The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 12-31-2015, 04:20 PM   #76
X Knight
Hope

Default Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I doubt it. I highly believe that Microsoft made the deal that the game cannot be released on PS4 until after a certain date. Kind of like how Mass Effect 1 was never released on PS3 until about 5 years later when it was included in the trilogy pack.

I almost wonder, did Microsoft also give them an added boost financially to solely work on the XB1 version so that it could come out sooner, and now CD is finally starting to work on the PS4 version. I mean I guess it wouldn't make much sense to work on both at the same time and then just let the PS4 version sit for a year, but it makes me wonder how much of their resources would be put into making the PS4 version, and what would be in making a sequel.
don't......don't dash my hopes.

but yeah.......I'm sure the 1 year exclusive period was a key part of the deal.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:49 PM   #77
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I doubt it. I highly believe that Microsoft made the deal that the game cannot be released on PS4 until after a certain date. Kind of like how Mass Effect 1 was never released on PS3 until about 5 years later when it was included in the trilogy pack.

I almost wonder, did Microsoft also give them an added boost financially to solely work on the XB1 version so that it could come out sooner, and now CD is finally starting to work on the PS4 version. I mean I guess it wouldn't make much sense to work on both at the same time and then just let the PS4 version sit for a year, but it makes me wonder how much of their resources would be put into making the PS4 version, and what would be in making a sequel.
Actually it would. CD has to pay their employees to make the game so it makes more sense to do it all at once rather then extend the development cycle. Extending that also keeps them from making other games. Obviously priority is placed on optimizing the XB1 version for release, but I have no doubt they were worked on simultaneously. With the game now done, the team can move onto their next title with maybe a few people assigned to refine and optimize the PS4 version taking into account any glitches which may come up post-release

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:24 PM   #78
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
do you think there's an off chance they will move up the release of the PS4 version?
not a chance bruh. the earliest you'll get your hands on this is Oct 1st.

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:04 PM   #79
zenith16
Side-Kick

for the pc side

Rise of the Tomb Raider to be bundled with Nvidia GeForce GPUs

12 hours ago Comments 2
Between January 7 and February 23, a range of Nvidia graphics cards will be purchasable along with a free copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Read more

source: PCGamesN

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:02 AM   #80
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I've been looking at the GTX 970. But I was looking for an AMD GPU like the R9 390.

Old 01-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #81
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

So, january 29 it is. Really looking forward to this.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:19 PM   #82
zenith16
Side-Kick

Here's what the collectors looks like

PC
Rise of the Tomb Raider for PC launches January 28
Published 13 hours ago. 38 comments.

Quote:
PC version to ship in three editions.

Rise of the Tomb Raider will launch for PC on January 28, Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics announced.

The game will be available via Steam, the Windows Store, Amazon, the Square Enix e-Store, and other major retailers both in-store and online. The standard edition costs $59.99 and the Digital Deluxe edition including the Season Pass is $89.99. A Collector’s Edition including the Digital Deluxe edition, a 12-inch Lara Croft statue, replicas of Lara’s journal and jade necklace, and a steel case, will also be available from the Square Enix e-store for $149.99.

The PC version will support Windows 10 and 4K resolution.
“The PC release of Rise of the Tomb Raider continues the positive momentum from our highly successful partnership and collaboration with Microsoft for the launch on Xbox One and Xbox 360,” said Scot Amos co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics.

Crystal Dynamics co-head of studio Ron Rosenberg added, “PC players are a passionate, devoted audience and we know they’ll embrace the version created for their systems.”
Here’s a rundown of the game, via Square Enix:
After uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity.

Lara must use her wits and survival skills, form new alliances, and ultimately embrace her destiny as the Tomb Raider. Experience high-octane action moments, conquer beautifully hostile environments, engage in brutal guerilla combat, and explore awe-inspiring deadly tombs in the evolution of survival action.

In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
View the first set of PC screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

PC, Crystal Dynamics, Release Dates, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Screenshots, Square Enix
source: Gematsu

Old 01-06-2016, 03:06 PM   #83
Spider-jedi
Side-Kick

i wanted to ask those who have played or are playing the game right now. Do you have lara the character herself to be kinda boring. dont get me wrong i enjoy the game but lara just doesnt seem to be interesting

PSN ID: spider-jedi
Gamertag: superspiderjedi
Spider-jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #84
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
Games like Watch Dogs, RofTR, Arkham Knight, MGSV make me wonder - why developers don't create a theater mode in their games? Or don't create manual save, so we can save before them, at least. With so many gorgeous real-time cutscenes it's just a crime. The last game in my memory that did it right was Resident Evil 5 (or 6). If you want to watch it again, you have to replay the game. That's cruel.
Uncharted has that for its cutscenes. TLoU did as well

Old 01-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #85
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

You can preorder the game on Steam now.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:01 PM   #86
zenith16
Side-Kick

Rise of the Tomb Raider is bundled with NVIDIA graphics cards and notebooks until 16th February

13 hours ago
It's either a cheap way or a really expensive way to get in on Lara's latest adventure, depending on your disposition. Glass-half-full types will...
Read more

source: PCGamesN

Old 01-19-2016, 04:18 PM   #87
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/19/107...a-release-date

Quote:
Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, the first story-focused downloadable content for Rise of the Tomb Raider, will launch Tuesday, Jan. 26, on Xbox One, publisher Microsoft Studios announced today.

Notably, this DLC release comes just days before the scheduled release date for the Windows PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider. Square Enix was unable to confirm to Polygon whether Baba Yaga will also be available on PC at the time of the port's launch.

Baba Yaga: Temple of the Witch will feature protagonist Lara Croft entering a strange new tomb. Therein, she will encounter new enemies, solve puzzles and fight through some wicked hallucinations, all while battling a seemingly supernatural force. Microsoft says the add-on will provide "hours of additional gameplay."

Baba Yaga is included as part of Rise of the Tomb Raider's $29.99 season pass. The first piece of season pass content, Endurance Mode, was made available last month. In Endurance Mode, players must manage Lara's warmth and access to resources to see how long they can keep her alive in the harsh wilderness. A third major piece of DLC, titled Cold Darkness Awakened, is expected later this year.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:44 PM   #88
zenith16
Side-Kick

Nvidia Showcase: Lara Croft returns to PC in Rise of the Tomb Raider

16 hours ago
PCGamesN Nvidia Showcase posts are created in partnership with Nvidia.
While Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusively launched on Xbox consoles last...
Read more

Source: PCGamesN

Old 01-25-2016, 06:16 PM   #89
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #90
The Hill
Frat House Member

huh, neat.

Backtracking is the basis of all gameplay. Only a fool wouldn't recycle assets to lengthen gameplay
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:20 PM   #91
Broseph44
Witness Me

Well I just saw on Amazon that this game is up for pre-order for ps4 and it says the release date is December 30. Was this officially announced recently?

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:23 PM   #92
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

No, common placeholder date.

Unless you mean that there will be a PS4 version of the game, in which case, yeah, it was announced not too long ago to be coming to PC and PS4.

Quote:

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 01-25-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:38 PM   #93
Broseph44
Witness Me

Like I said that's what it was. Rise of the Tomb Raider ps4 pre-order and said this title will be released on Decembed 30 2016, that's what I saw on Amazon. Just came across it randomly.

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:11 AM   #94
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Pre-ordered it. Hope it's not an optimization catastrophe. My PC isn't a nuclear power plant.

OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:00 PM   #96
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

So despite still not having started newer games like The Witcher 3 and MSG V, I've been putting a lot of time into Tomb Raider: DE for PS4, and it's really reminded me of why I loved the game the first time around.

I'm really curious though, in RoTR, what kind of new weapons or gear is there. This really reminded me of the Arkham games where you get new gadgets to access previously unavailable areas, and I'd love to know what new stuff they have in the sequel.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:37 AM   #97
zenith16
Side-Kick

Rise of the Tomb Raider sells nearly three times as many digital copies on PC as on Xbox One in its first month

14 hours ago
Comments 3

Update 26 Feb, 2016:
A previous version of the article incorrectly stated the PC version had sold in excess of 3 million,
based on the combined...
Read more

Source: PCGamesN

Old 02-27-2016, 03:19 AM   #98
Havok83
Side-Kick

how is that news? PC tends to sell way more digital copies than consoles bc most PC games are bought digitally rather than physical. Most publishers dont even release physical PC games

Old 02-27-2016, 10:06 AM   #99
The Hill
Frat House Member

Quote:
So despite still not having started newer games like The Witcher 3 and MSG V, I've been putting a lot of time into Tomb Raider: DE for PS4, and it's really reminded me of why I loved the game the first time around.

I'm really curious though, in RoTR, what kind of new weapons or gear is there. This really reminded me of the Arkham games where you get new gadgets to access previously unavailable areas, and I'd love to know what new stuff they have in the sequel.
Arrows that release poison clouds. Grenade arrows. You can craft makeshift grenades and smoke bombs out of tin cans rig dead bodies with poison traps. Blunt head arrows you can stick to walls and you can stand on them. A rope you can attach to your climbing axes that allows you to swing like spider-man or scale walls.

Backtracking is the basis of all gameplay. Only a fool wouldn't recycle assets to lengthen gameplay
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:48 PM   #100
zenith16
Side-Kick

Two article two different places and one's in video as well as in written form.

448 views 7 hours ago

EP Daily Rundown for March 22, 2016

Things are getting messy today. The Binding of Isaac might be getting a sequel, the makers of Rocket League have an update on cross-platform multiplayer between the Xbox One and PS4, Apple has some new gadgets on the way, the stealth game République and Rise of the Tomb Raider have come to an end, and finally, NASA has observed a supernova for the first time!

if you need something to play on the new iOS devices, or other platforms, check this out. The fifth and final episode of the stealth game Republique is now available on iOS and Android devices. If you’re not into mobile gaming, all five episodes are also launching today on the PS4 for the first time.

Republique follows the story of a young woman named Hope as she struggles to escape the Orwellian society that she’s lived in her whole life. The thing that makes the gameplay unique is that you don’t exactly control Hope, you aid her escape by manipulating the environment around her. The conclusion has been a long time coming. The the first chapter originally debuted in 2013, following a Kickstarter campaign that launched way back in 2012.
Lara Croft’s journey in Rise of the Tomb Raider is about to come to an end. The third and final piece of DLC for the game is set to hit the Xbox One and PC next week on March 29. It’s called Cold Darkness Awakened, and will see Lara travel to Siberia to explore a decommissioned Cold War weapons research base, which has unleashed a deadly virus that turns people into mindless killers. Basically, you’ll be fighting zombies in the snow. New outfits, weapons, and expedition cards are also included in the new missions. The Cold Darkness Awakened pack is part of the game’s $40 Season Pass. A standalone price has yet to be announced.

also with

ise of the Tomb Raider's last DLC, Cold Darkness Awakened, releases March 29

2 hours ago

Rise of the Tomb Raider might have landed on PC a little after its Xbox One debut, but at least we're keeping pace with the DLC, the last of which...
Read more

source:EPN.tv& PCGamesN