The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 02-11-2017, 05:54 PM   #51
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

I think Gotham City Sirens will precede The Batman now. I imagine 2018 will be Aquaman and Gotham City Sirens, with the Batman in 2019 with another, although I think the other is still up in the air at the moment. I reckon more things will be announced at Comic Con in June. My dream wish would be MOS2 in 2019 with the Batman but I think it's more likely to be Black Adam or the Flash.

BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:00 PM   #52
writer0327
Side-Kick

It would be a mistake to rush anything at this point. Settle in and make sure its a great script. Don't just push GCS for the sake of getting something out.

1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 2. Spider-Man: Homecoming - 3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 4. Justice League - 5. Thor: Ragnarok
6. Wonder Woman - 7. Blade Runner: 2049 - 8. Logan - 9. The Great Wall - 10. It
writer0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:04 PM   #53
BH/HHH
You Are My World

I think if GCS went into production by the end of the year that wouldn't even be a rush (also it's rumoured the script is already complete). Honestly it doesn't actually take aslong as people think to make a film, often films are well in the can ages before release anyway.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #54
writer0327
Side-Kick

I don't disagree, I just hope WB/DC is not thinking "We've got to get something out there, we can't just have one release in 2018" and then rush through production and put out a subpar film. If they can get a quality GCS done for 2018, great, but I just don't want any missteps or hiccups at this point.

1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 2. Spider-Man: Homecoming - 3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 4. Justice League - 5. Thor: Ragnarok
Old 02-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #55
MbJ
Side-Kick

Suicide Squad was only written in six weeks and the end result pretty much showed they probably should have taken more time on the script instead of just doing a rush job to have something to film. Even the director admitted there are things he should've done differently with the story.

Yes films can conceivably be completed in a very short time but that doesn't mean they should. Cyborg and Ninja Assassin were both written over a single weekend and I wouldn't call either of those a good film.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:19 PM   #56
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer0327 View Post
I don't disagree, I just hope WB/DC is not thinking "We've got to get something out there, we can't just have one release in 2018" and then rush through production and put out a subpar film. If they can get a quality GCS done for 2018, great, but I just don't want any missteps or hiccups at this point.
I agree with that

#TEAM SNYDER
Old 02-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #57
writer0327
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
Suicide Squad was only written in six weeks and the end result pretty much showed they probably should have taken more time on the script instead of just doing a rush job to have something to film. Even the director admitted there are things he should've done differently with the story.

Yes films can conceivably be completed in a very short time but that doesn't mean they should. Cyborg and Ninja Assassin were both written over a single weekend and I wouldn't call either of those a good film.
They probably figured with such a talented group of actors, they'd just improv and ad lib on the fly. They didn't need a tightly crafted script. Didn't work out that way.

At this point, we need quality, not speed. Quality over quantity, I don't care if it's one film a year, as long as that film is good. I'm currently crossing my fingers that Reeves is given complete creative control and there is no studio interference, but certainly not holding my breath.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:10 PM   #58
Bats123
Master Chief

i'd be fine if Aquaman was the only 2018 movie, James Wan has never failed me, well, so far, and Matt Reeves doing Batman got my hopes up.

Bats123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #59
Superchan
Side-Kick

I wish there was a superman film coming out in 2018 and a batman one in 2019 to coincide with their 80th birthdays but alas......
Right now it seems that Aquaman is the only likely thing for 2018 with 2019 being anyone's guess. I believe Ayer is still working on the will smith film light for netflicks and might be busy until mid 2017, which means that the only way he'd get GCS by 2018 is via a serious rush job, which would likely mean another SS quality level film and I really hope not.
The thing that really has me stumped is the whole Black Adam thing and then there were the Rock's comments and the pic he took with Cavill, was he just trolling the fans? are WB thinking of a Superman vs BlackAdam film? With the state of WB right now, who honestly knows.

Superchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #60
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
I wish there was a superman film coming out in 2018 and a batman one in 2019 to coincide with their 80th birthdays but alas......
Right now it seems that Aquaman is the only likely thing for 2018 with 2019 being anyone's guess. I believe Ayer is still working on the will smith film light for netflicks and might be busy until mid 2017, which means that the only way he'd get GCS by 2018 is via a serious rush job, which would likely mean another SS quality level film and I really hope not.
The thing that really has me stumped is the whole Black Adam thing and then there were the Rock's comments and the pic he took with Cavill, was he just trolling the fans? are WB thinking of a Superman vs BlackAdam film? With the state of WB right now, who honestly knows.
I really think they will reveal there plans at comic con. Although us fans are desperate for information there's no need for them to reveal anything at the moment.

#TEAM SNYDER
Old 02-13-2017, 08:46 AM   #61
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
are WB thinking of a Superman vs BlackAdam film?
Probably. The Rock vs Superman? BAvS could be huge.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-13-2017 at 10:00 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #62
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Probably. The Rock vs Superman? BAvS could be huge.
It would be the most natural way of introducing Captain Marvel.

Black Adam prequel solo --> Black Adam vs Superman feat Shazam! --> Shazam! solo.

The Shazam! Trilogy

New Genesis is a stinking cosmic sewer. I have fouled paradise beyond repair and broken in the mire the shining cities of the gods. I have won! Is this vanity? Then I will remake the entire universe in the image of my soul, Desaad. And when at last I turn to look upon the eternal desolation I have wrought, I will see Darkseid, as in a mirror, and know what fear is. - Darkseid
BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #63
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
It would be the most natural way of introducing Captain Marvel.

Black Adam prequel solo --> Black Adam vs Superman feat Shazam! --> Shazam! solo.

The Shazam! Trilogy
Well I don't know about being more natural than just a Shazam solo up front, but I do think it could fine, more exciting even, having a Black Adam movie first, ending with a tease for magic's next champion.

I'm also not sure Black Adam will be a prequel film, as much as I'd be down with that. With the Rock and Cavill's meeting and those hashtags about world's colliding and whatnot, I sorta think their fight could be happening sooner rather than later, and so I could see the movie being set in the present (with extensive flashbacks) dealing with Black Adam being reborn and becoming the dictator of Kahndaq, and not unlike in TDKR, Supes comes at the end to take him down.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-13-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:05 AM   #64
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Well I don't know about being more natural than just a Shazam solo up front, but I do think it could fine, more exciting even, having a Black Adam movie first, ending with a tease for magic's next champion.

I'm also not sure Black Adam will be a prequel film, as much as I'd be down with that. With the Rock and Cavill's meeting and those hashtags about world's colliding and whatnot, I sorta think their fight could be happening sooner rather than later. I could see the movie being set in the present (with extensive flashbacks) dealing with Black Adam being reborn and becoming the dictator of Kahndaq. And not unlike TDKR, Supes comes at the end to take him down.
I don't know. I don't want to crap on your idea or anything, but I think a Black Adam that does right by Kahndaq adds nuance to the character.

In the comics his people love him because he basically kills all the criminals and extremists and single-handedly turns the country into a technologically advanced utopia. He's sort of benevolent dictator in that way.

Black Adam is a lot like Dr. Doom. The Fantastic 4 leave him alone as long as he stays in Latveria.

New Genesis is a stinking cosmic sewer. I have fouled paradise beyond repair and broken in the mire the shining cities of the gods. I have won! Is this vanity? Then I will remake the entire universe in the image of my soul, Desaad. And when at last I turn to look upon the eternal desolation I have wrought, I will see Darkseid, as in a mirror, and know what fear is. - Darkseid
Old 02-13-2017, 10:14 AM   #65
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

^Na, you're not crapping on it, cause that's basically what I meant. Black Adam is a dictator. A benevolent one, but a violent one. I could see Black Adam crossing some lines that draw the attention of superheroes like Superman.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-13-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #66
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

I think that would make Superman look like a douche though. Especially if he goes to Kahndaq and sees that it's basically a paradise in the desert.

It'd be like the US invading NK, except the citizens of NK aren't oppressed, uneducated, and impoverished.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #67
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
I think that would make Superman look like a douche though. Especially if he goes to Kahndaq and sees that it's basically a paradise in the desert.

It'd be like the US invading NK, except the citizens of NK aren't oppressed, uneducated, and impoverished.
Yeah that makes sense.

And I guess there could another reason why they fight, say...Supes protecting a young Billy Batson?

I'm curious which film will come out first though. Shazam is already been written, and I don't think Black Adam has a writer yet.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #68
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

They way I look at it...

We get the Black Adam prequel where we get introduced to magic and sorcery. At the end of the movie Teth Adam gets imprisoned and wakes up 4,000 years later or something.

In BAvS he tries conquering the planet because he's pissed off at how messed up it is. Superman barely manages to take him. This movies doubles as Billy's origin story. Billy with the power of Shazam! beats Black Adam and he's about to kill him, but Supes convinces Billy not to do the same thing he did to Zod. Black Adam retreats to Kahndaq in shame.

In between sequels, Black Adam rebuilds Kahndaq into a utopia. This is the benevolent dictator phase. The Justice League and Billy are skeptical, but sees the good that he's doing too so they tolerate it

In the sequel which is Shazam's movie the Wizard Shazam goes to Black Adam to convince him to help Billy.

Just some ideas. May not be good, but I think it works.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:08 AM   #69
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

So much potential with these characters, and I also think it's an interesting way to give something new for Superman cinematically (I'm actually in the minority who doesn't really need another Superman solo anytime soon).

I'm also curious how entwined the Shazam and Black Adam stories will be considering how different the solo movies could be with regards to tone.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-13-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:08 AM   #70
Rorschach2012
$

Why not just consolidate the Black Adam origin with the BAvS movie?

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #71
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
That exactly what I think they may do.

#TEAM SNYDER
Old 02-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #72
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
They could certainly do that with a Snyder-esque Krypton prologue. Like the first 25 minutes is about how magic works, Black Adam as a hero in Ancient Egypt, and his imprisonment.

But Teth has A LOT of baggage in that time period. He basically went from slave to Pharoah in his lifetime.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #73
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

The thought of a Black Adam prequel brought to life as well as Snyder's Krypton is just...good lord...

Or Atlantis, Oa, Themysicra, New Genesis (Still crossing my fingers that we'll get to see Snyder's take on all these places in Justice League).

Old 02-15-2017, 10:12 PM   #74
ManWithNoName18
Side-Kick

Given the recent Mel Gibson news it seems like SS is already looking for a director for it's sequel. Wonder when it would land considering there in the director search phase.

Also sucks we haven't heard much from MOS 2, or Flash yet.

ManWithNoName18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:38 PM   #75
Greenlite
Side-Kick

I think they were shooting for 2018 GCS+Batman, 2019 SS2, Hughes was pretty confident that GCS will be 2018 (I thought 2019), and he suggested it'd be cool to have Deadshot going after Harley in SS2.

But with the new director drama, you'd expect collaboration between Ayer and Reeves after July, so Hughes isn't so sure about 2018 anymore, and I think they should sort out the visions/characters/cast in the second half of this year, and start filming next year, plenty of time to release in 2019 with good coordination and revisions.

With SS2 looking for directors now, I'd say the speculation that SS2 comes out right after GCS is a possibility, but if it's too crowded in 2019, 2020 might be a good slot for SS2.

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote