The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Punisher

Old 11-17-2017, 02:09 AM   #1
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Season 1, Episode 7 "Crosshairs" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

EPISODE 7: "Crosshairs"

Use spoiler tags when discussing the events of any future episodes.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #2
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default Re: Season 1, Episode 7 "Crosshairs" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Am I moving faster than most people or are they just not doing reviews?

The opening scene with the soldier kid is painful in a good way. It really stays as a tragedy. The direct references to the world we live in work quite well. I like the rope a dope metaphor towards the end, although I don't think it'll work the way it was hoped. I like seeing the villains actually in the open. The fact that they're in the shadows made this a very one-sided story.

The big story this time is the violence of Frank Castle and whether innocents would get hurt. The scene to interrogate Bennett got very weird, but was also very tense. And it ended with an innocent getting shot. Things also seemed to be developing with the clear shot at Agent Orange. Knowing who he is (without him dying) helps keep the story on track. I'd hate for dead time while they stumble into Russo's involvement. Four and a Half Stars.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I'm halfway now and I just hate how dragging this show is. One of my biggest problems with the other Netflix Marvel shows is how they drag a single scene into a 5 minute talking scene and this show seems to be the biggest offender by this. Also there's no score for most of the.scenes, so I am just really bored by this.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #4
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

I really enjoyed this episode. The Col was impressively gross and I was glad he got what was coming to him. The bulletproof glass reveal was also pretty cool. I was a bit bewildered at how we seemed to be so close to losing the major baddie only halfway through.

ETA: That scene in the Colonel's house felt like something out of Splinter Cell. It was awesome.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka

Last edited by BestGirl; 11-20-2017 at 02:53 PM.
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #5
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

When watching the episode, I couldn't even remember if we had seen Bennett before.

Really enjoyed the action scene. Cracked me up when you could see the laser move around as Frank took that guy out.

With how the show's gone so far, I really thought Agent Orange was gonna be done by the end of the episode.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:02 PM   #6
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
I really enjoyed this episode. The Col was impressively gross and I was glad he got what was coming to him. The bulletproof glass reveal was also pretty cool. I was a bit bewildered at how we seemed to be so close to losing the major baddie only halfway through.

ETA: That scene in the Colonel's house felt like something out of Splinter Cell. It was awesome.
I thought it could happen considering what happened to Cottonmouth in Luke Cage lol.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #7
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by righthooksrus86 View Post
I thought it could happen considering what happened to Cottonmouth in Luke Cage lol.
Yeah that was immediately what I thought was happening. Glad to have been wrong.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:23 AM   #8
Speed Force
There was an idea...

I think I can safely say this has been my favorite episode so far. Russo stole the show, the sequence at Bennett's place was really cool.

I also enjoyed the subplot with the kid soldier but I'm worried that it won't end well.

I said after last episode that things seemed like they should start to pick up and they did

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:56 AM   #9
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm halfway now and I just hate how dragging this show is. One of my biggest problems with the other Netflix Marvel shows is how they drag a single scene into a 5 minute talking scene and this show seems to be the biggest offender by this. Also there's no score for most of the.scenes, so I am just really bored by this.
This show in particular makes a strong case for these seasons needing to be a few eps shorter. I think if they'd reduce from 13 to maybe 10 would be just about perfect. I think it would eliminate the standard problem with Marvel's Netflix shows which is that they drag right around that middle point. There's always alot of fat around that midway point that could be trimmed which I think would help the pacing for pretty much every one of these shows.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #10
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post

The bullet proof glass scene was pretty sweet. The look on both he and Frank's faces was rather priceless.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #11
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
This show in particular makes a strong case for these seasons needing to be a few eps shorter. I think if they'd reduce from 13 to maybe 10 would be just about perfect. I think it would eliminate the standard problem with Marvel's Netflix shows which is that they drag right around that middle point. There's always alot of fat around that midway point that could be trimmed which I think would help the pacing for pretty much every one of these shows.
This show had dragged considerably over its first six episodes or so. It didn't really pick up until the Billy reveal. I think the season could've easily been less than 10 episodes, to be honest.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:30 PM   #12
Iceman
Infinity War!

Nice ending with the bulletproof glass. Castle's certainly not having it all his own way.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:30 PM   #13
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Sounds like an absolute chore for you lol. You could watch something else.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:44 AM   #14
Smilodon
Side-Kick

It took me awhile to realize that we hadn't heard Frank say "One Batch, Two Batch, Penny and Dime" until this episode, and I'm glad he saved it until then because I got chills.

Great episode. This show is very well-balanced in my opinion. It can be sped up, but it's not an unbearably slow show.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:07 AM   #15
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilodon View Post
It took me awhile to realize that we hadn't heard Frank say "One Batch, Two Batch, Penny and Dime" until this episode, and I'm glad he saved it until then because I got chills.
He said it in the first episode when he ran over the biker dude.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:37 AM   #16
Babillygunn
Tag team champion

That line, while awesome, should be used sparingly. Otherwise it loses its coolness. Like Die Hard's overuse of the "yippee kayeae mf" line in the sequels.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #17
dmcreif
Side-Kick

Okay, shot in the dark, I'm betting everyone here probably wasn't expecting the "Looks like I got here just in time" line Frank used in the SDCC Defenders promo to be used in the context it's used in here: Frank interrupting Colonel Bennett in the midst of BDSM.

dmcreif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #18
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Lewis, don't do it man, don't, you'll dishearten your dad, who did not ask about the empty cab right by his house.
Billy is an assassin.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote