The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2017, 01:14 AM   #76
Superchan
Side-Kick
 
Superchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,667
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

WB's plans regarding the DCEU are all up in the air, I believe that only after WW and JL will we know what WB's plans are.

Superchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:59 AM   #77
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 25,203
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

I imagine Suicide Squad 2 will probably be more of a Deadshot film. Which I think would be a smart move cause they can't do a Deadshot solo.

I still think WBs will reveal there plans at Comic Con.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #78
Greenlite
Side-Kick
 
Greenlite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3,395
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Will Smith supported by others, I wonder how much role Harley Quinn will play since she's got her own movie, unless Will goes after Margot. I think it'd be epic if Deadshot survives while everyone around him dies in epic fashion, or Deadshot dies Braveheart style and the rest skwad go ape at ARGUS or their enemies =P

Anyway I don't know how much they can do at CC, WW's finished, Aquaman's still well over a year out, The Rock's 2019, can't announce Superman in Black Adam because Sup's still dead, can't announce MOS2 for the same reason, the only thing they can come up with is a kick ass JL trailer, panel, and the only interesting announcements they can do are new directors and casts...maybe for SS2 and GCS...Ivy, Selina, ?Batgirl, SS2 roster

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:58 AM   #79
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 25,203
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlite View Post
Will Smith supported by others, I wonder how much role Harley Quinn will play since she's got her own movie, unless Will goes after Margot. I think it'd be epic if Deadshot survives while everyone around him dies in epic fashion, or Deadshot dies Braveheart style and the rest skwad go ape at ARGUS or their enemies =P

Anyway I don't know how much they can do at CC, WW's finished, Aquaman's still well over a year out, The Rock's 2019, can't announce Superman in Black Adam because Sup's still dead, can't announce MOS2 for the same reason, the only thing they can come up with is a kick ass JL trailer, panel, and the only interesting announcements they can do are new directors and casts...maybe for SS2 and GCS...Ivy, Selina, ?Batgirl, SS2 roster
They can announce Superman in either a solo sequel or Black Adam because they've already announced he's coming back, last year at CC Henry was there with the rest of the cast and they had an image with the entire JL. Plus the people who take notice of comic con are the hardcore fans that know anyway.

I think they will announce the new slate at CC.

__________________
#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:20 AM   #80
writer0327
Side-Kick
 
writer0327's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,486
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlite View Post
Will Smith supported by others, I wonder how much role Harley Quinn will play since she's got her own movie, unless Will goes after Margot. I think it'd be epic if Deadshot survives while everyone around him dies in epic fashion, or Deadshot dies Braveheart style and the rest skwad go ape at ARGUS or their enemies =P

Anyway I don't know how much they can do at CC, WW's finished, Aquaman's still well over a year out, The Rock's 2019, can't announce Superman in Black Adam because Sup's still dead, can't announce MOS2 for the same reason, the only thing they can come up with is a kick ass JL trailer, panel, and the only interesting announcements they can do are new directors and casts...maybe for SS2 and GCS...Ivy, Selina, ?Batgirl, SS2 roster
They can announce MoS2, but the fact is they don't have any real plans for one as of now. Maybe they do and they just want to wait to see what happens with WW and JL, but if they can announce GCS and SS2 news, they should have done something with MoS2 by now.

__________________
My Top Ten Movies for 2017

1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 2. Spider-Man: Homecoming - 3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 4. Justice League - 5. Thor: Ragnarok
6. Wonder Woman - 7. Blade Runner: 2049 - 8. Logan - 9. The Great Wall - 10. It
writer0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #81
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 25,203
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer0327 View Post
They can announce MoS2, but the fact is they don't have any real plans for one as of now. Maybe they do and they just want to wait to see what happens with WW and JL, but if they can announce GCS and SS2 news, they should have done something with MoS2 by now.
I do think there has been more going on behind the scenes than we know. Henry's agent also revealed that he's developing the sequel so I think there could maybe be some story ideas been thrown around at least or that MOS2 may have developed Black Adam vs Superman or some variation on that project. Of course none of this could be happening but I definitely think there are some things happening behind the scenes.

__________________
#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #82
STARMAN
Side-Kick
 
STARMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,537
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

We've heard movement on the DC 2014 schedule for every film except MOS 2, Cyborg and JL 2. Not hearing about JL 2 is understandable. Now that we've heard something about Shazam, I'm thinking Cyborg is the next film we'll hear movement on from the original slate.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #83
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 25,203
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
We've heard movement on the DC 2014 schedule for every film except MOS 2, Cyborg and JL 2. Not hearing about JL 2 is understandable. Now that we've heard something about Shazam, I'm thinking Cyborg is the next film we'll hear movement on from the original slate.
Comic Con

__________________
#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #84
ManWithNoName18
Side-Kick
 
ManWithNoName18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,257
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Add NightWing to the list of in development movies

ManWithNoName18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:09 PM   #85
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick
 
Osiris-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Memphis
Posts: 2,159
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithNoName18 View Post
Add NightWing to the list of in development movies
More proof WB doesn't have a clue what to do with the DCEU.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:14 PM   #86
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 41,545
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Something being "in development" doesn't guarantee that it will ever see the light of day. It simply means they're developing it to see if something worthwhile is there. And if the higher-ups ultimately decide it isn't worth the investment, it gets put on hold indefinitely. Hence "development hell" and all that.

I imagine a good chunk of these "in development" DCEU films won't happen, even if WB manages to right the ship post-Suicide Squad. There's little sense in getting too worked up over it at this stage.

__________________
Everything in this post is my fault.

Last edited by Boom; 02-23-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:47 PM   #87
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10,437
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

That doesn't change it being a dumb move for WB to announce a dozen movies when half or more of them won't happen.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:59 PM   #88
ManWithNoName18
Side-Kick
 
ManWithNoName18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,257
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Especially given how these movies have been received.

ManWithNoName18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:46 PM   #89
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 41,545
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
That doesn't change it being a dumb move for WB to announce a dozen movies when half or more of them won't happen.
WB isn't announcing any of these. Hollywood trades are reporting them based on sources within the studio. That may sound like semantics, but the difference should be noted. There's a reason these articles often end with "The studio offered no comment." Because there is nothing for them to comment on at this time.

This just seems like a silly thing to get upset over. Why are we faulting a film studio for developing potential film properties? First WB gets scrutinized for doing too little with their DC properties not named "Batman" or "Superman." Now they're scrutinized for doing too much. Again, it's likely quite a few of these films don't end up getting made. All we can really do is ride things out and see what sticks.

__________________
Everything in this post is my fault.

Last edited by Boom; 02-23-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:00 PM   #90
jmc
away for a while
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Down Under
Posts: 28,907
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

I think the issue is there's not real logic in their planning.

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #91
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13,751
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
WB isn't announcing any of these. Hollywood trades are reporting them based on sources within the studio. That may sound like semantics, but the difference should be noted. There's a reason these articles often end with "The studio offered no comment." Because there is nothing for them to comment on at this time.

This just seems like a silly thing to get upset over. Why are we faulting a film studio for developing potential film properties? First WB gets scrutinized for doing too little with their DC properties not named "Batman" or "Superman." Now they're scrutinized for doing too much. Again, it's likely quite a few of these films don't end up getting made. All we can really do is ride things out and see what sticks.
One word: Incompetency.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It has something resembling a head and eyes, but a face?
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:40 AM   #92
Greenlite
Side-Kick
 
Greenlite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3,395
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Just a tentative slate I am guessing - 1 BCU film/year giving riskier films the chance, 3 films to lead into a Titans film.

2017 WW JL

2018 AM

2019 GCS, Bat, BA

2020 SS2, Nightwing, WW2

2021 MOS2, Batgirl, AM2, Shazam?

2022 GLC, Bat2, Flash

2023 WW3, SS3, Titans (team up)

2024 MOS3, GCS2, AM3

2025 GLC2, JL2 (Darkseid), Shazam final

2026 Flash2, Titans 2, Bat 3

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:05 AM   #93
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 25,203
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

I think GCS will make 2018 still (or at least I'm hoping). To only have one film seems abit light.

I also think if WW and JL are massive hits then that's gonna change the slate again. Given they'd want to push on with sequels of them. I also think if a JL character has a Hulk Avengers type reaction then WBs will push on with whoever solo that may be.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:31 AM   #94
psylockolussus
Fierce User
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 616 Universe
Posts: 30,805
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

I think they have too many films slated for the future. I thought at 1 point, we would get Flash, Corps, Cyborg first after aqua man, WW and JL. But now Sirens, SS2, Night wing and Batman are suddenly in the mix and might get released first before the other JL member solo films. Their plan is just over the place and this would hurt them in the next few years.

__________________
2017 films - best to worst
Wonder Woman, Planet of the Apes, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, Logan, Kong, Fast & Furious, Cars, Alien, Beauty and the Beast, Power Rangers, Resident Evil, The Mummy, Pirates of the Caribbean, Ghost in the Shell, Underworld, Transformers
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:06 AM   #95
Micromind
Side-Kick
 
Micromind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fictional Universe
Posts: 12,748
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

GCS movie is happening because Margot Robbie, who's the producer is really interested in making this movie as soon as possible, with David Ayer now fully committed to the movie, the chances are that it will be released in 2018.

__________________

Micromind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:12 AM   #96
Grommers
Side-Kick
 
Grommers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,519
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

See - this is where the DCEU can really excel and put out more than 3 movies in a year, the reason I feel Marvel does 3 is because there movies are all very familiar feeling, if DCEU puts out movies that don't have anywhere near that same familiarity too each other, yes it might hurt the universe, but it won't hurt there box office.

I wish there wasn't so much negative feed back on this forum, keep in mind that B vs S DVD sales were still really good (including out selling Civil War.)

I know most friends that did not like it the first go around when they re-watched it enjoyed it alot more.

Suicide Squad was an odd one, because it did extremely well for what it was at the Box Office, but it's longer lasting success will more hinge on the sequel in my opinion.

A lot of people keep saying these movies were will ill received, and I agree...at first, but as time has passed more and more people are getting behind them.

__________________
Shows: SW:Rebels, Arrow, Flash, GoT, West World
Search for solutions to questions that haven't been asked.
Grommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #97
BH/HHH
You Are My World
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 25,203
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grommers View Post
See - this is where the DCEU can really excel and put out more than 3 movies in a year, the reason I feel Marvel does 3 is because there movies are all very familiar feeling, if DCEU puts out movies that don't have anywhere near that same familiarity too each other, yes it might hurt the universe, but it won't hurt there box office.

I wish there wasn't so much negative feed back on this forum, keep in mind that B vs S DVD sales were still really good (including out selling Civil War.)

I know most friends that did not like it the first go around when they re-watched it enjoyed it alot more.


Suicide Squad was an odd one, because it did extremely well for what it was at the Box Office, but it's longer lasting success will more hinge on the sequel in my opinion.

A lot of people keep saying these movies were will ill received, and I agree...at first, but as time has passed more and more people are getting behind them.
Also the Ultimate Edition was much better received. People like Jon Schnepp for example said he liked the UE and he wasn't a fan of the theatrical cut at all. So goes to show that some people's opinions were changed.

__________________
#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:52 AM   #98
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cheam, Surrey, UK
Posts: 2,838
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

I think the over arching point of all this Marvel Planning v's DC Planning is that Marvel are now geared to purely being able to 'concentrate' (for want of a better word) on their own product specifically and only, WB is not a CBM only studio, with no fixed CBM 'co-ordinator' as such. WB have fingers in lots of pies, now I grant you, I would wish someone WOULD take the reins at Warner Bros for this purpose, they looked to Snyder and having delivered what he has, has been at the forefront of backlash received, you'd have to have someone steering the ship who is not deep in the film making day-to-day process, for all I hate about the MCU, and Feige, he does know how to steer a ship.

Geoff Johns is not the answer either, writing comics and overseeing publication is not the same as film making, two very different methodology of creative output.

Heads at WB sadly, don't have any 'love' it would appear (I could be wrong) for the actual product or characters, they appear to be of the mind, 'what gets us to the fastest $$$ first' line of thinking, but to say there is ZERO plan in existence I think is wrong. There is a plan, it's just needing some refinement, someone to steer, with love, passion and vision and Snyder has all these but he needs a solid writing team by his side, and I think Terrio got lost in the maze for BvS a little, some re-assertion on all sides and I think the DCEU will shine beyond, personally, I am 3/3 on loving the output, I am just trying to offer long term possibilities.

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:09 AM   #99
BlueLanternKal
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LexCorp Tower, Metropolis
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

I disagree about WB not having love for DC. Going after guys like Gibson and especially Reeves who is coming off of a huge crtically acclaimed franchise is not cheap.

Sure throwing money at your problems isn't always the wisest of solutions, but the fact that they're making these kinds of moves in the first place shows that critical acclaim is pretty damn high on their list of priorities when it comes to the DCEU. Contrary to.what people believe they want as many fans as possible to love these movies.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #100
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cheam, Surrey, UK
Posts: 2,838
Default Re: The DCEU slate, what is it? What should it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
I disagree about WB not having love for DC. Going after guys like Gibson and especially Reeves who is coming off of a huge crtically acclaimed franchise is not cheap.

Sure throwing money at your problems isn't always the wisest of solutions, but the fact that they're making these kinds of moves in the first place shows that critical acclaim is pretty damn high on their list of priorities when it comes to the DCEU. Contrary to.what people believe they want as many fans as possible to love these movies.
I'm not talking 'lower level' management or film makers, there is plenty of love, see MOS for that, for example, but the person with the keys to the vault needs to have knowledge and passion for what needs to be done.

For me, I wouldn't go near Gibson in a million years to direct anything and Reeves for me ain't the right fit either but I get what you are saying, they are not scrimping on talent financially, and that being said, I don't agree with Marvel's director fit view either, at least DC/WB do seem loyal in their choice making.

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.