The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #1251
Brother Jack
Believer

Default Re: New Batmobile

Is it possible to make a stealth helicopter? Because that seems to me to be the most logical vehicle Batman would have after the car (and bike). It would be aerial without being as overkill as a jet would be.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #1252
TheBatman072
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
Is it possible to make a stealth helicopter? Because that seems to me to be the most logical vehicle Batman would have after the car (and bike). It would be aerial without being as overkill as a jet would be.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:52 PM   #1253
ALP
In The Mountains

In all seriousness, no thanks. A helicopter is just wonky. If he can't have a jet then nothing aerial

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
Old 11-28-2010, 12:03 AM   #1254
TheBatman072
Banned User

If there's a Batplane, I'd like to see something like a pitch black, manned Predator Drone.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:25 AM   #1255
Paste Pot Pete
No, I build a rocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
I don't get it either. The tumbler is fine but no way can Batman drive a boat or a small aircraft. As if those things don't exist in real life...?
It's just part of this weird persistent notion that will continue until Nolan's series is over.

"He only does REALISTIC THINGS...except for all the unrealistic things he's already done. But from here on in, ALL REALISTIC!"

Old 11-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #1256
Micah12345
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paste Pot Pete View Post
It's just part of this weird persistent notion that will continue until Nolan's series is over.

"He only does REALISTIC THINGS...except for all the unrealistic things he's already done. But from here on in, ALL REALISTIC!"
Oh my god this so much. People did it with every aspect of the movie when they were anticipating the dark knight, and now they do it with TDKR.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #1257
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
A jet is always cooler and dont forget that it could have VTOL, so it could be just as practical as a chopper.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #1258
bunk
superhero fan

I could totally see him having a drone that he can use for reconnaissance.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #1259
The Englishman
Marching On Together

I dont see anything wrong in him adding a Batboat and a Batcopter to his transport collection, i think an helicopter would work better for aerial traval around the city than a Jet anyway, but he could use the Batwing for out of town missions....

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 11-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #1260
ALP
In The Mountains

The F117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter. Single seat, used in nighttime missions, highly maneuverable and invisible to radars. Deploys laser guided bombs and air-to-surface missiles. Just make it smaller and more sleek

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

Old 11-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #1261
batman_1989_
Side-Kick

Batplane?Batboat?He needs a proper Batmobile first!What about the one from Batman:Arkham Asylum?I don't want to see him drive that mini Miller tank again

Old 11-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #1262
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

If we get a new Batmobile, it won't be something drastically different than the Tumbler, so you might as well give that dream up. Look at my sig, don't expect things that won't happen or you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #1263
ALP
In The Mountains

Yeah, that is true but unfortunately it means we miss out on some of the 'batman look' on many things. But at least the bike was called the bat-pod. So we're making some improvements! I know we probably won't get a classic batmobile but I did quite like the one in Arkham Asylum. It's like the one that Alex Ross draws but a bit more souped up. I truthfully don't think it's that far off from the tumbler in design either. And when I say that i just mean if one is possible I think the other could be. It's not that the AA design couldn't work in Nolan's world(especially considering the AAmobile doesn't even have large fins, they are very very small), it's just that Nolan and Crowley like more militaristic than sleek. That's why I even posted a pic of a military nighthawk as opposed to a normal batwing from the comics.

And here is the batwing which I don't like nearly as much

Last edited by ALP; 11-28-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #1264
The Guard
Side-Kick

The time to see the Batplane, or some semblance of it, would have been when Batman went to get Lau. Would have been cool to see Alfred flying a plane, abrupt or not. But no, it makes more sense for him to hire South Korean smugglers...

Last edited by The Guard; 11-28-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #1265
ALP
In The Mountains

If Alfred were driving a normal jet to Hong Kong then it really would not have even been a bat-plane at all. Just a normal plane that Alfred would be driving to pick them up. And that's pretty much what it was, minus Alfred. In fact we could easily just use our imagination and say the plane that picked Batman up was a white (bat)plane flown by Lucius. But seriously, that would have been slightly useless b/c we only see the plane for what? 15 seconds at most. No need to design and show off a bat-plane for only 15 seconds of screentime. Unless they were going to show it off more.

What I usually hear is that Batman could have flown the batwing to China but people forget that a trip from America to Hong Kong is roughly anywhere between 15-20 hours long. The batwing would be far too cramped up and small to make that drive, unless it were like the owl ship and Batman could get up, stretch his legs, and pour a cup of hot cocoa. So there is clearly a reason why Batman did not fly a small batwing/jet to Hong Kong.

Last edited by ALP; 11-28-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #1266
Doctor Jones
No One

To me it's just cheesy seeing Batman in the air flying a plane. Especially Bale's Batman. I mean the Tumbler is one thing, but getting a boat and a plane makes that division even more suspicious as if it already wasn't in TDK.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #1267
Bat-Mite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post

Indubiously!
Blue lights on the side? I smell a Schumacher.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #1268
Marx
Pixelated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post

Indubiously!
WTH is that!?

Old 11-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #1269
Mysterioman
Banned User

I can't see Batman really owning that sort of vehicle. I can, but it wouldn't really work. I'd have Batman ride a giant bat before putting him in that thing.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #1270
Conebone69
The Legend Ends

I say batman just uses the same tumbler again, Fox probably has another

There was nothing wrong with that

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES 2012
Old 11-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #1271
Marx
Pixelated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conebone69 View Post
I say batman just uses the same tumbler again, Fox probably has another

There was nothing wrong with that
At this point, I'd be shocked if the exact same Tumbler design wasn't brought back. (With little to no modifications.) Fox said that two were always used in training exercises. I'm sure a company as large as Wayne Enterprises kept more than one.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #1272
Travesty
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
At this point, I'd be shocked if the exact same Tumbler design wasn't brought back. (With little to no modifications.) Fox said that two were always used in training exercises. I'm sure a company as large as Wayne Enterprises kept more than one.
It doesn't matter if they have another or not, Reese gave Fox the blueprints for The Tumbler back to him, so they have the proper schematics/blueprints to build another.

I like The Tumbler, I wouldn't mind if it came back. The only thing that doesn't feel like a "Bat-mobile" to me, is that it's just called The Tumbler. Other than that, I think it looks like a proper Bat-mobile.

Last edited by Travesty; 11-28-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #1273
Marx
Pixelated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
It doesn't matter if they have another or not, Reese gave Fox the blueprints for The Tumbler back to him, so they have the proper schematics/blueprints to build another.

I like The Tumbler, I wouldn't mind if it came back. The only thing that doesn't feel like a Bat-mobile about it, is that it's just called The Tumbler. Other than that, I think it looks like a proper Bat-mobile to me.
It is true that Fox does have the blue prints for it, but I find it hard to believe they only had one left over. Defense contracts never have just one of anything.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #1274
ALP
In The Mountains

Yeah they have more tumblers in the garage of Wayne Tech. It would make sense to use another. We just want a different design. Thing is...I can't imagine Batman going down from a tumbler to something that isn't a 'tank.' If it can't destroy everything in its path it would feel like a downgrade.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #1275
Marx
Pixelated

I can't imagine Nolan's Batman driving anything BUT a tank.