and Sirens replacing Flash were wrong anyway.

Nice try on the trolling though.
Sirens got fast tracked because The Flash got delayed. The Flash got delayed because they could not find a third director. What makes you think they will suddenly find a third director for The Flash they most likely wont unless they keep things in house like they did with Sirens

Old 01-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #64
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Sirens got fast tracked because The Flash got delayed. The Flash got delayed because they could not find a third director. What makes you think they will suddenly find a third director for The Flash they most likely wont unless they keep things in house like they did with Sirens
No. The Flash got delayed so the Sirens got fastracked, not the other way around. There is no reason to think the Flash will not get a director. WB keeps most things inhouse, so wont be surprised if they do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Because the DCEU will be heavily scrutinized until they come out with something that pleases more than the niche they have now, pushing back the Flash in favor of another Batman universe movie isn't what I'm looking forward. Especially with how reliant WB is on Batman.

Now if this was say WW and that did well and they wanted to fast track a sequel, I'd be more into that.

And I get the business model, just as a fan, I'd like to see them less reliant on Batman.
I understand what you are saying, and I want to see movies like the Flash more than anyone else. However, I am happy to see they are not rushing it like they did with SS, and are taking their time to get things right in the pre-production stage.

What I dont agree with is them being somehow reliant on Batman by fastracking Sirens. Sirens would have been made regarless of whether Flash lost its director or not. Its going to be made sooner, because it did. However, I dont think the Sirens is being made because its a Batman centric movie. Its very much a SS spinoff, and while its related to Batman and Gotham, its selling point is purely HQ who is a very liked and famous character nowadays.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #65
Nick Morton
Banned User

Quote:
No. The Flash got delayed so the Sirens got fastracked, not the other way around. There is no reason to think the Flash will not get a director. WB keeps most things inhouse, so wont be surprised if they do that
Keeping things in house can be considered a bad look for the WB since it simply shows they can not find a outside director for fresh ideas especially when they do bring outside people they end up leaving all of the time Occasionally one or two might actually stick around such as David & Wan & maybe Patty if she does another one but thats not a good track record lol

Old 01-07-2017, 08:58 AM   #66
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Keeping things in house can be considered a bad look for the WB since it simply shows they can not find a outside director for fresh ideas especially when they do bring outside people they end leave all of the time Occasionally one or two might actually stick around such as David & Wan & maybe Patty if she does another one but thats not a good track record lol
No. Please give me more examples apart from the Flash where outside directors leave all the time again? There is nothing wrong with bringing in a director they have previous experience with. Stop reaching.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #67
Nick Morton
Banned User

Quote:
No. Please give me more examples apart from the Flash where outside directors leave all the time again? There is nothing wrong with bringing in a director they have previous experience with. Stop reaching.
If all they do is stick with the same directors that has previously made movies with mixed or negative reactions how do you honestly expect these movies to change for the better ? They most likely wont & new directors is important for fresh ideas the DCEU is dead anyway Justice League will be the final nail in the coffin

Old 01-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #68
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
If all they do is stick with the same directors that has previously made movies with mixed or negative reactions
LOL, do you think DC movies are the only movies WB makes? WB makes a lot of movies, and a lot of successful movies. They can easily bring in any other director they have worked with, or even outside directors like Patty or James Wan.

Quote:
DCEU is dead anyway Justice League will be the final nail in the coffin

Old 01-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #69
Nick Morton
Banned User

Quote:
LOL, do you think DC movies are the only movies WB makes? WB makes a lot of movies, and a lot of successful movies. They can easily bring in any other director they have worked with, or even outside directors like Patty or James Wan.
Bringing in previous directors they worked with is considered in house & outside directors just leave as stated earlier very few stay Snyder bailed first chance he got hes not coming back & its funny how the non DCEU movies at WB are better than the DCEU movies at the WB I will take the Harry Potter universe over the DCEU any day its only gonna get worse for the DCEU not better as long as the same CEO is in charge approving bad ideas & add in ruining these movies in the editing room

Old 01-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #70
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Bringing in previous directors they worked with is considered in house & outside directors just leave as stated earlier very few stay Snyder bailed first chance he got hes not coming back & its funny how the non DCEU movies at WB are better than the DCEU movies at the WB I will take the Harry Potter universe over the DCEU any day its only gonna get worse for the DCEU not better as long as the same CEO is in charge approving bad ideas & add in ruining these movies in the editing room

