The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #226
Rogan525
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 79
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Okay I saw the movie last night and it was good but not great! Yes Anna should have had a bigger role. To me it's a big slap in the face to her to bring her back and then cut the scenes she's in and just have a cameo. I mean singer made her the focus in the beginning. So to cut her is a bigger slap than what ratner did in X3. At least she spoke in that movie. All I can figure is that Singer has promised her a big role in a future movie because she doesn't seem all that v upset about it. What we need is an original cast sequel.Hopefully we will get it after Apocalypse.

Rogan525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #227
warhorse78
Side-Kick
 
warhorse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan525 View Post
Okay I saw the movie last night and it was good but not great! Yes Anna should have had a bigger role. To me it's a big slap in the face to her to bring her back and then cut the scenes she's in and just have a cameo. I mean singer made her the focus in the beginning. So to cut her is a bigger slap than what ratner did in X3. At least she spoke in that movie. All I can figure is that Singer has promised her a big role in a future movie because she doesn't seem all that v upset about it. What we need is an original cast sequel.Hopefully we will get it after Apocalypse.
I just want to know, why did the writers write such a complicated side story with her? Why not just have her there with Storm and Bobby and fight with them against the Sentinels the whole time, have her for once be an actual damn X-Men! No more of this student bull crap. Continue on from X-2 where she had her own uniform and everything. Why is that so difficult?

I was at IMDb, looking at the writing credits. I'm thinking this Simon Kinberg or whatever, really doesn't like Rogue. He wrote for X3, and that was the movie that started to butcher her character with the whole cure thing and not having her continue with her X-Men status, and instead, gave it to Kitty, who also has a big part in DOFP. So, as long as this dude is on the project, don't expect to see a great Rogue, or none at all. But do expect to see a super Shadow Cat!


Last edited by warhorse78; 06-01-2014 at 12:16 PM.
warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #228
Rogan525
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 79
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

So true.!!!! It's just excuses from him and Kinberg. I mean she could have been there from the start and easily taken over for kitty. It's called dumb writing.

Rogan525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #229
Rogan525
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 79
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

These writers start things but don't follow through. Ugh!

Rogan525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #230
LEVITIKUZ
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10,732
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

I hope we get an extended edition like The Wolverine with the escape scene with Rogue, Magneto, and Iceman.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #231
Rogan525
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 79
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

I'm hoping we get all her deleted scenes which I think we will. It should be altered scenes on the cut.

Rogan525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #232
warhorse78
Side-Kick
 
warhorse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I hope we get an extended edition like The Wolverine with the escape scene with Rogue, Magneto, and Iceman.
I don't know if I'm going to like this now. It seems these writers can't write Rogue to be a hero, she's always the damsel in distress that needs to be saved. Isn't she supposed to be one of the most powerful mutants in the lore?

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #233
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 36,179
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan525 View Post
So true.!!!! It's just excuses from him and Kinberg. I mean she could have been there from the start and easily taken over for kitty. It's called dumb writing.
Oh please, it's not "excuses" it's "explanations". You just don't like it.

And as far as the whole "why did they bother to do something so complicated with Rogue" thing, how about because they were trying to give her something to do? If she had "just been there" like some are trying to say, all you would have seen was her standing around like the others outside the temple doing nothing until the final fight, where she'd maybe fight a few sentinels before being killed, then you'd complain they didn't give her enough then as well. The fact was, they tried giving her something more meaty to do, but it didn't work, and didn't have time to go back and give her a completely new role, so it had to be cut. Sorry but thems the brakes. Not everything in the movie industry is so cut and dry like some of you think it is and it's not so easy to fix it. There's a reason why these people are being paid to make these films and they don't come to people like us to call the shots. They know what they're doing. Not everything can please everybody, especially in movies with such huge casts like these. And that's not just true for movies but life in general. It sucks, but then you finally grow up and realize that it's not going to kill you and there's worse things to worry about, and you Move. On.

Specter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #234
batboy99
BTVS
 
batboy99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,621
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Put your love for Rogue aside for one minute, do you REALLY think it would have been logical to have Wolverine injure Kitty while she's in the midst of phasing his mind to the '70s, only to have rogue come In a few minutes later and take over?
1)that would just make the whole thing pointless.
The point of it was to bring another danger to the situation and for the audience to say "will they make it? What happens if she dies? Oh no!"
2)if rogue just came in and saved the day, THAT would be crappy writing. It removes all urgency from that little sub plot.

Some of you guys need to seperate your love for a character from what is best in whatever scene/situation.

batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #235
Rogan525
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 79
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Well let's put it like this. When you start off a movie franchise with a certain character then throw that character to the side it's called pissed poor writing. Obviously in the beginning the writers and directors wanted us to love that character which alot have. Hey Singer brought her back and then did nothing with her. I don't care how you spin that it's dumb. If they wanted to they could have kept her or could have written something better. To tell people to move on is also rude and dumb. The time that blink and others had In the movie could have been time for Rogue. She is an original cast member that people love.

Rogan525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #236
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 54,092
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan525 View Post
So true.!!!! It's just excuses from him and Kinberg. I mean she could have been there from the start and easily taken over for kitty. It's called dumb writing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan525 View Post
These writers start things but don't follow through. Ugh!
And nothing....nothing....outside of the writer's sitting there writing can make changes in how a movie will progress. No actors working on another project, having something in their personal life interrupting things, directors or producers changing their minds on how things should proceed, the comic book company themselves wanting changes, lawyers, agents.....nothing but the writers are in charge of a movie.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #237
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick
 
eledoremassis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: East Coast (USA)
Posts: 1,207
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

I think for X1 the story was about Rogue and they fit Wolverine (and everyone was like LIVE ACTION WOLVERINE ARRRRGG!! lol) around that character because they were one in the same. X2 was supposed to be about Wolverine finding his way about finding his past. X3 was about Jean. Then everything became a mess.

I agree that Rogue could have been teamed up with Bobby and stuff in the future, but I think the problem is that the Sentinels now have Rogues power and that's why they rely on time travel because I get the feeling they were able to hold off the Sentinels just enough until they started to mimic their powers (Colossus seemed pretty surprised) so I wish they could of had him say "Rogue" or something to implicate that and we could assume (in this new cut) that she was tested on and died.

But as far as putting her back in, they originally wrote her to save the day but felt it did not work because it took drama out. I think they were more focused on reworking the middle part of the movie and could not get her back if they wanted to make her part of Bobby's/Kittys group

__________________
When the last vampire are extinct, who will mourn our passing? Will she? Will anyone? Can anyone understand this pain, this loneliness?
eledoremassis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #238
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 36,179
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan525 View Post
Well let's put it like this. When you start off a movie franchise with a certain character then throw that character to the side it's called pissed poor writing. Obviously in the beginning the writers and directors wanted us to love that character which alot have. Hey Singer brought her back and then did nothing with her. I don't care how you spin that it's dumb. If they wanted to they could have kept her or could have written something better. To tell people to move on is also rude and dumb. The time that blink and others had In the movie could have been time for Rogue. She is an original cast member that people love.
I don't care how you "put" it, you clearly are letting your love of the character cloud your judgement. You keep saying things like "they could have written something new" or stuff like that like it's just that easy for them. Guess what, it's not. They had something that they thought worked, but when finally putting together the film after everything was shot, they found that it didn't. So they cut it all and had a few characters come back for some brief reshoots to fill in the few gaps it left. Her role was so removed from everything else that she lifted out so easily. As far as "they could have just kept her", no they couldn't. There was no time for her to come back and film something entirely new at all. And giving her time that the other new characters had? Then you'd have people complaining that we didn't get any new characters. There is no way to please everyone, and Rogue just happened to get the short end of the stick on this go around. NOT by any personal grudges or inability to write her like some of you like to try to claim, but just because she couldn't fit this time around. The fact that they're going to the trouble, effort, and money to completely finish the effects for her scenes to include in a dvd release should tell you they feel bad enough about it that they're trying their best to at least do something for her. Again, it happens, it sucks, but there's NOTHING you can do about it, so move on.


Last edited by Specter313; 06-01-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Specter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #239
DarkXorn
Kick-Side
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ireland
Posts: 124
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

I think everybody should just pipe down until the sequence is released on DVD to make their own judgments instead of ranting off about what someone else said about it.

Jesus christ.

DarkXorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #240
Mars123
Side-Kick
 
Mars123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 1,210
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Still one of the most talked about characters I see

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #241
warhorse78
Side-Kick
 
warhorse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99 View Post
Put your love for Rogue aside for one minute, do you REALLY think it would have been logical to have Wolverine injure Kitty while she's in the midst of phasing his mind to the '70s, only to have rogue come In a few minutes later and take over?
1)that would just make the whole thing pointless.
The point of it was to bring another danger to the situation and for the audience to say "will they make it? What happens if she dies? Oh no!"
2)if rogue just came in and saved the day, THAT would be crappy writing. It removes all urgency from that little sub plot.

Some of you guys need to seperate your love for a character from what is best in whatever scene/situation.
That scene didn't even have to happen. She simplay could have been fighting with Storm and Iceman, using their powers and maybe even have some powers from Wolverine so she could be really showcased. Instead, we get this hack job instead.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #242
warhorse78
Side-Kick
 
warhorse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 2,983
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
And nothing....nothing....outside of the writer's sitting there writing can make changes in how a movie will progress. No actors working on another project, having something in their personal life interrupting things, directors or producers changing their minds on how things should proceed, the comic book company themselves wanting changes, lawyers, agents.....nothing but the writers are in charge of a movie.
Well, I'm just connecting the dots. X1 and X2, both Singer movies, and they did pretty good with Rogue. Then X3 comes, no Singer, but this Simon Kinberg joins. Now we have Ellen Page as an X-Men, while Rogue is just laid to waste. And then, DOFP, Singer is coming back, we get word that Rogue will have some major scenes, but then they are cut, and the only one I see coming on to all of the geek sites trying to justify it, is Simon Kinberg, who wrote the screenplay for this movie as well. Maybe the guy has more pull with what goes on in these movies than Singer does for all we know. He is in charge of a lot of projects for Fox, and they have not been all that great. For all we know, the stuff that people did like in DOFP was Singer's involvement. I just hope he rights some wrongs in the DVD extras and in future movie projects. Like I said, I did like the way he set up Rogue in the first two movies. It's still not too late. Hell, right now, I would say Paquin is in her prime to be doing this stuff now.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #243
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 36,179
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Well, I'm just connecting the dots. X1 and X2, both Singer movies, and they did pretty good with Rogue. Then X3 comes, no Singer, but this Simon Kinberg joins. Now we have Ellen Page as an X-Men, while Rogue is just laid to waste. And then, DOFP, Singer is coming back, we get word that Rogue will have some major scenes, but then they are cut, and the only one I see coming on to all of the geek sites trying to justify it, is Simon Kinberg, who wrote the screenplay for this movie as well. Maybe the guy has more pull with what goes on in these movies than Singer does for all we know. He is in charge of a lot of projects for Fox, and they have not been all that great. For all we know, the stuff that people did like in DOFP was Singer's involvement. I just hope he rights some wrongs in the DVD extras and in future movie projects. Like I said, I did like the way he set up Rogue in the first two movies. It's still not too late. Hell, right now, I would say Paquin is in her prime to be doing this stuff now.
Ok, first, you're not connecting dots, you're looking for a conspiracy. Second, you do realize that the ONLY reason Kinberg is doing all the talking right now is because of Singer's legal trouble causing him to step away from the promotion of the movie, right? If Singer could talk about this stuff right now, he'd be telling us the exact same thing. He pretty much already did when he first announced it. Kinberg has no special "pull" with the studio, the director and producers have much more say than he would and outnumber him.

Specter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #244
Melapi
Side-Kick
 
Melapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 914
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Well, I'm just connecting the dots. X1 and X2, both Singer movies, and they did pretty good with Rogue. Then X3 comes, no Singer, but this Simon Kinberg joins. Now we have Ellen Page as an X-Men, while Rogue is just laid to waste. And then, DOFP, Singer is coming back, we get word that Rogue will have some major scenes, but then they are cut, and the only one I see coming on to all of the geek sites trying to justify it, is Simon Kinberg, who wrote the screenplay for this movie as well. Maybe the guy has more pull with what goes on in these movies than Singer does for all we know. He is in charge of a lot of projects for Fox, and they have not been all that great. For all we know, the stuff that people did like in DOFP was Singer's involvement. I just hope he rights some wrongs in the DVD extras and in future movie projects. Like I said, I did like the way he set up Rogue in the first two movies. It's still not too late. Hell, right now, I would say Paquin is in her prime to be doing this stuff now.
More like it, Rogue was having a promising future until X2. Everything was messed in TLS and DOFP, and Kinberg is the common denominator. He even said that the cut was more his fault than anything.

I don't understand why people is defending him that much. He basically depowered her and in my book that is unforgivable.

Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #245
Paradox1
Side-Kick
 
Paradox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fl
Posts: 7,649
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Was that not Rogue at the end of the movie with Bobby?

__________________
"Tell me, do you bleed?......You will"
-Batman
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #246
Rike
Crazy
 
Rike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: In the moment.
Posts: 2,920
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
More like it, Rogue was having a promising future until X2. Everything was messed in TLS and DOFP, and Kinberg is the common denominator. He even said that the cut was more his fault than anything.

I don't understand why people is defending him that much. He basically depowered her and in my book that is unforgivable.
Brett Ratner made her take the cure. That wasn't originally in the script.

__________________
Avatar by Kane52630
Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #247
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,906
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

If you want to connect the dots, it's best to check Paquin's availability against her role in each film.

__________________
henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #248
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan
 
SAUspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 760
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rike View Post
Brett Ratner made her take the cure. That wasn't originally in the script.
Yep. I read the novelization by Claremont (Which was great) prior to seeing the movie. Didn't take the cure.

SAUspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #249
Weather Witch
Side-Kick
 
Weather Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,343
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Just a little longer guys. The DVD will surely be here in the next 7 months.

__________________
"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where."
Weather Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #250
batboy99
BTVS
 
batboy99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,621
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
That scene didn't even have to happen. She simplay could have been fighting with Storm and Iceman, using their powers and maybe even have some powers from Wolverine so she could be really showcased. Instead, we get this hack job instead.
You do realize that it's not as easy as just ""including her with the other mutants in the battle", right?
They had this scene in mind for Rogue. And they filmed it(or parts of it). And then they decided while cool, it didn't work. So they cut it.
It's not that easy to just get the actors back and refilm. They could have decided to cut it when they were already done filming the future scenes. Including her would mean having to get ALL the actors back to reshoot and that is simply just not how it works.
Yeah, it's crappy she only got a 1 second cameo, but they did actually think of including her. It just didn't work.

__________________
BUFFY SLAYS 20

Buffy Enamel pins!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.