The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #126
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Anyone here thought Topher Grace was miscast as Venom?
Not really. Although I dislike Venom, I love the direction they took with the character (actually giving him, ya know, motivations as opposed to the comics), and prefer the look of Venom not being a hulk sized creature. Also, Eddie Brock Jr., who in the comics was as scrawny as Topher used to be before he semi-beefed up in the role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #127
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Pa

Quote:
I sure did, pathetic Eddie Brock in my eyes. No good qualities at all, at least the blonde hair and hating Peter Parker was there.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #128
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Nope he's 616

How do you figure? Let me guess, based on physical appearance.

Character wise, SM1 Peter and Ultimate Peter are more similar than TASM Peter is to either.

Ultimate Peter is shy, soft-spoken and passive, but generally optimistic and in good spirits...just like Peter in SM1.

TASM Peter is a street smart, confident, sardonic and very angsty.

Now how is SM1 Peter "616"? I realize it's convenient and easy to apply these sort of shorthand labels to these characters, but they're just not accurate. Sorry.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #129
Green Goblin
Twip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
How do you figure? Let me guess, based on physical appearance.

Character wise, SM1 Peter and Ultimate Peter are more similar than TASM Peter is to either.

Ultimate Peter is shy, soft-spoken and passive, but generally optimistic and in good spirits...just like Peter in SM1.

TASM Peter is a street smart, confident, sardonic and very angsty.

Now how is SM1 Peter "616"? I realize it's convenient and easy to apply these sort of shorthand labels to these characters, but they're just not accurate. Sorry.
Keep it for the Garfield v.s Maguire thread.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
2017 Spidey reboot ideas
The following post is my opinion so take it as you will.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #130
Green Goblin
Twip

Anyone else find Spider-Man more enjoyable than Spider-Man 2?

It's been a few years since I watched SM1 and I'm looking around for some deals in my near by DVD stores for it.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
2017 Spidey reboot ideas
Old 09-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #131
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Anyone else find Spider-Man more enjoyable than Spider-Man 2?

It's been a few years since I watched SM1 and I'm looking around for some deals in my near by DVD stores for it.

Keep it for the SM1 vs SM2 thread.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #132
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Keep it for the Garfield v.s Maguire thread.
I don't remember mentioning Maguire or Garfield...hmmm...Way to avoid my argument.

I'm talking about the characterization of Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN (What's this thread called again?) being very similar to that of the ultimate comic book more so than TASM- and not simply "616".

Old 09-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #133
Green Goblin
Twip

Quote:
I don't remember mentioning Maguire or Garfield...hmmm...Way to avoid my argument.

I'm talking about the characterization of Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN (What's this thread called again?) being very similar to that of the ultimate comic book more so than TASM- and not simply "616".
Nope we can discuss this else where, I want this thread to be about Rami

2017 Spidey reboot ideas
Old 09-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #134
Vid Electricz
Banned User

It was probably totally unclear when I said:

"I'm talking about the characterization of Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN"

I can easily see how you could misconstrue that as meaning anything other than discussing the characterization of Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #135
Green Goblin
Twip

Quote:
It was probably totally unclear when I said:

"I'm talking about the characterization of Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN"

I can easily see how you could misconstrue that as meaning anything other than discussing the characterization of Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man.
I mean I don't want to discuss Maguire or Garfield, we've moved on. Their is a seperate thread to compare and/or talk about what version they are based.

2017 Spidey reboot ideas
Old 09-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #136
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
I mean I don't want to discuss Maguire or Garfield, we've moved on. Their is a seperate thread to compare and/or talk about what version they are based.

Moved on from what? Discussing Sam Raimi's Spider-Man?

Yes, there is a separate thread to discuss who you liked better portraying Peter Parker, Garfield or Maguire. As I've repeaed twice now, that has nothing to do with this discussion. I'm talking about the characterization of Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. Looks like that fits the criteria of this thread. So no, it's no more a fit for that thread than this one.

Talk about dancing around the point!

Old 09-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #137
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
Moved on from what? Discussing Sam Raimi's Spider-Man?

Yes, there is a separate thread to discuss who you liked better portraying Peter Parker, Garfield or Maguire. As I've repeaed twice now, that has nothing to do with this discussion. I'm talking about the characterization of Peter Parker in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. Looks like that fits the criteria of this thread. So no, it's no more a fit for that thread than this one.

Talk about dancing around the point!

Quote:
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #138
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

I love Symbiote Peter moments

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #139
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

I legitimately loved the dancing moments in SM3.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #140
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Those never fail to make me laugh hard

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #141
DX
YES! YES! YES!

Devin Faraci wrote an article defending the dance scenes and...yeah, I agree with him lol

http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/02/i...-dance-scenes/

It's the end of Sony as we know it and I feel GREAT!
Old 09-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #142
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX View Post
Devin Faraci wrote an article defending the dance scenes and...yeah, I agree with him lol

http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/02/i...-dance-scenes/
I love this segment of the article
Quote:
But for all its problems, Spider-Man 3 has some shining moments, one of which is essentially Sam Raimi's grinning middle finger to all the grim n' gritty business that has consumed superheroes for the last few decades: the Peter Parker dance scenes.

Not faulting it

YOUTUBE

Old 09-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #143
Green Goblin
Twip

If they wanted to show Peter having changed they could have just had him more intimidating instead of turning him into laughing stock.

2017 Spidey reboot ideas
Old 09-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #144
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

He was a joke only in the street dance and the bar dance
The way people call him a joke in that movie is as if all he did was dance over Brock's fallen body

Later:
Venom: "I'm dancing over your broken body. It's pay back
With great power comes great fun"

YOUTUBE

Old 09-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #145
Green Goblin
Twip

I always thought Spider-Man 3 was just a werid movie with Tobey Maguire in it

2017 Spidey reboot ideas
Old 09-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #146
Green Goblin
Twip

And this turns into a Spider-Man 3 bashing thread

Again

2017 Spidey reboot ideas
Old 09-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #147
Human Torch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I love this segment of the article

Not faulting it
Yeah,great article.The guy nailed it.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #148
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
It's part of a film series about a dork able to run as fast as a school bus unable to beat anyone in his school, suddenly dressing in tight spandex and able to punch Flash halfway through the school hall and fights a guy on a glider using bombs in a burning building

Of course Spider-Man 3 is weird

YOUTUBE

Old 09-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #149
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Quote:
And this turns into a Spider-Man 3 bashing thread

Again
Dude, you're the only one bashing it.

Quote:
If they wanted to show Peter having changed they could have just had him more intimidating instead of turning him into laughing stock.
That was the point of the article. It was Sam Raimi subverting expectations about the gritty antihero trope we've seen a trillion times.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #150
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

Quote:
"Miscast" is an understatment. As you might guess from my signature, I'm no less livid about Venom's fate in SM3 than I was in 2007. I can't think of a character who was more disrepected in a modern-era movie.

I really wish Brock and all references to the symbiote had been left out of SM3, which was a good movie otherwise. Everything from the symbiote's lame origin, to Brock's emaciated look, to the idiotic fake photo story, to Venom's vomit-inducing dialogue was time which would have been better spent on Harry and Sandy.

"We will eat both of your arms and then both of your legs. Then we will eat your face right off your head. You will be this armless, legless, faceless thing, won't you? Rolling down the street...like a turd...in the wind." --Venom

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Closed Thread