Now you are just rambling without making an iota of sense. Carry on

Old 01-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #71
kguillou
Side-Kick

Quote:

Now you are just rambling without making an iota of sense. Carry on
I know right? Lol at "the DCEU is dead". Suicide Squad, a movie of c list characters made 750 million bucks WITHOUT China. Audiences loved Harley Quinn and now she's headlining a female driven movie with Cat woman, an A list character and most likely Sirens WILL get a China release since Katana's not in it. According to my math Sirens is a financial slam dunk.

1) JUSTICE LEAGUE 2) John Wick 2 9/10 3) Logan 8.5/10 4) BladeRunner 2049 9/10 5) Wonder Woman 8/10 6) ALIEN: Covenant 7.5/10 7) WAR Of The Planet of The Apes 8) Ghost in The Shell 6/10 9) Kingsman: Golden Circle 9/10 10) Atomic Blonde 7/10
kguillou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #72
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I know right? Lol at "the DCEU is dead". Suicide Squad, a movie of c list characters made 750 million bucks WITHOUT China. Audiences loved Harley Quinn and now she's headlining a female driven movie with Cat woman, an A list character and most likely Sirens WILL get a China release since Katana's not in it. According to my math Sirens is a financial slam dunk.
Yep, further so if its a fun movie like Skwad was. While the jury's still out on JL, the Aquaman, WW and Batman movies are also primed to do well. DCEU might be many things, but its faaar from dead. Its just starting out, so hiccups are expected, but its been making real money so far, and they are looking to correct the ship, so thats a positive as well.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #73
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Actually Geoff Johns is now the president of DC Films. I doubt Warner Bros. would have created DC Films and put Johns in charge if they didn't trust him to do the right thing and instead needed to be micro-managed by the CEO of WB.
All this panic is based on movies and decisions made for movies that were created before DC Films existed. Lets calm down and see how the movies made by DC Films play out first.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #74
Nick Morton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
Actually Geoff Johns is now the president of DC Films. I doubt Warner Bros. would have created DC Films and put Johns in charge if they didn't trust him to do the right thing and instead needed to be micro-managed by the CEO of WB.
All this panic is based on movies and decisions made for movies that were created before DC Films existed. Lets calm down and see how the movies made by DC Films play out first.
At this point that Johns stuff feels like it was all PR talk & now hes moving on with going back to Comics etc & he defended the Martha scene so h might not be the best guy for the movie job & I think we know enough about the International Market to state this fact

Take away the World Wide Same Day release of BVS & let it open Internationally a week or two early BVS is a guaranteed bomb in that scenario let this sink in. Rogue One is struggling Internationally while Passengers might make more than a Star Wars movie Internationally. Take away the World Wide Same Day release of BVS & its an utter failure Box Office wise LET THAT SINK IN & lets not forget that BVS was originally gonna open against Civil War guess who got the cold feet there lol

Old 01-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #75
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
That would be like a bigger upset than the latest election & Thor 3 can just as easily out gross JL now that Doctor Strange & Hulk has a fan base
Honestly, as things currently stand, I can't see it as an upset. GotG2 has everything going for it to make a lot more than the first: sequel to an extremely well-liked movie, part of an extremely successful franchise, a marketing campaign that is already making waves, and a much stronger release date. It would be a shock if it didn't make well more than the first.

Meanwhile, Justice League is coming off several movies with divisive audience reaction and terrible critical response, with a fairly poor release window, and no meaningful "hook" to expect better performance than BvS. Assuming it will make as much as BvS is being generous, and highly dependent on Wonder Woman being good.

Basically, all the early indicators suggest that Guardians will improve on past performance, while JL will drop. This could change if Wonder Woman is awesome, or some of the competing releases look like they'll flop, but as is? Smart money is on GOTG2.

( Now, Thor 3, there things are much less certain. It has the same iffy release window JL does, and its prior movies are some of the weaker ones in the MCU. Predicting that the general tide of the franchise will lift it is plausible, but its a lot less certain of a bet, as is the amount. This may change once the first trailer comes out. )

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote