The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2017, 11:27 AM   #76
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick
 
Osiris-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,519
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morton View Post
At this point that Johns stuff feels like it was all PR talk & now hes moving on with going back to Comics etc & he defended the Martha scene so h might not be the best guy for the movie job & I think we know enough about the International Market to state this fact
Based on Geoff Johns writing ONE comic book? How much time and effort go into writing one comic book?

Osiris-Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #77
kguillou
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 9,979
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morton View Post
At this point that Johns stuff feels like it was all PR talk & now hes moving on with going back to Comics etc & he defended the Martha scene so h might not be the best guy for the movie job & I think we know enough about the International Market to state this fact

Take away the World Wide Same Day release of BVS & let it open Internationally a week or two early BVS is a guaranteed bomb in that scenario let this sink in. Rogue One is struggling Internationally while Passengers might make more than a Star Wars movie Internationally. Take away the World Wide Same Day release of BVS & its an utter failure Box Office wise LET THAT SINK IN & lets not forget that BVS was originally gonna open against Civil War guess who got the cold feet there lol

I absolutely disagree. We'll never know how BvS would've done if it opened in international markets earlier than the U.S. but let's not forget, international audiences are MUCH more forgiving and less nitpicky than US audiences. I have no idea why Rogue One is struggling so much but thats got to be an anomaly because normally the international audiences eat up our blockbusters as long as it's entertaining enough. Just ask Warcraft.

__________________
2017 TOP FILMS

1) JUSTICE LEAGUE 2) John Wick 2 9/10 3) Logan 8.5/10 4) BladeRunner 2049 5) Wonder Woman 8/10 6) ALIEN: Covenant 7) WAR Of The Planet of The Apes 8) Ghost in The Shell 6/10 9) Kingsman: Golden Circle 10) Atomic Blonde
kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #78
Nick Morton
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 219
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I absolutely disagree. We'll never know how BvS would've done if it opened in international markets earlier than the U.S. but let's not forget, international audiences are MUCH more forgiving and less nitpicky than US audiences. I have no idea why Rogue One is struggling so much but thats got to be an anomaly because normally the international audiences eat up our blockbusters as long as it's entertaining enough. Just ask Warcraft.
Maybe the International markets are slowly wising up with their taste in movies ? It took a long time before the US did thats for damn sure

Nick Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:07 PM   #79
brandeezy89
Side-Kick
 
brandeezy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 3,324
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

The International markets have no tastes considering they are the biggest reason why Transformers do a Billion every movie but as for Star Wars, it's always been a domestic titan, never an international one.

__________________
Check out my blog:

https://brandonthevigilante.wordpress.com
brandeezy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #80
TheCommissioner
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,137
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

their money spends the same

but lets cut to the quick here

most of you want Zack Snyder tarred, feathered, possibly sodomized, then a written apology every day for the next 5 years

and then REBOOOOOT EVERYTHING

__________________
“If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich
TheCommissioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:21 PM   #81
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick
 
Osiris-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,519
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommissioner View Post
their money spends the same

but lets cut to the quick here

most of you want Zack Snyder tarred, feathered, possibly sodomized, then a written apology every day for the next 5 years

and then REBOOOOOT EVERYTHING
Zack Snyder is gone from DC movies after Justice League anyway, isn't he?

Osiris-Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:33 PM   #82
2kt09
Here 'N' There
 
2kt09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 5,062
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
Zack Snyder is gone from DC movies after Justice League anyway, isn't he?

__________________
Make Marvel Animation Great Again
Cook and Weisman's The Spectacular Spider-Man is to cbtv what Singer's X-Men were to cbm's
MCU_________DCU_________X-MCU
Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:39 PM   #83
zlucamanz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 84
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
Yike!Why i had bad feeling about wonder woman movie.

zlucamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:55 PM   #84
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick
 
Osiris-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,519
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Oh, okay, because I had read this:

"After steering the DC Extended Universe ship since Man of Steel, Zack Snyder is taking a break from superheroes and will pursue production on a new war thriller The Last Photograph in between Justice League and
its untitled sequel Justice League 2. Replacing the latter in DC’s schedule will be Ben Affleck’s yet-untitled Batman movie. Justice League, the last of Snyder’s DC movies for awhile, will be released November 17, 2017."

Does his listing as producer mean he has any actual involvement in the movies after Justice League, or is that just a ceremonial title?

https://www.inverse.com/article/2506...ast-photograph

Osiris-Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:12 AM   #85
2kt09
Here 'N' There
 
2kt09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 5,062
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
Does his listing as producer mean he has any actual involvement in the movies after Justice League, or is that just a ceremonial title?
Nothing yet will be known til' we get closer to those other DC flicks.
For now you CAN assume that for whichever project he is listed as a "producer" and not an "executive", he'll have a lot more direct creative input.

__________________
Make Marvel Animation Great Again
Cook and Weisman's The Spectacular Spider-Man is to cbtv what Singer's X-Men were to cbm's
MCU_________DCU_________X-MCU
Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:16 AM   #86
Ghost_Rider
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 203
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

IMO Justice League needs to underperform for WB to pull Snyder out.

If JL meets financial expectations, the Snyder train will continue.

Ghost_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:20 AM   #87
Jekecy
Side-Kick
 
Jekecy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5,432
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

JL comes out two weeks after Thor: Ragnarok and three weeks before Episode IX. They've got quite a hill to overcome in box office potential.

Jekecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:33 AM   #88
idiot09
Kicks side
 
idiot09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 8,089
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
JL comes out two weeks after Thor: Ragnarok and three weeks before Episode IX. They've got quite a hill to overcome in box office potential.
I thought it was 4weeks before episode 8?

idiot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:38 AM   #89
Jekecy
Side-Kick
 
Jekecy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5,432
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
I thought it was 4weeks before episode 8?
Yeah you're right, misremembered the time frame. It'll be fine then, a month should be more than enough for it to gather the cash. They better just hope Thor doesn't have staying power.

Jekecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:42 AM   #90
idiot09
Kicks side
 
idiot09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 8,089
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
Yeah you're right, misremembered the time frame. It'll be fine then, a month should be more than enough for it to gather the cash. They better just hope Thor doesn't have staying power.
It will be kinda similar to DS and Fantastic Beasts this year both coming out couple of weeks from each other. As far as I saw neither of them took a big hit from each other, but thats just what I feel. Hopefully the same happens for JL and Thor 3.

idiot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #91
m1ll3r
Failed experiment
 
m1ll3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: London. Probably in Soho trying to avoid hipsters.
Posts: 2,837
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

We're now into the first month of 2017. What's actually confirmed for 2018 in terms of production? Aquaman starts filming in June for a Oct 2018 release... but is that it at the moment? Nothing else confirmed... correct?

__________________
The moment the DCEU turned around was a woman climbing up a ladder.

"Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded."

2017 CBM Scores: Logan - 9.5/10, GotG 2 - 7/10, Lego Batman - 7/10, Wonder Woman - 9/10
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:50 AM   #92
brandeezy89
Side-Kick
 
brandeezy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 3,324
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
We're now into the first month of 2017. What's actually confirmed for 2018 in terms of production? Aquaman starts filming in June for a Oct 2018 release... but is that it at the moment? Nothing else confirmed... correct?
I'm pretty positive for Batman in the Spring and GCS in the Summer

__________________
Check out my blog:

https://brandonthevigilante.wordpress.com
brandeezy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:56 AM   #93
Patchwork Man
Side-Kick
 
Patchwork Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 731
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
JL comes out two weeks after Thor: Ragnarok and three weeks before Episode IX. They've got quite a hill to overcome in box office potential.
Unlike a Star Wars film, Ragnarok won't affect Justice League. Ragnarok will perform like Thor and TDW in that it'll make most of its money its first two weeks. It won't hang out in theaters for 23 weeks like TDW, though.

Patchwork Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:04 AM   #94
idiot09
Kicks side
 
idiot09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 8,089
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
We're now into the first month of 2017. What's actually confirmed for 2018 in terms of production? Aquaman starts filming in June for a Oct 2018 release... but is that it at the moment? Nothing else confirmed... correct?
Aquaman has stuntmen working on it, the sets have been booked, budget declared, its pretty heavy into pre-production.

Batman is also in pre-production and so is Sirens, but not that advanced as far as we know.

idiot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:08 AM   #95
Nick Morton
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 219
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Man View Post
Unlike a Star Wars film, Ragnarok won't affect Justice League. Ragnarok will perform like Thor and TDW in that it'll make most of its money its first two weeks. It won't hang out in theaters for 23 weeks like TDW, though.
Thor has Hulk / Strange in it though think you might be under estimating this one


Last edited by Nick Morton; 01-08-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Nick Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #96
idiot09
Kicks side
 
idiot09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 8,089
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Yeah Thor 3 has Hulk going on for it, as well as a great director, but the thing which eases my worries is what happpened this year. Scott Mendelson even wrote an article about it iirc. Even though DS and FB were so well received and both performed to their potential in the BO, they didnt cannibalise each others BO despite coming out 2 weeks from each other in that November period. SW is just too far away from JL to worry about. Coco is not really an issue since thats a different target demographic. Like Moana this year.

idiot09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #97
Ghost_Rider
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 203
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morton View Post
Thor as Hulk / Strange in it though think you might be under estimating this one
I think a bigger threat that could potentially eat some of JL's box office is the next Disney/Pixar film Coco:



Coming out the week after JL.

Ghost_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #98
m1ll3r
Failed experiment
 
m1ll3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: London. Probably in Soho trying to avoid hipsters.
Posts: 2,837
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
Aquaman has stuntmen working on it, the sets have been booked, budget declared, its pretty heavy into pre-production.

Batman is also in pre-production and so is Sirens, but not that advanced as far as we know.
Hmmm. I think they could do with a few more confirmations. Aquaman is cutting it pretty fine with a summer production shot for an October release next year. I don't see how Flash or Batman hit Spring and Summer 2018 now without it being rushed.

__________________
The moment the DCEU turned around was a woman climbing up a ladder.

"Sometimes, people deserve to have their faith rewarded."

2017 CBM Scores: Logan - 9.5/10, GotG 2 - 7/10, Lego Batman - 7/10, Wonder Woman - 9/10
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:28 PM   #99
2kt09
Here 'N' There
 
2kt09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 5,062
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
Even though DS and FB were so well received and both performed to their potential in the BO, they didnt cannibalise each others BO despite coming out 2 weeks from each other in that November period.
2014 called, if they're well-marketed and well-received, they shouldn't be cannibalizing each other.

__________________
Make Marvel Animation Great Again
Cook and Weisman's The Spectacular Spider-Man is to cbtv what Singer's X-Men were to cbm's
MCU_________DCU_________X-MCU
Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #100
MbJ
Side-Kick
 
MbJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 7,464
Default Re: What can DC/WB do now to move forward? Is there hope? - Part 1

The DCEU is sweeping the Razzie shortlist this year.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...ies-shortlist/

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
Coco is not really an issue since thats a different target demographic. Like Moana this year.
I'd think kids would be a pretty big part of your audience cross section in a superhero movie.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.