The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 02-14-2015, 03:34 PM   #101
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Default Re: Sonic The Hedgehog.

Although I enjoyed Adventures, I've never been crazy about the Sonic universe post-Adventures, with the rock and roll, and edgy characters.

But really, the main issue is that the games just lack quality control.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:52 PM   #102
Soapy
Side-Kick

Personally I think the biggest issue that has plagued the Sonic franchise since it went 3D is Sega's incessant need to try and reinvent the wheel every single game.

Think about Mario. There are a set of rules and concepts that are always the same in nearly every Mario game from Super Mario Bros. all the way to 3D World. Sure, Nintendo will find ways to do new stuff, but it's always in the periphery and never really interferes with the core structure of a Mario game.

Sega by comparison is constantly futzing with Sonic's core gameplay structure, thus never allowing the series to develop a solid foundation to iterate on and build up from.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:20 PM   #103
Soapy
Side-Kick

Sonic Boom: Where Did It All Go Wrong?

Old 05-22-2015, 10:47 PM   #104
Octoberist
point blank

Sega acted like bastards didn't they? I feel bad for smaller developers like Big Red Button.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #105
Soapy
Side-Kick

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice Announced for Nintendo 3DS

Old 06-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #106
The Hill
Frat House Member

IF MS does indeed buy Sonic, I see it more as a move to undermine competition than to strengthen IP stock. Kinda like what they did with Rare. But why stop at Sonic, whose rep has been tarnished since the 06 game? Just acquire all of Sega IPs

Backtracking is the basis of all gameplay. Only a fool wouldn't recycle assets to lengthen gameplay
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:39 AM   #107
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hill View Post
IF MS does indeed buy Sonic, I see it more as a move to undermine competition than to strengthen IP stock. Kinda like what they did with Rare. But why stop at Sonic, whose rep has been tarnished since the 06 game? Just acquire all of Sega IPs
undermine what competition? No one is checking for Sonic in 2015. He hasnt been relevant for like 15 years. The only platforms Sonic consistently pops up on is Nintendo's and they really arent on MS's radar. Sonic and Sony arent exactly joined at the hip

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:13 AM   #108
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Sega just went through a restructuring and downsizing, which is one of the things you do when you don't want to be bought. At this point, I don't know what value they would bring, either. They've let all their IPs that aren't Sonic rot, and while Sonic has been a de facto Nintendo exclusive, I really don't think it's something that Nintendo looks at as a major franchise for their systems. They might, but if Sonic were to suddenly to disappear from Nintendo systems, I doubt they'd be hitting the panic button.

Also, despite what people believe, I honestly don't think they bought Rare to undermine Nintendo. Maybe that was part of it, but they bought them because they were up for sale, and at the time, they were one of the hottest developers around. It was a wise business decision, on paper, but I think MS, like many, underestimated how much of the core talent left the company. I feel like that rumor goes hand-in-hand with the one that MS thought they were getting Donkey Kong when they bought Rare, which I don't believe for a second.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #109
zenith16
Side-Kick

The Sequel To Sonic Dash Has Been Given A Sonic Boom Makeover. July 7, 2015 . 10:29am

Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom gives Sonic a scarf and seeks Knuckles in his buffer form.

Quote:

Sega has soft-launched endless runner sequel Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom on Google Play for Android players. (Note that it being soft-launched means it’s only available in certain countries for now).

As that title reveals, this sequel sees Sonic Dash getting a complete Sonic Boom makeover. That includes Sonic with that scarf, buffed up Knuckles, as well as Tails, Amy, and Sticks.

This time you can play as three characters at once in the Team Play mode, switching them during runs in order to make use of their various abilities – Amy slams her Hammer, Knuckle’s uses a “Jump Up & Slam” attack, while Sonic uses a Dash move to go even faster. Collecting magic Sprites allows you to upgrade the characters.

There’s also an Enerbeam that, when used, switches you to tilt controls as you swing your character through the air.

Read more stories about Android & Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:36 PM   #110
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

How about nope.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:34 PM   #111
zenith16
Side-Kick

3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Trailer Presented In 3D. July 21, 2015 . 2:30pm

Sonic and Tails come to Nintendo 3DS on Thursday with 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
This version of the game has all of the features of the Genesis release including two player support.

Quote:

Sonic and Tails come to Nintendo 3DS on Thursday with 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2. This version of the game has all of the features of the Genesis release including two player support. Players can select cooperative pay where player two gets an invincible Tails or Match Play where two players race on a split screen.

3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 has stereoscopic 3D graphics which you can preview with a pair of red and blue 3D glasses. Just like other M2 upgrades, there is a quick save feature and an option to play the Japanese or international release.

Read more stories about 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 & Nintendo 3DS & Videos on Siliconera.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:00 AM   #112
zenith16
Side-Kick

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice Sending Sonic And His Crew To 2016.September 15, 2015 . 10:00am

Sonic won’t be booming onto the Nintendo 3DS this winter. Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice has been pushed into 2016.

Quote:

Sega has announced that it will be pushing Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, the Nintendo 3DS sequel to 2014’s Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, into 2016. Originally set for a Winter 2015 release, the handheld title now has a more indefinite launch window.
The reason for the Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice delay is quality assurance. Sega stated that the game needed both time and polish before it would be ready for a full release. It isn’t part of the company’s Tokyo Game Show 2015 lineup and won’t be appearing at the booth.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
is a 2.5D platformer where players help Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks’ unique abilities to explore levels. As usual, Sonic has his speed, Tails can fly, Knuckles is the strongest cast member, Amy wields a hammer, and Sticks can use a boomerang. In addition, all characters will use the power of fire and ice to proceed through areas.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Sega & Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice on Siliconera.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:44 AM   #113
Benstamania
Go away.

Let it go Sega.

Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:42 AM   #114
Havok83
Side-Kick

Im guessing these games must be profitable if Sega continues to make them. They really should put Sonic in the vault for a few years bc he's overexposed and mostly in bad titles

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:15 AM   #115
Benstamania
Go away.

From what I'm told by friends who still work at GS.. People buy them like hot cakes out of hope, lol.

Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:27 AM   #116
terry78
I don't die, fool

Just make the goddamn CG theatrical film already, Jesus.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #117
The Hill
Frat House Member

Of all the IPs Sega has under them, they continue to make Sonic the workhorse. I need ore Shinobi in my life, or at the very least, Phantasy Star Online.

Backtracking is the basis of all gameplay. Only a fool wouldn't recycle assets to lengthen gameplay
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #118
zenith16
Side-Kick

PC
Sonic Lost World coming to PC on November 2
Published 11 hours ago. 60 comments.
Quote:
Wii U exclusive headed to Steam.

Sonic Lost World is coming to PC on November 2 via digital download, Sega announced. It will cost $24.99 / £19.99 / €22.99.

Users who pre-order Sonic Lost World for PC will get Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed absolutely free.

Originally released for Wii U in 2013, the PC port will feature full controller support, Steam Achievements, cloud saves, leaderboard functionality, interchangeable keyboard prompts depending on whether you play with controller or mouse and keyboard, and widescreen and high resolution implementation. It will also include the “Nightmare” downloadable content released post-launch for the Wii U version.
Here’s a rundown of the game, via Sega:
Sonic Lost World sees Dr. Eggman harnessing the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six, but when the Deadly Six rise up against their master, Sonic has to unite with his arch nemesis in order to take on the new enemies head-to-head. Using his dynamic new parkour moves and improved Colour Powers, Sonic must run, jump and race through a variety of ever changing terrains in order to defeat the Deadly Six.

View the first set of PC screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

Read More

PC, Game Announce, Release Dates, Screenshots, Sega, Sonic: Lost World
Also with

3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Added Ring Keeper Mode To Keep It From Being “Unbeatable”. October 6, 2015 . 10:43am

3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2′s Ring Keeper and Stage Select were added to make the port more accessible.
Quote:

3D Sonic the Hedgehog, the Sega 3D Remaster Project’s port of the original Genesis game to the Nintendo 3DS, will be coming to the Nintendo eShop this week. In addition to stereoscopic 3D graphics, this version of the game also includes a Stage Select and Ring Keeper Mode to make the game more accessible to players. The Sega Blog shared an interview today with Yosuke Okunari, Sega Games Producer, and Naoki Horii, M2’s President, that discusses how the two features made it into the game.

Okunari stated that Sega and M2 like to include at least two new things in each Sega 3D Remaster Project title that weren’t in the original releases, aside from the 3D effects, and for 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 the Stage Select and Ring Keeper were added to make the game more accessible to both returning players and people enjoying it for the first time. Okunari stated, “The last boss battles against Mecha Sonic and Eggman Robot were so difficult, that even I, as a heavy gamer back then, lost to them countless times. Thus, instead of recreating an unbeatable game, we wanted to offer a more fun, casual game play, which was possible through Ring Keeper mode.”

In 3D Sonic the Hedgehog, the Ring Keeper mode allows a person to keep half of their rings if damaged by an enemy. Normally, Sonic loses all but one ring when hit. This allows him to keep half. Okunari also reminded people, “Another important thing to note is that Sonic will have ten rings when the game starts, so going against a boss shouldn’t be too bad even if you have to get hit a couple of times.”

The full 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 interview can be found at the Sega Blog and also discusses the effort needed to make Versus Mode and the Special Stages playable in the port. The game will be available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop on October 8.

Read more stories about 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 & M2 & Nintendo 3DS & Sega on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera& Gematsu

Old 10-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #119
KevanG
Pragmatic Villain

I admit to not having played Sonic Boom but I watched someone I know play it for a while and I could not stop laughing.

KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:47 PM   #120
zenith16
Side-Kick

source: GI

Old 01-06-2016, 01:18 AM   #121
Soapy
Side-Kick

Old 01-06-2016, 04:34 AM   #122
Nardz937
Side-Kick

I will cry tears of joy if we get a classic/Genesis style game with a proper budget and respect. It's been my dream for so long. Sonic 4 was a disgrace.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #123
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

So I was bored and perused Steam Community boards for Sonic, and oh my Arceus was it very disturbing. No not furry fan fiction, though I didn't tread that part of the site. But posters believed there was a conspiracy theory surrounding Sonic 06 and most of the YouTubers who posted videos of its numerous glitches were spewing nonsense that they purposely scratched the disks to make the glitches happen. And they thought the story was the best out of the entire franchise and the people who criticize the story don't know what they're talking about.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #124
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

I played Sonic 06 brand new out of the box and it was just as glitchy as every Youtuber has highlighted.

As a hyper fan of classic Sonic I hope we get something cool for the 25th anniversary. Hell, even if they just did an HD remake of the first three and threw them all on the same disc I'd be A-OK with that.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #125
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardz937 View Post
I will cry tears of joy if we get a classic/Genesis style game with a proper budget and respect. It's been my dream for so long. Sonic 4 was a disgrace.
Sonic 4 was kind of good but had the protectal to be great. The levels and the music was good but sonic him self ran to slow like half his normal speed. If he ran his normal speed sonic 4 would have been great.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote