The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #401
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If the vast majority of the Superman action scenes are CGI, that early cut must have been without most of the action given when it was viewed. I can't imagine it had much if any of the entire 3rd act. Plus all the Krypton stuff probably wasn't done. Honestly, what could they have been watching? Clark hitch-hiking and fishing in Alaska? To best honest, those non-action scenes look incredible in the trailer.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #402
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shrugs. No idea. Maybe thats why they were unhappy. Ha.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #403
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
If the vast majority of the Superman action scenes are CGI, that early cut must have been without most of the action given when it was viewed. I can't imagine it had much if any of the entire 3rd act. Plus all the Krypton stuff probably wasn't done. Honestly, what could they have been watching? Clark hitch-hiking and fishing in Alaska? To best honest, those non-action scenes look incredible in the trailer.
Hell yes they do! Even that shot of Lara while Krypton is exploding looks great!

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #404
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Del toro said people were happy with mos when he was talking about justice league dark

Old 02-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #405
robmx522
Banned User

link us superal

Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #406
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

Well I go back to my same stance as always. It's their project. Even if they aren't, they wouldn't want to say it.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #407
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Well I go back to my same stance as always. It's their project. Even if they aren't, they wouldn't want to say it.
Yeah, remember pre-GL, they were all these stories that they were so confidant about the movie they'd greenlit sequels and were talking tot he writers. By they point, even they must have realised the movie wasn't good... but it's not like they can come out and say that.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #408
robmx522
Banned User

i don't understand what people want out of a superman movie ...from the trailers it has everything i WANT

Old 02-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #409
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

here's what I want, a damn good story, a damn good fight scene, maybe a little romance where needed, and in terms of a DC movie, a connection to a larger universe....I've had more than enough of all the damn stand alone films where no other heroes exist.

Last edited by N7 Joseph Shepard; 02-10-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: fixed stupid spelling mistakes lol
Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #410
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
i don't understand what people want out of a superman movie ...
action scenes not involving slow motion. something to break up the midsection on the costume. brainiac.

dictated, not read.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #411
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
action scenes not involving slow motion. something to break up the midsection on the costume. brainiac.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #412
robmx522
Banned User

really ? your upset because superman isn't wearing his red underwear ? REALLY?

Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #413
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
link us superal
I can confirm that...I read it too. Don't remember where, but if you Google it I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find!

Old 02-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #414
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
really ? your upset because superman isn't wearing his red underwear ? REALLY?
i didn't say that. but the trunks would have been better than the belt buckle on a unitard look.

dictated, not read.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #415
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
here's want I want, a damn good story, a damn good fight scene, maybe a little romance where needed, and in terms of a DC movie, a connection to a larger universe....I've had more than enough of all the damn stand alone films where no other heroes exist.
perfect....exactly what I want

Old 02-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #416
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
well i do this is freaking superman i would love some epic slow motion of course not go overboard but some damn epic snyder slow motion with superman would be epic

Old 02-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #417
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
i didn't say that. but the trunks would have been better than the belt buckle on a unitard look.
It's not just a belt buckle...the design is cool too. I think it does the job of the trunks

Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #418
herolee10
No More Miracles

I just hope that Snyder doesn't use too many CGI models for the action sequences.

And I want a villain for Superman who comes off as someone truly frightening. I would have given that to Stamp's Zod but considering the inconsistency in his portrayal due to the difference in directors for that film, it's kind of hard to give that version of the character that.

I want Zod to truly represent on how terrifying it could be to have someone with all of Superman's powers not have his morality attached to them. Makes you appreciate even more that Superman was raised as a good person.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #419
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAl View Post
Del toro said people were happy with mos when he was talking about justice league dark
Quote:
link us superal
http://www.blastr.com/2013-1-8/guill...moving-forward

Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #420
sup101
Side-Kick

I want them to show how great superman villains can be.We need a good trilogy with every villain being epic, as in done the right way.It look like zod will be done right.Shannon gonna kill it as zod, then lex, brainiac ect.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #421
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I just hope that Snyder doesn't use too many CGI models for the action sequences.

And I want a villain for Superman who comes off as someone truly frightening. I would have given that to Stamp's Zod but considering the inconsistency in his portrayal due to the difference in directors for that film, it's kind of hard to give that version of the character that.

I want Zod to truly represent on how terrifying it could be to have someone with all of Superman's powers not have his morality attached to them. Makes you appreciate even more that Superman was raised as a good person.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #422
robmx522
Banned User

that was awesome yeah he sounds like the ball is allready rolling with justice league also

Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #423
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
It's not just a belt buckle...the design is cool too. I think it does the job of the trunks
i think that was the intent but it's too subdued.

dictated, not read.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #424
robmx522
Banned User

man as much as i want this movie now i'm gonna miss all the pre hype dreaming about how the movie is gonna turn out

Old 02-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #425
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
i think that was the intent but it's too subdued.

I don't think it's too bad...it works for me

Quote:
man as much as i want this movie now i'm gonna miss all the pre hype dreaming about how the movie is gonna turn out
I had a pretty vivid dream about Man of Steel last night

Closed Thread