The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 05-26-2018, 11:44 AM   #476
Sebastos
le professionnel

Default Re: Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 8

Costume Department Logo Hints at Villain for Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...evil-season-3/

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Sebastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #477
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

He seems like such a cool guy mr Cox. He mentions there's a fight scene in season 3 that he's really proud of. Maybe he has improved such in that department that he's getting to do more of the fighting stuff and not relying so much on the stunt guy.
Maybe even it's a fight scene with Matt instead of DD, which would make using a stunt double much harder.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #478
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastos View Post

Love it.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #479
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastos View Post

Awesome!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:18 AM   #480
Blood Spider
Side-Kick

One of the coolest villains in the MU!

Blood Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:30 PM   #481
KevTravels
Side-Kick

That Amy Rutberg

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:03 AM   #482
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
That Amy Rutberg

Well now that shooting has wrapped, she can be a bit more open about confirming her return for the season.
As said before, I do expect to see Marci take on a larger role in season 3's events. And that'd be a good thing, because Matt's supportive cast is only really down to just Karen and Foggy at this point (which is another reason why I doubt Karen or Foggy will be getting killed off in season 3), and one way to give Matt a bigger support network would be to expand the roles of already established characters, so Brett and Marci fit that bill. Plus, we haven't gotten to see any onscreen interactions between Matt and Marci. All of her scenes for the first two seasons have only been with Foggy, and none with Matt. Seeing how Matt and Karen are inevitably going to get back together romantically, it only stands to reason that Foggy and Marci's relationship is going to get a deeper exploration as well. I can imagine Foggy has been seeking solace and comfort in trysts with Marci ever since he lost Matt at the end of The Defenders.

I'm kinda seeing a future of a law firm called Stahl, Nelson & Murdock in the future, with Marci taking Karen's place as the third wheel in the firm. After all, Foggy and Marci probably are seeing a chance to go off on their own in light of Jeri Hogarth getting shown the door from HC&B. I doubt Foggy wants to continue working with Jeri, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to work for Chao and Benowitz either, so I imagine Foggy and Marci opening their own law firm, which Matt can join them at once he's revealed to them that he's alive (depending on whether or not it's Foggy who learns first, or Karen who learns first, that Matt survived).

Last edited by dmcreif; 05-29-2018 at 12:09 AM.
dmcreif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:08 PM   #483
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Very attractive.

is her character in the comics?

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:26 PM   #484
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Very attractive.

is her character in the comics?

Marci Stahl is an original character created for the show, although she does seem to fill the role that Debbie Harris had in the comics.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:36 AM   #485
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

She's a bit of Debbie, although in a very different professional context. If she ends up joining with Nelson and Murdock, she would fit in a bit with Becky Blake as well.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:53 AM   #486
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
She's a bit of Debbie, although in a very different professional context. If she ends up joining with Nelson and Murdock, she would fit in a bit with Becky Blake as well.

Right, Debbie was never a lawyer of any kind. And yeah, she'd definitely be a Becky Blake type figure. Of course, I always figured that if Becky Blake gets added to the cast, that she'd probably be related to Detective Christian Blake. Like, either she'd be Detective Blake's daughter or even his niece.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #487
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena1541 View Post
I was just saying that it takes time to have a missing person declared legally dead. Matt could reappear, alive, before that happens.

Here's a short discussion of New York law on the subject: https://www.newyorkestateplanninglaw...ntia-laws.html
Did they not have a funeral and memorial for him in Defenders? I might be misremembering that for Elektra in season 2.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #488
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Did they not have a funeral and memorial for him in Defenders? I might be misremembering that for Elektra in season 2.

They did have a very private burial for Elektra.

As for Matt, well, there were tributes. They had the Empire State Building lit up in red, and we saw Karen and Foggy have a little vigil at Matt's church.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #489
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcreif View Post

As for Matt, well, there were tributes. They had the Empire State Building lit up in red, and we saw Karen and Foggy have a little vigil at Matt's church.
So they had a funeral for him.

- CM Punk
Old 06-02-2018, 06:56 PM   #490
athena1541

Quote:

Quote:
So they had a funeral for him.
I don't think there had been a funeral or other service as of the end of "The Defenders." In their scene in the church, Foggy says it's been "days" since the events at Midland Circle, and Karen says, "They're still digging." Also, Karen apparently hasn't given up hope that Matt somehow got out and survived. So I think it's a little too soon for a funeral or memorial service.

Not sure about the Empire State Building being lit up in red. We the viewers would see it as a tribute to Daredevil, but I'm not sure it would have been identified publicly as such. What really happened at Midland Circle was covered up - the official explanation was "unpermitted construction" - and very few people know Daredevil was there. Maybe Danny paid to have the building lit up in red, without disclosing his real reason. Or maybe it was already scheduled to be lit up in red, for some other reason: http://www.esbnyc.com/explore/tower-lights/calendar

athena1541 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:59 PM   #491
dmcreif
Side-Kick

What is really hard to determine at this point is just how long Matt will be "dead". Hell, we don't know how much time passed between The Defenders and Luke Cage season 2, even with Misty's missing arm being a big part of her LCS2 character arc. So it's all a guessing game at this point. It does seem at this point that Matt will be absent for several months in-universe. Personally, I hope it’s not very long, but it does look like it will be a while before he comes back. I can realistically see him taking up to two months to recover. Beyond that, the writers will have some serious explaining to do. (I imagine the majority of the recovery time will take place offscreen, and that Matt will be back in Hell's Kitchen by no later than the end of the first episode, because he needs someone he can have conversations with and he needs to have some semblance of getting his life back on track, seeing as he needs to have some kind of life for Fisk to tear apart)

I feel personally at this point that Karen will know Matt's alive by the end of the first episode, Foggy and Marci will know by the end of episode 2, and everyone else will find out shortly after. (My money's on this idea that Karen finds Matt. Like, refusing to believe Matt dead in absence of a body, Karen has spent her spare time since The Defenders hunting down leads until she stumbles upon Matt. She may even have been secretly hiding him for a bit at the start of Daredevil season 3.)

I don't think they'll explain how Matt survived, given I feel that with everything that'll be going on in season 3, Matt will need to hit the ground running as soon as possible, and the show needs to not dwell too long on his big return. I mean, these shows have tended to skip over plot points from the previous shows if said plot points are not really that relevant to the current story.

Old 07-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #492
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

My guess is Matt will largely be absent from episode 1 and the 1st episode will focus on reaction to the death of Daredevil. Episode 2, like in season 1, may even be a flashback heavy episode showing how he survived.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:29 PM   #493
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
My guess is Matt will largely be absent from episode 1 and the 1st episode will focus on reaction to the death of Daredevil. Episode 2, like in season 1, may even be a flashback heavy episode showing how he survived.

I think it's a very legitimate concern that it may take a long time for the gang to be reunited, especially seeing as the last time Matt, Karen and Foggy were all in a scene together was in episode 10 of season 2 in the scene where Reyes was killed (in The Defenders, there were no scenes of Matt, Karen and Foggy all in one shot; it was always just Matt and Karen, Matt and Foggy, or Karen and Foggy, but never all three at once). I wouldn’t give it more than, say, the first two or three episodes, simply because I don't think Fisk would spend much time dismantling the life of someone who's presumed dead.

We know that they're borrowing at least thematic elements from the "Born Again" story. And a key element of that story is that it's Matt's civilian life that’s under attack from Fisk, not his Daredevil life. Which is the reason why I feel that Matt should get in touch with Karen and Foggy before Fisk can give him a reason not to. Or that Karen finds him (because her job means she would be more likely than Foggy to find out Matt's survival accidentally or deliberately, given her nature. Not to mention that it's about time we have it where Karen, not Foggy, is the one in on Matt’s secrets).

Old 07-07-2018, 07:58 AM   #494
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I suspect Matt won't be with the rest of his crew for quite some time, but whether Matt is out of the picture entirely is an open question. The "where is Matt" mystery would seem to make a ton of sense for the show if we hadn't seen him at the end of Defenders. In other words, a logical last shot is the same last shot as Defenders but don't need to repeat that.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #495
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I suspect Matt won't be with the rest of his crew for quite some time, but whether Matt is out of the picture entirely is an open question. The "where is Matt" mystery would seem to make a ton of sense for the show if we hadn't seen him at the end of Defenders. In other words, a logical last shot is the same last shot as Defenders but don't need to repeat that.

One of my theories went that we'll probably have key moments in Matt's recovery be covered in flashback, alternated with a present day storyline with him and Karen.

I just hope they don't do something along the lines of "Matt doesn't tell Karen and Foggy that he's alive in order to protect them or some other BS" to get some cheap drama out of him being alive. I mean, how long will he be gone? A month or two at best? Nine? Ten? I hope it’s not a long absence, but I also fear that it might be a while. I don't think they'll go for him having amnesia simply because I don't see how they could realistically incorporate such an arc in the grounded Netflix MCU.

And, forgive me if I'm repeating something I've brought up before, but what's happening to Matt's apartment? I’m assuming Matt will still be living there for season 3, since I don’t think the set people would want to build a new set for Matt’s apartment. The apartment is too iconic to lose, and I think that it'll be interesting to know if Foggy is paying rent on Matt’s place, if Danny's paying for it, if Karen and Foggy are doing something to pretend Matt is still alive or something, etc.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:24 PM   #496
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

If there isn't a good justification for Matt's survival, I will be very angry.

- CM Punk
Old 07-08-2018, 01:06 AM   #497
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Quote:

Honestly, I think they'll skip over the "how" of Matt's survival and leave that for the audience to imagine their headcanons as to how it happened. Netflix shows have had a habit of glossing over plot details from previous seasons if they're not relevant to the immediate story: The Defenders was guilty of somewhat ignoring the aftermath of Matt's identity reveal to Karen (Charlie Cox and Deborah Ann Woll weren't really happy that this got mostly glossed over), although understandably, there just wasn't room to deal with that in The Defenders without slowing down the story. Same reason we don't see whatever legal chicanery Foggy did to get Luke out of jail: it's interesting, yes, but it doesn't bear weight on the immediate plot of The Defenders, so not relevant. And the same goes here for Midland Circle: Matt survived, yes. But the "how" is irrelevant because it will bear no weight on the immediate conflict between Fisk and Nelson & Murdock. (Plus, if they don't show the "how" of Matt's survival, they can also leave it ambiguous whether Elektra survived or not)

It'll be interesting to see how Matt gets his law career restarted. And what's happening to his apartment. (Personally, I imagine that they'll keep Matt in his big corner apartment, simply because it's too iconic to get rid of, with Foggy and Karen keeping up appearances to make it look like Matt is still alive as long as possible so that his disappearance doesn’t coincide so directly with Daredevil’s disappearance. Of course, Matt did tell Karen he got a great deal on the apartment because of the billboard across the street, so maybe the apartment still be available for him for the same reason he got it in the first place: the billboard is a nasty distraction for sighted people. Then again, Fisk did blow up Matt's apartment in the original "Born Again" story, but time will tell if that's the case).

Last edited by dmcreif; 07-08-2018 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:05 PM   #498
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Honestly, I think they'll skip over the "how" of Matt's survival and leave that for the audience to imagine their headcanons as to how it happened. Netflix shows have had a habit of glossing over plot details from previous seasons if they're not relevant to the immediate story: The Defenders was guilty of somewhat ignoring the aftermath of Matt's identity reveal to Karen (Charlie Cox and Deborah Ann Woll weren't really happy that this got mostly glossed over), although understandably, there just wasn't room to deal with that in The Defenders without slowing down the story. Same reason we don't see whatever legal chicanery Foggy did to get Luke out of jail: it's interesting, yes, but it doesn't bear weight on the immediate plot of The Defenders, so not relevant. And the same goes here for Midland Circle: Matt survived, yes. But the "how" is irrelevant because it will bear no weight on the immediate conflict between Fisk and Nelson & Murdock. (Plus, if they don't show the "how" of Matt's survival, they can also leave it ambiguous whether Elektra survived or not)

It'll be interesting to see how Matt gets his law career restarted. And what's happening to his apartment. (Personally, I imagine that they'll keep Matt in his big corner apartment, simply because it's too iconic to get rid of, with Foggy and Karen keeping up appearances to make it look like Matt is still alive as long as possible so that his disappearance doesn’t coincide so directly with Daredevil’s disappearance. Of course, Matt did tell Karen he got a great deal on the apartment because of the billboard across the street, so maybe the apartment still be available for him for the same reason he got it in the first place: the billboard is a nasty distraction for sighted people. Then again, Fisk did blow up Matt's apartment in the original "Born Again" story, but time will tell if that's the case).
I won't accept it.

- CM Punk
Old 07-10-2018, 10:21 PM   #499
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Quote:
Same!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:27 AM   #500
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I think the explanation for Matt surviving is going to be Elektra.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote