The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #326
chaseter
Barf

Default Re: Jurassic Park IV - Part 1

I think some of the raptor deaths are described as them disembowling people.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #327
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I think some of the raptor deaths are described as them disembowling people.
Yep. Wu gets pounced on by a raptor, and it describes him as feebly trying to push it away as it ripped his guts out. So... he had a bad day.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 06-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #328
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Nedry and Wu both get disembowled.

The problem with the Jurassic Park movies so far is they don't push the envelope. They're too repetitively confined to the island.

Have dinosaurs loose in South America, Raptors preying on villagers, dinosaurs running through the streets of Rio de Janeiro or something.

There are so many broader-scale possibilities that they haven't explored at all.

Movie Review Site:
Old 06-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #329
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

But Nedry was disemboweled by a dilophosaurus, I was just talking about raptors. The movie even hinted that the raptors killed that way, when Grant was trying to scare the kid. But all we got in the film were quick cutaways and screams. Probably for the best, since I was 5 when I saw that movie in theatre.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #330
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

It was PG-13 and a lot of kids watched it, you're not gonna see someone get disembowled.

The worst part of the movie, violence-wise, is Arnold's arm.

Movie Review Site:
Old 06-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #331
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

Well, if we're including the entire series, I would say the worst part was when Eddie got ripped in half by the two T-Rexes in The Lost World. Which always just looks weird, since they bothered to have him get ripped in half, but since it was PG-13, there was no blood. It was like he was hollow inside.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #332
Victarion
Iron Captain

Hey guys--am I the only one who liked Roland Tembo and his buddy more than the protagonists in the film version of The Lost World?

Old 06-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #333
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I still see no need for a total reboot. Like I and others have pointed out there is many storylines they could go with. And I would love to see the original three leads back and I would like the kids back too. More so if they lead into storyline picked, or maybe they run ingen now or something.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #334
Lord
All Mighty

Yeah, i think that a reboot for this is a step backwards, what are you going to do with a reboot? Make it more like the book? That's just going back to the island, Jurassic Park III promised that the next film would be the dinossaurs on cities, that's just what i want to see, what happens when you bring creatures long extinct to todays times and i don't mean humans on an island full of dinossaurs

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 06-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #335
chaseter
Barf

We had dinosaurs in the city in JP2... I don't want raptors running around Los Angeles. That's not scary when they are in our element. It's scary when you are in their element.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #336
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Hey guys--am I the only one who liked Roland Tembo and his buddy more than the protagonists in the film version of The Lost World?
I agree with you. Malcolm and Eddie are okay, but Sarah and Nick are insufferable and responsible for pretty much everyone that dies on that island. Roland is by far the deepest character in the film. He reminds me a lot of Quint. He's not that good, but the character is similar.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #337
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
We had dinosaurs in the city in JP2... I don't want raptors running around Los Angeles. That's not scary when they are in our element. It's scary when you are in their element.
aid anything about raptors? The only dinossaurs that seem to have gotten away are the flying and water ones, what do you want? Another voyage to the island?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #338
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I think some people aren't appreciating what made Jurassic Park work.

The novelty of it. The unprecedented special effects. But also from a story perspective. The characters went to a mysterious island, not knowing what to expect. The shot where they first see the living Brachiosaurus? The "magical moment" everyone used to cite. Dinosaurs brought to life And then the terror when everything goes wrong. It was a new experience to the characters, and the audience.

That's one problem with the sequels. Well that, and that they were just lousy movies. But they (for obvious reasons) lacked that aspect.

Not saying you can't make a decent sequel, but a lot of the first film's appeal comes from "holy crap, dinosaurs!" Which we now have in a ton of films.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #339
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

I do think there is potential in a remake, if only for the changes in how dinosaurs are viewed in the 20 years since the original.

We now know that Velociraptors looked something like this...

That would change the whole look of the film. We haven't really seen anything like that on screen before.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #340
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Not sure how the audience would react to a T. rex with plumage though.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #341
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Not sure how the audience would react to a T. rex with plumage though.
T. rex probably didn't have feathers. As size increases for warm climate animals (which T. rex certainly was), insulation becomes more of a detriment. You see this in the largest animals today, like elephants and rhinos. Even ostriches don't have feathers on their necks and legs.

Also, they have skin impressions of tyrannosaurs that show no evidence of feathers. They could have them on parts of the body where impressions are not preserved, so we don't know for sure. Some early tyrannosaurids have been found with feathers, so it is possible that they lost them further down the evolutionary line, much like what happened with our largest mammals.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #342
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I liked them quite a bit. Roland came off as quite the badass, and his reaction to Ajay's death was the only time you really felt the impact of a character dying. It actually had an emotional impact, whereas most characters are getting chomped to bits and no one bats an eye. Although, I guess Eddie's sacrifice and Billy's "death" in III had similar impacts.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #343
Doctor Jones
No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I do think there is potential in a remake, if only for the changes in how dinosaurs are viewed in the 20 years since the original.

We now know that Velociraptors looked something like this...

That would change the whole look of the film. We haven't really seen anything like that on screen before.
Grant would be grinning ear to ear like a mother****er right now.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #344
chaseter
Barf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
aid anything about raptors? The only dinossaurs that seem to have gotten away are the flying and water ones, what do you want? Another voyage to the island?
I was talking about the Rexes in JP2. I don't want to see dinosaurs running around a metropolis again. I thought that was the lamest part of JP2...amongst the lame.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #345
Doctor Jones
No One

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that either. I don't want to see that again.

I think the only logical place to go at this point is outer space.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #346
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I still like my idea of a biological problem wiping out the dinos, could lead to some flying/water ones washing up on shores. This leads to a logical reason why ingen/various govt would send a team to the island. To find out what's wrong and make sure this isn't an extintiction event that could be harmful to humans too. And the reveal could be some old rival ingen company secretly went to island to learn how to create there own dinos. But due to there ill experiments is what caused the island dinos dying.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #347
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hopefully, it was pretty dark...a crap ton of people died.
Not only that, but

the island is blown up, the survivors are detained by the Costa Rican government, and it turns out that dinosaurs had escaped to the mainland anyways long before the events of the book.

Roughly about half of the main cast dies, but unlike the movie there is no boat to save the rest of the staff so throughout the book there are all sorts of dead, half eaten bodies lying around, especially after the power goes out the second time and things really start to get serious. There is a real stench of death hanging over the whole thing.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #348
Maximum Carnage
Tanned User

Old 06-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #349
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
Not only that, but

the island is blown up, the survivors are detained by the Costa Rican government, and it turns out that dinosaurs had escaped to the mainland anyways long before the events of the book.

Roughly about half of the main cast dies, but unlike the movie there is no boat to save the rest of the staff so throughout the book there are all sorts of dead, half eaten bodies lying around, especially after the power goes out the second time and things really start to get serious. There is a real stench of death hanging over the whole thing.
Exactly. However, as with your spoiler, I'd like to say that was a major disappointment I had with TLW as a book. Why not just
keep Ian dead, and have grant looking for the dinos that escaped the island?
We semi-got that in the "Rampage Edition" of JP...kinda. Not really but kinda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #350
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
I was talking about the Rexes in JP2. I don't want to see dinosaurs running around a metropolis again. I thought that was the lamest part of JP2...amongst the lame.
I don't want to see a rex in a metropolis again, but if the dinossaurs got away they would go to more green place.

~*SHH SIX*~
Closed Thread