The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Punisher

Old 06-07-2018, 04:04 PM   #176
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ben Barnes IS Jigsaw

Why not do something different or better than the War Zone movie?

Again, Mason Verger looked very different in Hannibal the TV series, but the makeup work was still good IMO.

The whole point is that Billy Russo was a vain, petty narcissist. He was full of vanity. The whole point of Frank's actions was so that Russo would have to continue living with a mangled face that would repulse him or the women Russo would try to woo. Russo was begging for him to kill him. Instead, Frank wanted him to live with the shame of having a mangled, deformed face.

Instead, he's just got some scars. His face was not damaged beyond repair, it's still mostly intact.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #177
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Why not do something different or better than the War Zone movie?

Again, Mason Verger looked very different in Hannibal the TV series, but the makeup work was still good IMO.

The whole point is that Billy Russo was a vain, petty narcissist. He was full of vanity. The whole point of Frank's actions was so that Russo would have to continue living with a mangled face that would repulse him or the women Russo would try to woo. Russo was begging for him to kill him. Instead, Frank wanted him to live with the shame of having a mangled, deformed face.

Instead, he's just got some scars. His face was not damaged beyond repair, it's still mostly intact.
I mean we don't know the whole story of this season... which is why, I'm reserving my judgement until I see the product.

A second failed attempt by Russo to kill Castle would cause him to repeat the same mistakes and mangled his face further. He doesn't even look completely crazy like the Jigsaw I know.. he just looks pissed and looking for revenge. I just don't know yet and probably won't know until I watch the new season. I feel people are just jumping on this too soon.

You guys can be completely vindicated at the end of the final episode on Netflix. But without a script on my lap and knowing the full context of the scene... I just don't see this outcry will amount to much this early on.

So on this alone, I'm not completely on the "omg! What is Netflix doing?!" bandwagon just yet.

Last edited by Limonade; 06-07-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Limonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:12 PM   #178
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limonade View Post
I mean we don't know the whole story of this season... which is why, I'm reserving my judgement until I see the product.

A second failed attempt by Russo to kill Castle would cause him to repeat the same mistakes and mangled his face further. He doesn't even look completely crazy like the Jigsaw I know.. he just looks pissed and looking for revenge. I just don't know yet and probably won't know until I watch the new season. I feel people are just jumping on this too soon.

You guys can be completely vindicated at the end of the final episode on Netflix. But without a script on my lap and knowing the full context of the scene... I just don't see this outcry will amount to much this early on.

So on this alone, I'm not completely on the "omg! What is Netflix doing?!" bandwagon just yet.
The reason this doesn't really fly with me is that it sort of renders their last fight sort of pointless. So it didn't happen and they are going to hold it off this time only this time Frank is REALLY going to jack up Russo's face this time and make sure they can't fix it better at all?

A lot of missteps in the first season. We shall see. For example, Frank quits being Punisher twice.

Also Frank playing surrogate father for Micro's family. They telegraphed Micro's wife hitting on Frank from a mile away.

Second of all, why would that family not even know what Frank Castle looks like? Dude was a publicly and well known vigilante in New York City.

For comparison on TV shows with makeup heavy central characters, here's Richard Dormer on Rellik. He's a detective who was horribly scarred by an acid due to an attack by a serial killer.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 06-07-2018 at 11:21 PM.
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote