The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Punisher

Old 12-31-2016, 12:47 PM   #51
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ben Barnes IS Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
He might not actually become "Jigsaw" until the very end. And a surgeon will say something like, "Your face has been turned into a Jigsaw puzzle."

In the second season of Daredevil, they had the Irish villain Finn Cooley. In the comics, he's a guy who had his face blown off by Punisher, but he lived through it. Same thing basically happened here, but it looks like he died in the show.
Actually in the comics, Finn had has face blown off do to the bomb he was working on blowing up in his face.

The way they had Frank shoot Finn in the face in Daredevil, leaves it open that he could come back.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 10:52 PM   #52
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It's true but we still don't have confirmation he's still alive.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:28 AM   #53
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Got up to BB's role in Westworkd and he plays a decent pretty boy sleaze bag there.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:44 PM   #54
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Got up to BB's role in Westworkd and he plays a decent pretty boy sleaze bag there.
Yeah I thought he was okay, but I don't find him very intimidating. I'm hoping he gets Jigsawed early on in the series and has some gruesome prosthetics.

Old 02-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #55
EmperorCommodus
Side-Kick

I really hope Jigsaw ends up having a version of the Punisher's outfit, with the skull full of stitches. It's such a superior look to just "deformed mobster in a business suit".
I have no doubts Barnes will do a great job. He was amazing in Dorian Grey.
But, in general, I can't help but worry about a Punisher solo series. He's great when unleashed on pre-existing characters, but by himself is so stoic, asocial and deranged that I can't see him being a likeable lead character for a show.

EmperorCommodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #56
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Same could be said of Batman. Does Punisher have any likable sidekicks?

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #57
EmperorCommodus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
Eh...it depends on who's writing Batman. The ideal version of him is the one we see in the 1990s animated series, the Grant Morrison run and even, to a certain extent, elements of the Silver Age. He was robbed of his family, but creates a new one. He fights crime, sure, but also invests a ton of money to help the inmates of Arkham because they're mentally ill and need care and compassion.

By contrast, The Punisher is almost villainous. He had Microchip as a sidekick. But I think he actually murdered him.

I suppose the strength of the character is that a lot of times his morality is for the audience to judge. I'm mostly with Spider-Man and Captain America brand of heroics, and would characterise him as a serial killer and outright villain, but obviously others see him as a more positive figure.

Ultimately, it will depend on how many moments of humanity they inject into Frank during the series.

EmperorCommodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #58
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

I thought the writers already did a good job with that in DD season 2. Of course, he won't have Karen to bounce off of but they can find someone else for him to protect and be vulnerable around. Since he's the hero they'll have to inject some humanity into him.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:45 AM   #59
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
I thought the writers already did a good job with that in DD season 2. Of course, he won't have Karen to bounce off of but they can find someone else for him to protect and be vulnerable around. Since he's the hero they'll have to inject some humanity into him.
Isn't Karen a regular?

Old 02-07-2017, 06:18 AM   #60
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
The Punisher has teamed up allied himself with multiple people in the comics

Outlaw (Nigel Higgins)
Lynn Michaels
Andy Lorimer and Yorkie Mitchell
Jenny Cesare
Rachel Cole-Alves
J.R Walker (Shotgun)
Kathryn O'Brien
Martin Soap
Mickey Fondozzi
Wild Rose (Rose Kugel)
Louis Frohike (Microchip Jr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorCommodus View Post
But, in general, I can't help but worry about a Punisher solo series. He's great when unleashed on pre-existing characters, but by himself is so stoic, asocial and deranged that I can't see him being a likeable lead character for a show.
I think he will be fine. The villains in Punisher stories are generally so awful that you want the Punisher to take them out. If the showrunners can make the villains someone you love to hate like Joffery or Ramsey Bolton on Game Of Thrones then it makes the Punisher going after them that much more palatable.

The Punisher has characters he has a connection to in the upcoming show such as Microchip, Curtis Hoyle, Karen Page and Billy Russo/Jigsaw.

I think the Punisher will be more like a mixture of the stoic Ennis version and the reasonably social Dixon version. The Punisher was still able to be somewhat sociable and make a connection with Daredevil and Karen Page in the Daredevil series.

