The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Deadpool > Deadpool Sequels

Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #526
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Default Re: Deadpool 2 News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
I'm not bothered by the costume being sexualized. I'm bothered by the costume not being comic accurate.

Here's a tip.

Never watch an X-MEN movie

X-MEN: FanCast

"A man has to be what he is. You can't break the mold..... There’s no living with… with a killing. There’s no going back from one. Right or wrong, it’s a brand. A brand sticks. There’s no going back. Now you run on home to your mother, and tell her… tell her everything’s all right. And there aren’t anymore guns in the valley."
Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM   #527
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post
Here's a tip.

Never watch an X-MEN movie
HAHA. Fox are getting better with Deadpool. But the one time that a character wears a black leather bodysuit with gloves in the comics is the time that Fox suddenly doesn't do it. And Domino still does need the facepaint. That's like Storm without prematurely grey hair.

Is it racially insensitive to make a young black woman a platinum blonde? There's a good argument for it. But Fox did it anyway. Making Domino a black albino isn't any worse but somehow Fox don't want to do it even though it's her most defining feature. It's like when they gave Bishop an African accent despite the fact that he's supposed to be an Australian aborigine.

Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM   #528
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganGambit87 View Post
dont know if fake or real but cool none the less

Why does Cable look like Brad Pitt?

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM   #529
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
Is it racially insensitive to make a young black woman a platinum blonde? There's a good argument for it. But Fox did it anyway. Making Domino a black albino isn't any worse but somehow Fox don't want to do it even though it's her most defining feature.

Or they could possibly not want to cover her up. They didn't cover up Baccarin and it worked just fine. To the GA Copycat & Domino had the same relevance level aka None. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things to FoX. They operate by the Hellfire Club motto "Fais ce que tu voudras" (Do what thou wilt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Why does Cable look like Brad Pitt?
LoL

"A man has to be what he is. You can't break the mold..... There’s no living with… with a killing. There’s no going back from one. Right or wrong, it’s a brand. A brand sticks. There’s no going back. Now you run on home to your mother, and tell her… tell her everything’s all right. And there aren’t anymore guns in the valley."
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM   #530
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Somehow, I don't think the minds or costume folks who gave us a comic accurate looking Deadpool and even put Negasonic in a classic X-Men costume (although that was more Tim Miller's idea, apparently) would turn around with a vastly different looking Domino.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM   #531
Zant
Side-Kick

At least Bryan Singer won't get the blame for darker non accurate costumes this time LOL.

It would be funny and ironic if the mainline xfilms start having more color in their costumes than the Deadpool/xforce stuff going forward. Apart from the hair, I like Dom's look.

Zant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #532
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick

when you wanted something like this, but you get a trash likely

Neno_Kos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM   #533
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
It would be funny and ironic if the mainline xfilms start having more color in their costumes than the Deadpool/xforce stuff going forward. Apart from the hair, I like Dom's look.
X-Force costumes are usually dark. Even Deadpool's X-Force costume is monotone and without color.

The X-Men films should be more colorful regardless so there's nothing really ironic there.

Last edited by def28; Yesterday at 05:52 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM   #534
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Concept art looks badass!
And people should keep in mind that concept does not equal the characters' final look.

-JKR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM   #535
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
At least Bryan Singer won't get the blame for darker non accurate costumes this time LOL.

The difference is there'd be some precedent in the X-Force characters having darker costumes. That being said, the 90s X-Men being colorful and the modern day X-Force characters having darker costumes sounds just about right.

I'd just add an X or two to Neena and Nate's looks. We got the X's in Apocalypses, so it'd be a nice touch.

Smilodon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM   #536
JEM
Side-Kick

Those pictures are in good quality so 100% sure Fox or Ryan put them online just forPitt.
Do you think they want to show Domino first look with those leaked pictures ? Ryan is a master with social media.

I will not be surprised if Domino look different in Deadpool 2. Though, i could see the afro hair with Zazie. I don't know if Domino will look faithfull or not but don't jump easy guys.

Last edited by JEM; Yesterday at 05:58 PM.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #537
def28
Side-Kick

The hair is cool, but I don't get the design or creative choice overall.

They can still make her look like Domino, but this just comes off as lazy imo. And given what we got with Colossus and NTW I'm hoping for a bit more accurate when they start shooting.

Last edited by def28; Yesterday at 05:56 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM   #538
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Or they could possibly not want to cover her up. They didn't cover up Baccarin and it worked just fine. To the GA Copycat & Domino had the same relevance level aka None. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things to FoX. They operate by the Hellfire Club motto "Fais ce que tu voudras" (Do what thou wilt)

LoL
Copycat is a shapeshifter. That isn't the same. I have never seen a costuming choice this baffling where Domino is no longer an albino.

Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM   #539
JEM
Side-Kick

Yeah i understand but remember Teenage Negasonic Warhead concept art.

I think it is little to early to see what they want to do ( expect afro hair)

JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM   #540
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
Those pictures are in good quality so 100% sure Fox or Ryan put them online just forPitt.
Do you think they want to show Domino first look with those leaked pictures ? Ryan is a master with social media.

I will not be surprised if Domino look different in Deadpool 2. Though, i could see the afro hair with Zazie. I don't know if Domino will look faithfull or not but don't jump easy guys.
The haircut is only a minor gripe since Domino did have long hair and a skimpy outfit back in the mid-90s. It's that Domino needs extensive facepaint. She's an albino with a light grey color to her skin. Imagine if Apocalypse or Nightcrawler wasn't blue. Domino doesn't have a natural skin tone. Period.

Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #541
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
I have never seen a costuming choice this baffling

Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM   #542
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
They turned him blue in the final film. If he were purple, I'd still have an issue with it.

Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM   #543
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I was sure that Domino would be white in this film regardless of the casting. The inverted colours for the sake of a black actress is just idiotic. The character is albino, not white. Paint her please, but by all means keep Zazie's incredible hair though.

Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #544
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
Yeah i understand but remember Teenage Negasonic Warhead concept art.

I think it is little to early to see what they want to do ( expect afro hair)
If this made it in, I would have raged almost as hard. I say almost since those designs are ugly but I'm not as much of a NTW fan as I am a Domino fan.

But Cable looks fantastic. No complains other than he needs more blue in his costume. They at least gave him the metal arm.

Colossus is still in red so I have no reason to complain.

But Domino's design is literally all wrong from a costuming perspective. Both in terms of makeup and in terms of her actual costume. It's like Iron Man without the goatee and with blue armor.