The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Punisher

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2017, 10:53 PM   #1
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,205
Default Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

Since Marvel can only make new Netflix series if they're spin-offs, who wants to see the government cancel all Anvil contracts with good reason and work with a South African company called Bushman instead? Have him partnered with Frank as an even more unhinged and bloodthirsty protagonist who has no sense of restraint and is just one more bad experience away from totally losing it.

At the end of the series, he'd be sent to Egypt and we all know what happens there...

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:54 PM   #2
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,555
Default Re: Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

Not sure. Especially if they refuse to let him wear a costume.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:09 PM   #3
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,205
Default Re: Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Not sure. Especially if they refuse to let him wear a costume.
I wouldn't put him in a costume. I'd save the costume for his own series. I also wouldn't make him into Moon Knight yet.

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:47 AM   #4
strangelove
you discussed me
 
strangelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: in the hearts of men
Posts: 356
Default Re: Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

Read somewhere that Lightfoot name dropped Barracuda and O'Brien, when thinking about possible new characters. Here's to hoping they will green light the 2nd season.

strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:41 AM   #5
jerkhero
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FI
Posts: 487
Default Re: Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

Maybe have the costume by end of season 2 and then get rid of it in his own series?

jerkhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #6
Ravagex
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
Default Re: Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

Barracuda on screen? That would be god-likely awesome.

Ravagex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:35 PM   #7
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,555
Default Re: Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
I wouldn't put him in a costume. I'd save the costume for his own series. I also wouldn't make him into Moon Knight yet.
To me the only way it would work if you had Marc Spector meeting Frank Castle while Castle was deployed in the Middle East during the war on terror, and Spector was either a mercenary or PMC soldier who helps or comes into contact with Castle. That is a pre-Moon Knight Spector.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:17 PM   #8
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,205
Default Re: Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
To me the only way it would work if you had Marc Spector meeting Frank Castle while Castle was deployed in the Middle East during the war on terror, and Spector was either a mercenary or PMC soldier who helps or comes into contact with Castle. That is a pre-Moon Knight Spector.
I'd have him replace Martin Vanheim in the Mother Russia arc. He'd head off to Egypt at the end of the Season and won't become Moon Knight until his next appearance.

You're making the assumption that Marc would already be Moon Knight by the present day and I feel like that's the wrong way to handle the character.

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:44 PM   #9
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,555
Default Re: Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

Dasher10, I'm not sure I want Punisher to serve as the backdoor pilot for Moon Knight.

All those rumors though about another Marvel hero in The Punisher S1 though turned out not to be true though.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:04 AM   #10
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,205
Default Re: Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Dasher10, I'm not sure I want Punisher to serve as the backdoor pilot for Moon Knight.

All those rumors though about another Marvel hero in The Punisher S1 though turned out not to be true though.
If Moon Knight doesn't get a backdoor pilot then we simply aren't getting him in the MCU since he doesn't tonally fit with the film universe, he's far too edgy for network TV on ABC and he doesn't fit the Hulu or Freeform series since he's far too dark/not a teen hero.

Maybe the Disney streaming service but then he'd be isolated from the other street-level heroes. Marvel have stated that they won't do another Netflix series unless it starts as a backdoor pilot. It's the only way that we'll ever get a live-action Moon Knight.

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:20 AM   #11
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,555
Default Re: Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
If Moon Knight doesn't get a backdoor pilot then we simply aren't getting him in the MCU since he doesn't tonally fit with the film universe, he's far too edgy for network TV on ABC and he doesn't fit the Hulu or Freeform series since he's far too dark/not a teen hero.

Maybe the Disney streaming service but then he'd be isolated from the other street-level heroes. Marvel have stated that they won't do another Netflix series unless it starts as a backdoor pilot. It's the only way that we'll ever get a live-action Moon Knight.
They really said that? Where was that about the backdoor pilot?

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #12
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,453
Default Re: Anyone else want a pre-Moon Knight Marc Spector in Season 2?

I'm interested in this idea, wonder how they will handle it.
#NeverScottBuck

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.