The Dinah Madani Homeland character is probably going to be another one of those law enforcement characters that hunts the Punisher but eventually comes around to be being a ally.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:22 PM   #61
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
The Punisher has teamed up allied himself with multiple people in the comics

Outlaw (Nigel Higgins)
Lynn Michaels
Andy Lorimer and Yorkie Mitchell
Jenny Cesare
Rachel Cole-Alves
J.R Walker (Shotgun)
Kathryn O'Brien
Martin Soap
Mickey Fondozzi
Wild Rose (Rose Kugel)
Louis Frohike (Microchip Jr)

I think he will be fine. The villains in Punisher stories are generally so awful that you want the Punisher to take them out. If the showrunners can make the villains someone you love to hate like Joffery or Ramsey Bolton on Game Of Thrones then it makes the Punisher going after them that much more palatable.

The Punisher has characters he has a connection to in the upcoming show such as Microchip, Curtis Hoyle, Karen Page and Billy Russo/Jigsaw.

I think the Punisher will be more like a mixture of the stoic Ennis version and the reasonably social Dixon version. The Punisher was still able to be somewhat sociable and make a connection with Daredevil and Karen Page in the Daredevil series.

The Dinah Madani Homeland character is probably going to be another one of those law enforcement characters that hunts the Punisher but eventually comes around to be being a ally.
Haha yea it was kind of funny when Karen was in the diner with Frank. You see the human side of him and they seem to make a connection, and then it just goes to ***** when Karen finds out he only took her there to bring the bad guys out.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #62
Ravagex

Since we dont have any fan-based manip threads, here is something I did real quick! I never seen the guy before, but I can gladly say that he has the good looks. Which will be always nice for Jigsaw to remember by.

Ravagex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:08 PM   #63
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Don't they have a Microchip character this season?

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #64
Slick
Yup

Yes played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach. In the MCU he is a former NSA analyst. I don't know if he had that same role in the comics.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #65
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

This make-up is scarier than the deformed Frankenstein monster look given to Dominic West, and I'm just looking at a still image.
Quote:
By contrast, The Punisher is almost villainous. He had Microchip as a sidekick. But I think he actually murdered him.
I don't know about post resurrection Linus, before that they were buds, and in the early run Linus tried to kill Frank, but it was a bazooka shot that killed him while Frank was chewing his hide for the trap he set him up with.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:13 PM   #66
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Yes played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach. In the MCU he is a former NSA analyst. I don't know if he had that same role in the comics.
He worked for the CIA in Punisher: Max.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #67
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
This make-up is scarier than the deformed Frankenstein monster look given to Dominic West, and I'm just looking at a still image.
Huh?
There's a picture of the makeup?

Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #68
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Huh?
There's a picture of the makeup?
I saw that manip above and made a comment on it.
Sorry for being confusing.

YOUTUBE

Old 10-03-2017, 01:10 AM   #69
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Is that Billy in the battle van riding shotgun with Frank?

dmcreif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:03 AM   #70
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcreif View Post

Is that Billy in the battle van riding shotgun with Frank?
It's Micro/Microchip played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach

Old 10-04-2017, 01:28 AM   #71
strangelove
you discussed me

What if Billy didn't have his face disfigured right away, but got gradually damaged as he and Frank started clashing? Or do you want to see Billy get straight effed up? What if he gets disfigured but somehow, in the beginning, hides it with masks or makeup until it just gets too much?

Also, the name Jigsaw sounds a bit tacky. Would much rather have someone state possibly off hand that his face looks like a jigsaw puzzle and have him mainly just go by Billy Russo. Or maybe he gets the Beaut nickname after he gets disfigured, as a jab.

strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:07 AM   #72
strangelove
you discussed me

Quote:
In the 90's Micro was pretty much always a counter force for Frank. If memory serves, Frank was getting exceedingly violent and Micro tried to pump the brakes. Hijinks between them ensued and Frank killed him as a result. His reasoning being that Micro betrayed him.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #73
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick

Just as long as Jigsaw doesn't strut down the street and speak like a bad Goodfellas mobster impersonation, I'm good.

MurkeNyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:14 AM   #74
strangelove
you discussed me

I wonder if Billy gets cut in the scene with the gun shot through the window. The glass seems to flying towards him and he is standing almost next to it.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:24 AM   #75
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Really liked him. Different to most villains you usually get.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote