The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 11-21-2015, 10:14 PM   #26
X Knight
Hope

Default Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Iceman, have you picked up ROTR yet for your X1?

if so, how do you like it?

Old 11-23-2015, 12:14 PM   #27
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
Iceman, have you picked up ROTR yet for your X1?

if so, how do you like it?
Nope, kind of pointless of me to buy new games right now. Got Halo 5 at launch and played one match of multiplayer and 15 mins of campaign. Just have too many games to finish (including the TR reboot which I was about 70% of the way through last year) and too many multiplayer & co-op commitments! I just need to lock myself away in a room for 5 years to catch up. One problem I have is not being able to play a title if I haven't finished all the previous titles in that series (only going back to last gen though at least!).

Old 11-23-2015, 01:59 PM   #28
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Nope, kind of pointless of me to buy new games right now. Got Halo 5 at launch and played one match of multiplayer and 15 mins of campaign. Just have too many games to finish (including the TR reboot which I was about 70% of the way through last year) and too many multiplayer & co-op commitments! I just need to lock myself away in a room for 5 years to catch up. One problem I have is not being able to play a title if I haven't finished all the previous titles in that series (only going back to last gen though at least!).
ah, ok. fair enough.

I've built up a backlog of games I need to go through, too. lol

Old 11-23-2015, 09:27 PM   #29
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

So I did a water stealth kill and got the achievement for shooting a chicken out of the air with a fire arrow lol. Weird little glitch there. I think I'm near the end of the main story, been a good ride. I have really enjoyed the game.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:35 PM   #30
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Season pass content detailed by Major Nelson. And yes, blah blah blah PS4 version will probably blah blah blah gonna wait for blah blah blah. Nobody cares.

Quote:
Back in October, Xbox and Crystal Dynamics revealed how the single player experience will be extended in Rise of the Tomb Raider and last night at The Game Awards shared a first glimpse at Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, one of the major content packs coming early next year via the Season Pass or as standalone DLC. In addition to Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, fans can also look forward to two other considerable additions to Rise of the Tomb Raider with Endurance Mode (available Dec. 29) and Cold Darkness Awakened (available in 2016) along with a slew of new outfits, weapons and expedition cards to personalize and extend fans experience in the main campaign.

See below for more information on the main content additions as well as the card packs, weapon skins and outfits available in the Season Pass or as Standalone DLC for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.

Endurance Mode – Available December 29th

Alone and in the wild, Lara must scrounge, scavenge, craft and survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies, both man and beast, by night. This is her ultimate woman-versus-wild test to push the limits of how long she can survive on her own in sprawling, unforgiving landscapes. Fire takes fuel, cold kills the unprepared, food restores health, but everything must be caught, collected, or crafted. You start with nothing and must find everything. Challenge friends to your longest survival run and battle to the top of the leaderboards for the title of Ultimate Survivor. Includes a new outfit and weapon.

Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch – Available in early 2016

Deep in the wilds of Siberia, there is a forbidden forest that no man will enter, where a Soviet expedition vanished without a trace. Lara enters the Wicked Vale in search of a missing man, but what she finds is a nightmare that she cannot explain. Is the witch, Baba Yaga, truly haunting the forbidden forest? Or is there more to the legend? Featuring hours of new gameplay, this adventure expands the story of the main campaign with Lara facing deadly new adversaries, exploring a new puzzle-filled tomb, and solving a decades old mystery, all culminating in a showdown with an ancient and mythic evil. Includes a new outfit, and a new bow.

Cold Darkness Awakened – Available in 2016

Decommissioned during the Cold War, a dormant weapons research base has been breached, unleashing a mysterious affliction into the Siberian wilds that transforms beasts and men into blood-thirsty, mindless killers. Lara must overcome increasingly dangerous waves of these infected predators while scrounging their equipment and crafting additional gear on the fly, in kill or be killed survival-combat. Fight for your life against new enemies and complete new challenges, while discovering a way to stop or perhaps even reverse this impending catastrophe. Includes a new outfit and weapon.

Also included:

Expedition Card Packs

Silver Expedition Card Pack – A set of 5 Expedition Cards, guaranteed to contain at least one Uncommon Card.
Gold Expedition Card Pack – A set of 5 Expedition Cards, guaranteed to contain at least one Rare Card.
Advantage Expedition Card Pack – A set of 5 Expedition Cards, each of which will give Lara a distinct advantage while playing. Perfect for those looking for a little edge.
Challenge Expedition Card Pack – A set of 5 Expedition Cards, each of which inflicts a restriction on Lara or another modifier that makes gameplay more difficult. Overcome challenges to earn bonus credits.
Wild Expedition Card Pack – A set of 5 Expedition Cards, each of which will have a highly unique impact on gameplay. Who knows what creative, crazy, or even Rare Cards are within?
New outfits & weapon skins

(available now) The Siberian Ranger Pack – Includes the “Siberian Ranger” outfit which increases Lara’s carrying capacity of all special ammunition, the “Accipiter Nox” Semi-Automatic Pistol skin, and a card pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance at being rare.
(available in 2016) The Prophet’s Legacy Pack – Includes the “Immortal Guardian” outfit that reduces Lara’s damage from Greek Fire, the “Piercing Truth” dagger and a card pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance at being rare.
(available in 2016) The Ancient Vanguard Pack – Includes the “Ancient Vanguard” outfit that reduces the delay before Lara regenerates her health, the “Guiding Light” Bow skin and a card pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance at being rare.
(available in 2016) The Wilderness Survivor Pack – Includes the “Nightshade” outfit that gives Lara the chance of looting an exotic animal resource from a common animal, the “Deathsong” Bloody Hatchet and a card pack with two guaranteed rare cards and three other cards that have an increased chance at being rare.
Sounds like the Baba Yaga stuff is an actual story expansion, so I'll be down for that. Not really sure about the rest.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:57 PM   #31
The Hill
Frat House Member

Good thing I held off on the season pass. Baba Yaga is the only content I find in interesting in the whole lot. Cold Darkness sounds like Horde mode.

Backtracking is the basis of all gameplay. Only a fool wouldn't recycle assets to lengthen gameplay
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #32
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I'm curious, for those who have played the reboot and the sequel on X1, how do the graphics compare?

I'm currently playing through the Definitive Edition on PS4 and it really is one of the best looking games I've seen this gen. I can't imagine it looking even better.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #33
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

It's been awhile since I've played 2013, but Rise's graphics are pretty incredible on the One. Definitely one of the better looking games I've played.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2015, 10:59 PM   #34
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Season pass content detailed by Major Nelson. And yes, blah blah blah PS4 version will probably blah blah blah gonna wait for blah blah blah. Nobody cares.

Sounds like the Baba Yaga stuff is an actual story expansion, so I'll be down for that. Not really sure about the rest.
actually, all the Season Pass stuff sounds interesting to me.

so I'll gladly blah blah wait for the blah blah Definitive PS4 version blah blah.

blah.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:07 PM   #35
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
actually, all the Season Pass stuff sounds interesting to me.

so I'll gladly blah blah wait for the blah blah Definitive PS4 version blah blah.

blah.

I know you're just kidding around and all here, but if it does sound interesting to you, maybe you should use that as an opportunity to discuss that in some way or form as opposed to echoing the same sentiment that's been said in this thread probably a thousand times.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2015, 11:30 PM   #36
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
I know you're just kidding around and all here, but if it does sound interesting to you, maybe you should use that as an opportunity to discuss that in some way or form as opposed to echoing the same sentiment that's been said in this thread probably a thousand times.
I find the survival mode and the 2 new story DLC interesting. They are content I'd actually consider buying a Season Pass for. as opposed to other Season Passes where it seems the DLC content really isn't worth it.

so if that's the content that will be included in a future Definitive Version, and assuming that's what the PS4 version will be, I'm now more excited for that to come out next year.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:44 PM   #37
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Season pass stuff sounds interesting to me. Obviously the story DLC is the main star. However, Endurance mode could be pretty cool, making sure to plan your night out during the day, could be somewhat like overtime mode in the original Dead Rising, just hoping you'll be able to save. Cold Darkness does sound like Zombie horde mode, but I haven't bought a Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2 I'd be interested to play it. The cards and outfits are whatever, those never really excite me.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #38
The Hill
Frat House Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingfantasy15 View Post
Season pass stuff sounds interesting to me. Obviously the story DLC is the main star. However, Endurance mode could be pretty cool, making sure to plan your night out during the day, could be somewhat like overtime mode in the original Dead Rising, just hoping you'll be able to save. Cold Darkness does sound like Zombie horde mode, but I haven't bought a Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2 I'd be interested to play it. The cards and outfits are whatever, those never really excite me.
That seems like it would undercut the challenge.

Backtracking is the basis of all gameplay. Only a fool wouldn't recycle assets to lengthen gameplay
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #40
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Rumor has it that RoTR will be released on PC on January 29th, which just so happens to be my birthday

Honestly didn't think it'd be released until June at the earliest.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #41
zenith16
Side-Kick

Tomb Raider boss Darrell Gallagher quits Crystal Dynamics after six years at the top

5 hours ago
Crystal Dynamics studio head Darrell Gallagher, who also served as Head of Product Development and Studios at Square Enix, was announced to be...
Read more

source: PCGamesN

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:46 PM   #42
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xbox One
Rise of the Tomb Raider demo now available on Xbox One
Published 1 hour ago. 10 comments.

Quote:
Try out Laura Croft's latest adventure.

A playable demo for Rise of the Tomb Raider is now available on Xbox One.
The contents of the demo are unknown at the moment, but you can queue it up here.’

Rise of the Tomb Raider is now available on Xbox One and Xbox 360.

A PC version is due out in early 2016, and a PlayStation 4 version in fall 2016.
Thanks, @wario64.

Read More

Xbox One, Crystal Dynamics, Demos, Microsoft, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Square Enix

source: Gematsu

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:58 AM   #43
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Sounds like they're begging people to play this game and hopefully buy it after.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:06 AM   #44
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Sorry MS. I'm waiting for the PC version.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #45
Havok83
Side-Kick

for a game like this, they really should have had a demo prelaunch. They just let Fallout squash it

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:40 PM   #46
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Seems like Steam is listing the PC version for next month

Quote:
Old 12-26-2015, 09:15 PM   #47
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
for a game like this, they really should have had a demo prelaunch. They just let Fallout squash it
I'm not saying a demo beforehand would have took away from Fallout sales at release, but I definitely think it would have helped sales a bit for this game.

Old 12-27-2015, 06:41 PM   #48
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Making it a timed exclusive and releasing it against Fallout was monumentally stupid. I hope this stupidity perpetrated by Microsoft hasn't killed this franchise's reboot.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #49
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

The thing is, no one had any idea Fallout was releasing the same day until it was announced. It wasn't stupid, it was just really bad luck and timing for Microsoft.

I think we'll still get a sequel because the game will definitely sell on PC and PS4 since both should be releasing in periods where you don't have a big Fallout type game releasing around it. Although it still remains to be seen what is set for release in Fall 2016. But I wouldn't be too surprised to see the PC version outsell the XBone version after just a month.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #50
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Glad to hear the XBox-ers are enjoying this. Should be the worth the year-long PS4 wait for me. UC4 should help with that, lol.
Xbox-ers, lol

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote